Start new topic
Changes in the wind
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 12:07 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: Just a little effort on my part to stretch my RPing muscles after being gone for awhile. Feel free to respond if you like. The most information that would probably be available outside of the Patriarch's office is that the current climate in the dominion was slowly turning towards one of xenophobia.

With the war between Starblaydia and the Strategic Defense League over things finally seemed to returning to a non-hectic pace at the office of the Patriarch. Khara had returned from his stint with the KEF over in Lowland Clans, and while they still maintained some men in the area to help out with security, the majority of them had begun to return home to some well deserved rest. Khara himself was back in the palace hoping to finally get a little rest when a knock came on the door to his office. It was his Minister of Internal Affairs, Laurence Amar. He motioned for him to take the seat opposite of him at his desk.

“Yes, what is it Laurence?” Khara said as he toke a relaxing sip from a tall glass of water.

“Well you highness, as you know elections are coming up soon and…” Khara raised his hand and cut off the minister mid-sentence.

“Cut to the chase Laurence. I’ve got to much on my plate to wade through needless fluff better left to news broadcasts.”

The minister nodded. “Our current polls show that public opinion of foreign relations, in light of the recent war against Starblaydia, have taken a nose dive. To put it bluntly highness: we expect the Nationalists to win the majority of seats in the Assembly in the upcoming election and possibly even take the First Archonship.”

Khara leaned forward on his desk, folding his hands and concentrating on an area of his desk that lay just in front of the minister. “I’m going to venture a guess that their platform is going to be one of isolationism?”

The minister nodded. “It’s expected that they will present this as being a platform of extreme caution. They will make a big show of them favoring protecting the lives of Khazaronians over those of foreigners and that the recent war cost us to many domins, negatively effecting our economy.” Khara continued to listen, his facial expression becoming one of intense thought as his minister continued.

“What we thought might interest you the most out of this is that one of their major issues is for the dominion to withdraw from the Strategic Defense League.”

Khara’s glance shot straight up. “What? How can they rationalize such a thing? It was because of the SDL that the entire region wasn’t overrun by that mad bitch Viannor.”

“They will probably play the SDL as too high a risk for us and that by it’s nature, it places to many Khazaronian lives in the firing line.”

Khara let out a groan. “Fine. Is that it?”

“Yes, unless you wanted to go over the new eco…” Khara raised his hand yet again.

“I’m sure you and your people can take care of that for me. I need to think this new development over.”

The minister bowed slightly as he got up from his chair, leaving the Patriarch to sit there and ponder this new turn of events.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Nov 29 2007, 09:40 PM

President Stinson was busy going over the efforts of the Free Republic in extra regional foreign affairs when an aide came to tell him of the worrying trends coming from Khazaron.

After pondering on the matter for a while, he picked up the phone and dialed Patriarch Khara.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 29 2007, 10:02 PM

The sun was starting to set in Archon City and Khara always found himself enjoying the view of it from his office window. Quite breathtaking it was, and any other day it would have him in quite the relaxed mood, but with the recent news he'd been given about the upcoming elections, he was tense all over. Sitting there with a glass partially filled with rum cradled in his right hand, he stirred a little when he heard the phone ring.

Incoming Call: Lamoni

Khara placed the glass of rum down on his desk and picked up the phone. "Mr. President, to what do I owe this honor?" Khara said the sentence in such a way that it sounded like he half-knew what was going to be said next.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Nov 30 2007, 02:49 AM

"Patriarch Khara, a pleasure as alway. We have been hearing disturbing rumors that your nationalist party might come to power and attempt to sever your relationship with the SDL, at the least. Is there something that we can do to help?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 30 2007, 11:56 PM

"I'm afraid not Mr. President. Outside help would more than likely antagonize the Nationalists further. I appreciate the offer, but it seems that for the time being we will just have to watch and see how things develop. It's not so much the Nationalists taking power in the Assembly that worries me, as what their taking power would represent.

The National Assembly effectively has no more power than what I allow, but even autocrats such as myself cannot ignore the will of the people for to long. The Assembly I can bypass by edict, but the people..." Khara trailed off for a moment.

"That will be a far trickier bush to prune."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 2 2007, 03:12 PM

"I if could be so bold, I would suggest that you gather together the other parties in Khazaron, and do something to pre-empt the Nationalists. What that would be, I wouldn't be so bold to suggest."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0180 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->