Start new topic
Regional Map :: 3.2
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:19 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Whittoria @ Mar 4 2012, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (Vilita @ Mar 4 2012, 10:31 AM)
Well most of the land Whittoria is requesting was the Crystlkere land

We should TG Sarzonia on the matter though, or simply award Whittoria the former Crystlkere land and not intrude on the Sarzonia land?

What portion was Sarzonia's? And has he left AO?

Sarzonia hasn't left but they have 'vanished'

Basically, the land you requested was previously the land of Sarzonia AND Crtslkere

So probably its still a bit big. Here is the map from before they were removed:

http://www.thirdgeek.com/maps/ao/2005/12/10/
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 05:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

With the amount of empty space on the map these days and the number of nations who come asking for inserting their premade map onto the base regional map, I don't see a reason to block a thoughtful request for a portion of some of the larger unclaimed plats.
Specifically:
  • Whittoria seems to have a large military, all that equipment has to be housed and serviced somewhere, while the troops and civilian employees need somewhere to live. Military's a fairly land-extensive use unlike other organizations.
  • The original former Schiavonia has been empty for RL years. IMHO there's no reason I'd have an IC or OOC reason against Vettrera's claim.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

Like 95X, I also have no objection to Whittoria taking what they offered, if not the entirety of 9, or even 12 instead. Calania is getting kind of empty, after all...

As for Sarzonia, you said the key word there, Vil, they "vanished". They don't exist in the real (er, NS-real) world. Their myth and history survives, but that's all that does, unless the decision is to turn Sarzonia into a Bermuda Triangle-like area, or let Tiberius use up any un-used godrods that Starblaydia has floating in orbit.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:19 PM

I don't have any objection to giving Whittoria or Vettrera exactly what they've asked for.

I'm just saying, should Sarzonia have a change of heart, there might be discussions to be had between them and Whittoria smile.gif

Nevertheless, the other half of Whittoria's claim I would expect to be completely uncontested as it has been empty for quite some time.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

I agree with 95X and Legal on this one.

Vettrera’s claim should be granted as that space has been open for quite some time.

Whittoria’s claim should be granted, though it may be a bit big and need trimmed down. If CH does choose to cut down the size of the claim, former occupants should not factor in the decision.

The land below Sarzonia was more recently Delaclava. However both of them chose to leave with Sarzonia going as far as to attempt to erase himself from history.

The fact that CH did not mark former Sarzonia as “reserved” as he has done with Sorthern Northland says he agrees with me at least a bit.

IF and when Sarz chooses to make a return he will have to figure out his place on the map, just as I had to do when I came back to find 95X had moved north to my former home.

The size of Whitt’s claim could be an issue, but that is for CH and others to decide. If former occupants wanted the space, they would still be there.

This post has been edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on Mar 4 2012, 07:23 PM
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

Audioslavia would like to claim the small island with the hole in it at the top of Section 5 as its Atlantian Oceanian home.

The bulk of Audioslavia is still an unspeakably vast, irradiated desert somewhere in the northern hemisphere, with only two population centres housing about 200,000 people in all (down from 13 billion all those years ago).

Audioslavia are using this tiny island - with its arrid soil, poorly oxygenated lake, bland flora and faunae and small, ugly, bored looking animals - as a place to put its new football stadium, with our reasons being we can't very well expect foreign football teams to trek for a day in a jeep, bounding accross miles of desert with only the click of a geiger counter for comfort, on their way for what should be a routine football
game.

Here is a small diagram of our claim:
user posted image

This post has been edited by Audioslavia on Mar 4 2012, 07:36 PM
Audioslavia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Legalese @ Mar 5 2012, 12:13 AM)
[...] or let Tiberius use up any un-used godrods that Starblaydia has floating in orbit.

I remember those! I wonder if they still work...
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 10:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

Did I make my military that big? I haven't updated my factbook in maybe a year or so before my land claim. I should mention that the land I'm claiming in AO is a new territory for Whittoria, as I'd like to keep my original continent that it grew into originally (which is located outside of AO).

I'd have no problem taking Crystlkere's former lands and leaving Sarzonia's previous lands as they are, or even having a smaller area. As long as I touch some coast and reach to some plains and mountains I'm totally down.

Edit: That number of total troops enlisted I'm going to edit to reflect total personnel, active and reserves.

This post has been edited by Whittoria on Mar 4 2012, 10:35 PM
Whittoria
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'll also add to ASMV's examples with one of my own - Star and TLC took over my land during one of my absences, which is how I ended up with half the mainland I used to have, so if Sarz does decide to return, he can go wherever there's space ;-)

On a side note, I'm glad to see the area 5 archipelago filling up. Good to have neighbours again...
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:34 PM

Don't forget, *some* re-drawing of land is allowed if the proper RP accompanies it. Sea levels can rise/fall, man made projects can come along etc. - Thats how we ended up with landmass 5 and 10 to begin with. And 17 - well I have no idea how that happened tongue.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:56 PM

Still no takers for #19? I get lonely sometimes.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:57 PM

Theres a new nation kicking around one of the other regions called "Falconfar"

You should get them to come be your neighbor tongue.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:59 PM

Fledgling nation Falconfar federates not far from Falcania. I can see the headlines now.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 5 2012, 12:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ Mar 5 2012, 12:59 AM)
Fledgling nation Falconfar federates not far from Falcania. I can see the headlines now.

I believe that the proper term here is "hilarity ensues".

On an actual comment though, however: I would like to see landmasses on the map filled before we build new landmasses for new nations, especially considering the amount of land now available. Back in the earlier days, when the landmasses were fuller, it was cool, but now that many of them (like Calania) have huge gaps, we should try to fill those first, IMO.

This post has been edited by Legalese on Mar 5 2012, 12:42 AM
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 5 2012, 12:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

The newly-founded Confederation of Common States officially petitions the powers that be to allow the new alliance, and more specifically the Draco-Falcani part of that alliance, to hold dominion over the stretch of land that runs the length of Sorthern Northland’s Eastern border from north to south. This stretch of land should be 32 km wide (19.88 Miles) and fall completely under the jurisdiction of the CCS.

Recent events on and around this border of Sorthern Northland have left the CCS in serious doubt as to that beleaguered nation’s safety and sanctity when it comes to defending itself from unknown outside forces.

OOC - regardless of the area being granted or not, I will probably RP in and around the area in order to continue storylines that began in the rescue operations thread. The IC request is just to base RP from no matter what the decision is.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (10) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0203 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->