Start new topic
95X AOCAF 52 Host Bid
Posted: Dec 6 2016, 06:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

NOTE: This is NOT a signup thread! As of this posting we're waiting on that!
95X AOCAF 52 Host Bid
Winner of the 22nd and 47th editions. Participant since the 18th edition, and continuously since the 33rd edition.

Scorinator and RP Bonus
We propose using xkoranate 0.3.3, SQIS settings, multiplicative style modifiers between +5/-5, with no home advantage. A third-party scorinator would be found for any 95X games after the Group Stage.

Current AOCAF ranks will be used, and RP Bonus will be cumulatively added to the team skill, based on quality vs. quantity. Posting a roster in time for the matchday one cutoff may give one an advantage later on (keep reading!). RPs related to the tournament may receive a higher bonus than RPs with no clear linkage to the competition.

Format
Signups
Absent of any other regional regulations, we propose open signups to nations that are members of Atlantian Oceania at the time signups formally open, nations that have participated in previous editions and rejoin the region with intent to remain, and a narrow exception for any nation that has not previously participated in NS Sports and shows significant dedication to the region (such as posting detailed information about their nation and position in the region and/or involved in a current regional RP) on a space available basis. A limit of one main nation and one puppet nation per RL NS user, with puppets accepted in the order of sign-up on a space available basis.

Forum
The NS Sports subforum will be used for the "Everything" thread that will house the schedule, rosters, RPs, and results.

Matchdays/Cutoff
To allow generous time for participation, matchdays will be scheduled every other RL day; i.e., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Cutoff would occur between 4-6 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), which is also 00:00-02:00 UTC.

Format
Group Stage consisting of 4 nations each, single round-robin. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw. The nations with the best records advance to the single-elimination knockout stages, with exact numbers based on the number of groups. A third-place match will be played.

A Round of 16 will be held with a minimum of 20 nations (including puppets).

Should signups close with a number that isn't a multiple of four, we propose cutting space-available signups as necessary.

Tiebreakers
1. Head-to-head result;
2. Paperwork submitted in a timely fashion (OOC: Was a roster posted before the MD 1 Cutoff?);
3. Overall Goal Differential;
4. Higher overall Goals For;
5. Video conference call with one representative from each team for a best-of-one Rock-Paper-Scissors (OOC: RP total bonus).

Venues
The entire tournament would take place in 95X, at venues including but not limited to Cascadia Bank Stadium (100,000), Cascade Dome, the Lucky Businessperson Stadium in Pacific City (75,000), Oceanside Stadium II (40,000).

95X thanks you in advance for your consideration and appreciates any questions.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 7 2016, 09:26 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

I only have one question.

I hope you can figure it out wink.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 9 2016, 06:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Dec 7 2016, 09:26 AM)
I only have one question.

I hope you can figure it out wink.gif

(begin sarcasm) Yes, and it'll be followed by a round of 14, leading to a seven-team group stage, a grudge match round and eventually the tournament finals. (end sarcasm)

*clears throat*

That slipped through proofreading. It should be 20 total signups for a Round of 16. As there are 21 signups as of this reply, yes I'll hold a Round of 16 with 16 nations.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 12 2016, 11:58 AM
PMEmail Poster

With host voting currently taking place, I'm releasing a draft tournament schedule. Please note, it's based on results of the regional poll question that suggested the AOCAF take place now (https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=74256) and 24 signups (there's currently 22 valid signups; one will not meet the criteria discussed in my bid). This schedule is also contingent on ranks being released in a timely manner.

Around 12-15: tournament thread posted on NS Sports forum.
12-19: MD 1
12-21: MD 2
12-23: MD 3

12-26: R16
12-28: Quarterfinals
12-30: Semifinals
1-1: Final, 3rd Place
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0162 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]