Start new topic
Galactica OOC Thread
Posted: Oct 4 2006, 10:40 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Don't worry, Delesa, you should see TLC's military stats.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 10:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

good, cause i wont lie i was scared for a minute....
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 10:50 PM

TLC supposedly has double my population, with double Star's defense budget.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

oh well that eases my pain You got me laughing on that one!
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

wow i hate that censor, make me sound weird no more h-a-h-a
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

Chacor will try its best to stay uninvolved, given the current internal political upheaval within the country. Of course, should you choose to attack, I'd be more than willing to send forces from LE in to help their former colony. tongue.gif

Chacor will play a "Switzerland" as far as possible, here, please.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

Oooo... Does that mean we can base our Spys in Switz... I mean Chacor?
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

As stated many times already, the United Isles of Myrtannia is very likely to remain neutral for this war. I don't particularly care for military/war RPs so much, as 1) Myrtannia's military is a Defense Force, intended only for self-defense and use against immediate threats to UIM national security and 2) I'm bad at it. Pretty bad. Plus, I'm not all that partial to it period. Anyway, for the sake of interest, here are the United Isles' military numbers, just for the sake of... whatever. This is based on the idea that 0.8% of the population serves in the regular, active-duty military. Reservists/National Guard-style troops are not included.

Total Active-Duty Troops: 11, 168,000 approximately.
Myrtannia Defense Force (MDF; ground forces): 5,000,000
Myrtannian Air Force (MAF): 1,000,000
United Isles Navy (UIN): 4,000,000
United Isles Commandoes (UICs; Special Forces): 1,168,000
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, given that there are actually Starblaydi bases in Chacor (more correctly, in Djacor-Rysonia), I'm not sure you'd want to do so Baz tongue.gif
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:30 PM
PMEmail Poster

ohmy.gif tongue.gif
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2006, 11:31 PM

Even Star has to find and catch the spies first, Chacor.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 5 2006, 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Footballia @ Oct 5 2006, 12:29 AM)
About 4 million pilots (I'm starting to think that's waaaaaaay too high, can anybody chip in on that?)

I had trouble with my air force figures as well, so i just kept turning down the figures of %age of military in the airforce and then the logistics percentage of the air force itself, and i still ended up with many thousands of planes and 900,000 pilots - which is still massive, and hugely hugely expensive.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 5 2006, 06:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

In that case, note to self to lower even farther mine, which currently rests at just under 10% of the military and about 870000 pilots. Still don't know what planes I have, so I don't know how many either.
Footballia
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Oct 5 2006, 11:39 AM

I've done some calculating, and it looks like Khazaron's armed forces will have a little over 44 million people in it. That's before dividing it up between the military, navy and air force. Not to mention their's still the matter of distributing the budget of 8.799 trillion.

Anyway, just so things don't get crazy with my military numbers or budget: Any of the veterans out there want to give me a hint as to at what point should I consider the numbers of a particular branch to be excessive? I realize we're dealing with some massive numbers already, but taking that into account, what would be a reasonable number and what would be not be.

To give you and idea of what Khazaron's breakdown is: We place the highest priority on special forces (and unofficially above that is the elite Crimson Guard), then the military, then the navy as a close third, and dead last is the air force. Hope these ramblings make sense and thanks for any help youc an give.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 5 2006, 11:54 AM

Placing your emphasis on Special Forces is one thing, but you can't make super-soliders out of couch potatoes. The reason why the S.A.S. are so elite isn't just because of the extra-cool training and equipment they get, it's because the entry requirements are so high insofar as physical toughness, mental agility, weapon accuracy and such that the pass rate for the entry test is less than 10%.

Which leads to a simple and therefore widely inaccurate progress that you won't ever get more than 10% of your forces in Spec Ops unless your entry requirements are "ok, you can walk, you're in!". But bear in mind it's 10% of people who actually try to enter, which won't be everyone.

If you have a larger percentage of your mlitary in Special Forces, they're likely to be not as elite, well-equipped and trained as other nations.

Starblaydia's figure of 10% also takes into account people such as parts of the Inquisition and Lord-Protectors protection detail, and the logistical arm takes up 90% of the Spec Ops total, so even with 8 million people in it, only 800,000 Special Forces soliders are actually wandering around, compared to 22 Million regulars.

*deep breath*

For a second idea, think of it objectively once you arrive at some figures. If your main rival and opponent came out with the numbers you've ended up with, would you cry "holy -explicitive removed- that's unfair!" at them?
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0174 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->