Start new topic
Wight And Catastrophe
Posted: Jul 2 2012, 02:15 AM
PMEmail Poster

Following the discussion in the map thread, it seems as if an general “UNnatural” catastrophe would open up some RP avenues for those of us willing to participate such as ASMV, Legalese, Falcania, Starblaydia. And with this potentially affecting 95X, Septentionia, Hutt River, Ipeland, D&S, Zarbli, Thatius, Vettrera, Audioslavia, Cosumar, we would have some solid Rpers that would be involved in one way or another.

The arrival of Wight in AO inadvertently has set off a chain of Seismic and Volcanic disasters that change the face of Northeastern AO.

As for what would possibly happen to begin things…

Zone A would be hit by a catastrophic force that rends the island know as #11 into pieces and see Wight emerge at its center. Heavy volcanic and seismic activity would reshape the large isalnd almost completely.

Zone B would suffer possibly heavy damage from seismic activity in the form of tsunami and aftershock. Volcanic fallout could also become a major concern in the closer islands of Hutt River and a couple of other places

Zone C would see moderate damage from seismic and Tsunami activity. Several unclaimed islands disappear. Low-lying areas flood.

Zone D would suffer minor damage. Small quakes. Etc. low area flooding

Zone E would see minimal damage. Felling a slight shake or such might be the entire effect. Very low level areas, such as the Gull Islands of D&S might have some slight flooding.

If this is something we want to do, lets get to some great regional RP!

user posted image
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 04:08 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Big fan. I'm already planning my opening overtures.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 09:00 AM

Ouch, looks like I'll be taking the brunt of this (in the form of my Aquiliana island) along with Hutt River, Oli and Audio.

I don't think there are any major Starblaydi cities that'll be hit in Zone B, but C will have some intense flooding in some major areas.

Thank god for enormous military infrastructure, that's what I say biggrin.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 11:29 AM

You see that island, just off the coast of Starblaydia?

Good place for a humanitarian relief outpost.

I think the 4th Skymarine task force would be a good bet. You know, for peacekeeping and such.

That'll rile up Johnny Rawrcrush.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 03:53 PM

Seeing as this effects me and my puppet (Hutt River) in quite a big way, I am very in favour of this. Should be interesting to RP.
Ipeland
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 3 2012, 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Falcania @ Jul 2 2012, 05:29 PM)
You see that island, just off the coast of Starblaydia?

The one in Zone B? Interesting selection, what with your fleet of floating sky carriers, Ahh, a good laugh.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 3 2012, 05:07 PM

I guess you could put a godrod through it.

Oh man, it'll be like old times.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 3 2012, 07:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

It's not like me to make a big entrance, so apologies for smashing the place up a bit. I'm RPing the supernatural aspect of this in the CoH thread at the moment, anyone welcome to join in - coming up: the Isreali Aparthied Client-State will gazump Wight for Plot 2, and Ronny Tolkien will get his fireworks out to make a new place, but make a complete hash of it. Hence the damage.

My thanks to ASMV for accommodating me, and a grand job on the map.
Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 4 2012, 04:50 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Hwhat's the matter, shabear?"

"I felt a mighty trembling in the Force..."

rolleyes.gif
The Bear Islands
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 8 2012, 06:21 AM
PMEmail Poster

From my Cup of Harmony RP:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.ph...30074#p10030074
Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 8 2012, 05:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

Perfect, looking forward to the start. Figure that the Zone C bit is just enough to cause some concern on the Karins, especially the northern bit (basically, a big military reservation), as well as D's force being just enough shaking to drop a condemned building down in Francis City - possibly taking out a nice luxury vehicle used to chauffeur a successful lawyer, perhaps. Wight knows which one wink.gif
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 9 2012, 03:51 AM

Can I just say that I absolutely adore how Ronny & Malcolm bringing Wight to AO is mirroring the Silmarillion creation story itself. Brilliant.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 9 2012, 08:14 AM

My first IC reaction (or preview, perhaps) is by one of my Quidditch team players in this post.

I'll use the DBC to RP the regular response to the destruction - would even make a cool arc for the whole tournament, too.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 9 2012, 09:25 AM

Not trying to hijack your idea/thread of course, Wight, but I figure this might be the way to get some mass-participation going on the forum: I think this might work.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 9 2012, 12:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'll probably do something for it once AOCAF starts, though I am out of the impact zone
The Icemark
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0171 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->