Start new topic
Top 5 Industry Nations
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 05:50 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: That's pretty good on my part then, Starblaydia; as I picked the name at random.

I'd suggest an alliance to counter the Autocratic States, but that would eventually lead to a war, i'd say. Better for me to regather my strength when the current war is over.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 9 2005, 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Mar 9 2005, 05:50 PM)
OOC: I'd suggest an alliance to counter the Autocratic States, but that would eventually lead to a war, i'd say. Better for me to regather my strength when the current war is over.

War, Cold War, Yelling at each other over a diplomatic table, it's all good.

I think that the ideal 'opponent' for the Strategic Alliance would be a Treaty-Agreement-Defence-type thingy, as democracies tend not to fully ally themselves without good reasons like bombs landing on their flowers.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 07:50 AM

Jo Buchwalder, CEO of Latao's largest bank, the 'Credit Latao', said in the 'Finance Week' about Xile "These commies, steal the money from their own people - this is what i call larceny."
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 07:56 AM

"Any other business?" Asked Lord Starblayde.

"Just this, my Lord," Juan Bruntos spoke up, the Minister for Finance, "Some weirdo in Latao has labelled Xile, of all places, as Communist."

"Communist?" Tiberius frowned. "They're a Captialist Paradise, for crying out loud, even the UN says so."

"I know, my Lord, maybe the Latao people don't know much about politics."

"Well ,they actually have politics," Tiberius joked, "they can't know anything about politics if they actually engage in it."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 08:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Communists..." the President coughed out while trying to stiffle a giggle. He was still laying in the bed with his illness, and couldn't think too clearly.

"I say we just take over the Regional Council! That'll teach those name calling...hmm...what's the word." he snorted out above his fever.

Herring was more than puzzled by this comment and was forced to speak out of place. "Sir, we already have control of the Regional Council. We sent in a special forces team weeks ago, as you requested!"

"YOU DID WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?" the President croacked out while launching up in his bed like a rocket.

On top of another coughing fit he got rather dizzy, and decided he must lay down. "So we've got people accusing allies of being communist, just because the government knows how to spend their money better than they do. Now my moron administration goes and tries to start an international incident. In the name of Lavinsky I hope I get better soon." he thought to himself.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 08:44 AM

Latao adept Freddy Stevens says, that it's the mind that makes the difference. Most Latins look at the state itself as something 'social' - it's a truly pain in the ass for them, being forced to develiver their hard-earned money to these administrative moloch, that doesnt do much smart things with their bucks.

"Why should I stand up every damn morning, work my ass off day by day when some functionary comes and takes my money away just to support some riffraff that's afraid of hard work ?" - "Taxes dont form a social society, either one is social and lives that way of live or he's not" he adds. "You can't force people to be social, nor u can't force them to help" - "just leave the people's money so they can help themselves"

Old Freddy doesn't see a general problem at all "there might be a few radical exponents with more or less weird sights at things" he accomplishes. "These people may even take seats in Latao's government or important corporations, but they dont represent the entire society".

I personally do agree, that low tax duties are the key to successfull financial polities and personal freedom. A random passanger on the street nods and adds "see, the Latins aren't less patriotic than people in other nations, we're actually better in many things that these great powers who didn't archive more than a giant number of debts! No! The people of Latao love their country, but they do not adore the state's huge administration"

Suddenly a crazy girl becomes part of the show and yells "The problem with the Latins is, that they are selfish! They wanna drive their fat cars thru whole Oceania but care a -explicitive removed- about others"
Thanks God, this phreak ran away as fast she came - so we dont have to comment this. It's our god damn right to drive our BMWs Mercedes-Benzes, I mean WE WORK! Why should I feel bad about that ? "When I need new spares or support for my car, *I* generate work and trade!"
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 08:56 AM

"You know, Vi," Tiberius said as he changed channels, "these Latins really confuse me."

"Why's that?" She asked, sliding up to him on the couch.

"They don't pay any taxes," he said, "yet they seem to feel their hard-earned latinums go into a massive government machine. We have nearly seven times the amount to spend that their government does.

"Low taxes may give more personal freedoms, but they don't allow the state to provide anything for its people. We spend nearly as much on Healthcare as their entire budget. I just... don't get it."

"There are some odd people in the world, Tiberius," Viannor replied, wrapping her arm across him, "and we meet more of them every day."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 09:47 AM

Financial auditor and 'McKinsey Latao' Boss Osswald sees the problem in the increasing public burocracy.

Mr. Osswald, do you think, the Confederacy is beeing subjugated by left-ideology ?

I wouldnt actually say 'left ideoligy' - it's the damn paper tigers that wrap all tasks into miles of red tape.

What do you mean exactly ?

Our democratic state instutions defined by our constitution have worked since centuries. We have clear seperation of powers, especially an executive and a leglislate, that's OK - even that our parliament is kinda large, especially on local levels.
The base problem i see, is that we have too many departments and offices, that want to regulate and define each crap. It's a wonder that there isn't a state office of toiler paper that tells people how to clean their aaa and a chief of that office who takes another 500.000 Latinums salary per year.

So the Solution is less Sate ?
Yes, we clearly need to tighten our administration. Just look at the mountain of debts these insane have created in less than 20 years! Where should that end ? Someone has to pay that one time - our children.

How can we exactly 'tighten our administration' ?
We can save money in areas such as culture and public services. Why should the state provide the people with 'services' that are rarely used ? The few doodles that need a public train at 3am in 300 people village shall buy a car - where's the problem ? It just dont make sence. If you want a service, buy it on your own - this way you pay exactly the things you need, nothing more, nothing less.
Another point is the engagements in foreign countries, that's the job of the UN and the AO regional council. We should simply tell these people, that we have to save and we can't all the sums they want from us. Period.
We must spend our money here, that's where we live, that's our environment we're in, here are our problems, not in Starbladyia, not in Vilita. This also means, that we must to tighten our network of embassies. What do we need an expensive embassy with diplomatic personnel in every banana republic for ? Have you ever noticed what these diplomatic babblers earn ? This chore costs us millions of Latinums every year.

Foreign voices say, Latao is a good place to live in already, especially since we do not have to pay any taxes...

Taxes are immoral. How would you explain them ? What does the state actually do for us that legitimiate talking people's money away ? The Confederacy have different sources of money than the pockets of the small man. Just look at the gorgeous win our federal bank archived again this year.

Thank you Mr Osswald.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 10:16 AM

"I sure would hate to be sick, or unemployed if I lived in Latao," Tiberius said, "or even disabled. They don't spend anything on their unfortunates, what if you don't have enough money to pay for things the government can't provide?"

"Will you shut up and put that report down?" Viannor snapped at him. "And turn the light off, I need to get some sleep."

"Sorry, babe."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 10:29 AM

"Take the woman the damn report away" yells the guy from the neighbour room in the hotel "this is not god damn Latao here"
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 10:40 AM

"See what you've done now?" Viannor said, rolling over and taking more of the cover than was really necessary, "You've offended whatever Ambassador, Business Tycoon or Gangster is in the next room. I told you we should use your official residence."

"But," Tiberius began, realising he'd already lost the arguement, "Okay."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 10:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

(ooc: where the hell are you guys getting these GDP and trade surplus figures!? and how do you determine your nation's currency strength? the last calculator i saw was much more deficient than that!)
oh, wait, found it. I own ya'll in trade surplus: The Holy Saints ($2.60 trillion)
... somehow lamoni manages to spend 15% of his GDP on defence but gets more than my 48 percent. and his economy is imploded, but he has a 300 some trillion dollar GDP... glitch i say! glitch!

THS-
Administration: $0.00 0%
Social Welfare: $3,903,430,774,320.00 4%
Healthcare: $0.00 0%
Education: $11,710,292,322,960.00 12%
Religion & Spirituality: $13,662,007,710,120.00 14%
Defence: $46,841,169,291,840.01 48%
Law & Order: $11,710,292,322,960.00 12%
Commerce: $3,903,430,774,320.00 4%
Public Transport: $2,927,573,080,740.00 3%
The Environment: $2,927,573,080,740.00 3%
Social Equality: $0.00 0%

As for admin... no wonder my corruption puts me at #2...

This post has been edited by Holy Saints on Mar 10 2005, 10:57 PM
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 11 2005, 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Holy Saints @ Mar 10 2005, 10:47 PM)
... somehow lamoni manages to spend 15% of his GDP on defence but gets more than my 48 percent. and his economy is imploded, but he has a 300 some trillion dollar GDP... glitch i say! glitch!

Um, No?

Lamoni has 4.6 Billion people, all paying every single piece of money they earn towards the state, pretty much. This gives him $370 Billion to play with.

The Holy Saints has 4.2 Billion people, doing exactly the same thing with tzexs. This give THS $114 Trillion to play with, thanks to a 'Frightening', rather than 'Imploded' Economy. OK?

CODE

Starblaydi Social Welfare Spending:  $827,616,156,766.88 (2% of Budget)
Lamonian Gross Domestic Product:     $348,146,564,356.09

So they may be the land of the Free, but they're the home of the poor, too.

EDIT: Oh, and just to show I'm not gloating at Lamoni's economy:

CODE
THS Defence Spending:                $46,841,169,291,840.01 (48% of Budget)
Starblaydi Gross Domestic Product:   $60,178,757,498,334.48

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Mar 11 2005, 04:46 AM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 12 2005, 12:30 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Mar 11 2005, 09:43 AM)

Um, No?

Lamoni has 4.6 Billion people, all paying every single piece of money they earn towards the state, pretty much. This gives him $370 Billion to play with.

The Holy Saints has 4.2 Billion people, doing exactly the same thing with tzexs. This give THS $114 Trillion to play with, thanks to a 'Frightening', rather than 'Imploded' Economy. OK?

oh crap, i saw 3 extra zeros... no sleep i say, none at all!
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 13 2005, 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Holy Saints @ Mar 12 2005, 12:30 AM)
oh crap, i saw 3 extra zeros... no sleep i say, none at all!

Thousands, Millions, Billions, Trillions... um... Crap-loads!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0231 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->