Start new topic
This Wont Last...
Posted: Jun 2 2004, 06:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

I came to this region, upon invitation, with the intention to take part in some enjoyable roleplaying. So far, it hasnt happened. What was my will to cooperate and participate, you quickly turned into vindictiveness from me.

I was later accused of acting out of pure spite with Cyrtilakere and other nations' expansion plans, but while some of you cant maintain your rp, this is a very common political strategy. It is to show that you're much better off with me as your ally than an angry customer.

It took about a week for Soul Expression to get a very small land extension while other map adjustments were being made without any hesitation. All that because 1 region didn't bother reading my post correctly and Vilita making an even bigger case about it. Then, I get Xile wanting to take the exact land I had planned for Bullet Wounds, in fact brought Bullet Wounds to AO for that reason. Now, when I want to defend the land that I requested, still pending map adgustment, I get a pm from Holy Saints threatening to crush me in war.

Well you know what? I didnt come here for that and I dont see things getting better as such behavior isnt going to bring out the honey-coated part of me and I have yet to see anything that would make me want to make even more efforts to cooperate.

Actually, not quite. I would direct you all to look to Lieno, Stralphi and Dartace as proper examples of apreciable behavior.

Now, this is where you prove me wrong or confirm what Im saying...
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 07:22 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Stralphi's posts are quick and incincere, and Dartaces are a bit unorganized and lacking direction. Lieno is a quality poster. Stralphi will get better with age, happy 14th bud, Dartace, who knows.

The main issue here SE, is that Bullet Wounds is just not fitting with the region, It doesnt fit with flag legislation, it isn't in Stars and The name does not fit with the flow of the region. If you were to bring a more "realistic" colony in that fit the rest of the region better, Your request for it to gain land would go much smoother. Now Xile has done a good job RPing the move so far, although I encourage you to further questioning him. I ask you to look at the relation between nation size and puppet size (THS > AM; Vilita > Turori; Crys > Diamin) while writing up your formal request for expansion. Now even though Xile is probably going to be granted all the land east of SE for NOW; I am the one that makes the map, and if you get a better fitting colony in there, and RP it ( yes you can cut out the bullet wounds one and expand on it ) There will be space for it in some regard. I assure you that it is not ONLY the Xilan Relocation that is hindering your request for land.

On other note, did you receive the kit for the football team?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 07:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Jun 2 2004, 07:22 PM)
Stralphi's posts are quick and insincere, and Dartaces are a bit unorganized and lacking direction. Lieno is a quality poster. Stralphi will get better with age, happy 14th bud, Dartace, who knows.

The main issue here SE, is that Bullet Wounds is just not fitting with the region, It doesnt fit with flag legislation, it isn't in Stars and The name does not fit with the flow of the region. If you were to bring a more "realistic" colony in that fit the rest of the region better, Your request for it to gain land would go much smoother. Now Xile has done a good job RPing the move so far, although I encourage you to further questioning him. I ask you to look at the relation between nation size and puppet size (THS > AM; Vilita > Turori; Crys > Diamin) while writing up your formal request for expansion. Now even though Xile is probably going to be granted all the land east of SE for NOW; I am the one that makes the map, and if you get a better fitting colony in there, and RP it ( yes you can cut out the bullet wounds one and expand on it ) There will be space for it in some regard. I assure you that it is not ONLY the Xilan Relocation that is hindering your request for land.

Well, my quickness and insincerity may have something to do with being a bit... nervous... I should be less nervous when older...

I think that SE was referring to my, Dartace's, and Lieno's not questioning him and being "nice". I was flattered by him.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 09:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Jun 2 2004, 07:22 PM)
Stralphi's posts are quick and incincere, and Dartaces are a bit unorganized and lacking direction. Lieno is a quality poster. Stralphi will get better with age, happy 14th bud, Dartace, who knows.

Why do you now insult the people I commended?

So, now its that my banner and nation name arent good enough? They weren't too inadequate to be accepted here until now. Why mention it just now, at this particular moment? Its not the nation that flows with the region, its the person running it.

You also dont like the way my nation was born and that its not realistic enough for rp. Although I didn't intend to emulate it, Israel gained independance in almost exactly the same manner. The nation had no leaders or government whatsover. Everyone took up arms and they fought for the land they know own, led by a few military minds that coordinated the people. Would it have been better if I hade initiated a holocaust 1st for Bullet Wounds' birth to be more acceptable?

Game Master rule #1:

Don't direct, let the players act

Also, the quality of a request or an action initiated by a player isnt evaluated by how long or well worded their post is but the intention and plans behind it.

Role playing isnt about words or artwork. Its about intention and need. Many great minds were poor orators as many great talkers were only talk.

At a time when everyone is preaching for a quiet down period of restructuring, there are all these actions initiated that do nothing but aggravate. How else dd you think Id react when its decided that another will take over the region I had chosen.

Funny how you delayed the insertion of BW and come up with these new excuses at this particular moment, in defense of Xile.

I can only apologise for being naturaly controversial and abrasif, its the way I am. I cooperate fully with those that desire it and will be a staunch ally but, I have discovered that there is no use insisting with those that choose to hang themselves.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 10:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well...that's interesting. However, this is not the first time your puppet's name has been brought up(we do occasionally talk about NS on AIM). Also, I may agree that a nation can come together and fight for a homeland, and if that's what you wish to do, so be it. I would suggest getting a little more support than you currently have, and definately before boldly declaring "war" on Xile. I don't see how you consider this a smart move, unless you are purposely trying to get smashed into the ground to RP your exit from the region. You can do as you wish, but we will forever call you Tachbe Jr. if you give up that easily.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 11:17 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Soul Expression @ Jun 2 2004, 10:26 PM)

So, now its that my banner and nation name arent good enough? They weren't too inadequate to be accepted here until now. Why mention it just now, at this particular moment? Its not the nation that flows with the region, its the person running it.

They never were accepted. It asked for land it was told to work for it, it was told to move to stars and it was told that it had a bad flag. If a nation can overcome those things it's shanty name could be overlooked; However up to this point it hasn't overcome those things, and as Abattoir suggested we have been talking about that exact thing a lot recently but were hoping it settled itself out, which it hasnt smile.gif

How else dd you think Id react when its decided that another will take over the region I had chosen.

When you posted your request on the map thread some week ago or something I replied and informed you that you would not be entitled to any land with a puppet without a suitable RP to go with it... I also mentioned that puppets belong in 'Stars' as it says in National Discussion.... However a week later No Response or RP was posted on the matter, so as far as land allocation is concerned, Xile's proposal was approved first and Rp'ed first, so by all means he should be entitled to it?

Anyway, you didnt answer my question about the kit
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 11:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

I think Stralphi said it best with...

I think that SE was referring to my, Dartace's, and Lieno's not questioning him and being "nice". I was flattered by him.

You approve of these nation's actions because they do not oppose you. Any opposition against any of your actions is, in your view, an assault upon your character.

I can only apologise for being naturaly controversial and abrasif, its the way I am. I cooperate fully with those that desire it and will be a staunch ally

So you cooperate with people who bow down to your every whim? Seems like a great way to approach diplomacy for someone who loves a good RP? Your controversial and abrasive attitude are two qualities that bring nations against you in this forum. Do you see ANY of us attacking those nations you commended? No. Is this a good thing? Sometimes. You want to be warm and welcoming to a point, but you have to know how to protect your own interests, which is a line many of us have yet to cross.

You are VERY good at attempting to protect your interests, but are a little burnt out on the 'welcoming' part. Any opposition to your opinions are an act of mindless hostility. This is not the case. Don't simply go on the defensive and whine about unfairness when things don't go your way. You have to work through them. Some of us may be having a good run, but it is mainly because we know when to act, and how to protect our interests and those of our allies.

My assistance of Novus Atlantica in the South Cove wars is an example of this. He was very outnumbered and I helped give him a fighting chance. We now have a strong alliance, and it shows. Where have you stepped up to help another nation? Your trading bloc thing? That helps you most of all probably.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 12:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

You keep wanting to tag me as Tachbe for reacting to opposition. the point is, why the opposition in the 1st place.

Anyways you can call me Tachbe or whatever you want, as well as all the others you will have succeeded in chasing away.

Congrats
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 12:17 AM
PMEmail Poster

I wasn't part of those im's was I? No, so your coversations between you are relevant how?? ill tell you how, deciding between the lot of you what you will do and let the others deal with it as they may. My guess is it will always inevitably end up the same way.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 06:14 AM
PMEmail Poster

well, start a new rp for your puppet. problem solved. And also, Xile, why did you have to choose exactly that plot of land? the land that it on the right side of my nation is just as good.
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 07:02 AM
PMEmail Poster

I had wanted that tract of land for its central location, as well as other reasons, but I suppose I can take the land to east of THS and north of Lieno just to stop this hostility.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0244 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->