Start new topic
OOC: Second Melatian Civil War
Posted: Aug 30 2012, 05:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

I've realized I want to go in a different direction with my nation, so I am having a civil war. The main thing is that in the end the rebels will win. Besides for that though, it's open for RP.

If anyone wants to join in, just post below. I think I may do it on NS forums though.
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 05:27 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

If there's one thing I love more than a war, it's intervening in someone else's civil war.

We have plenty of Falcanian mercenaries who you may wish to hire. Obelisk Kinetic Strategies have enough PMC power to fight a decent-sized war on their own. Interested?
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 06:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Possibly. I'm still figuring out how exactly I am planning to do it
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 07:08 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Well, I'd have a lot of fun helping out. Let me know if you'd like my help on one or both sides of the conflict. Or, indeed, out of character, if there's any guidance you're looking for. Drop me a TG.

This post has been edited by Falcania on Aug 30 2012, 07:11 PM
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 08:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

Alright thank you
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 10:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

What exactly are the rebels fighting for? What's their ideology, or their aim? How about the standing government?
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 11:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

Port Hawthorne has only one private military corporation in operation since it's existed when it was established as a trade port for the British East India Company. It's called Hawthorne International. They're more likely to conduct training gurrilea tactics. They could also have private intelligence and security operations to and can conduct clandestine operations unknown to the Port Hawthorne government. It's ran by Lukas Krajicek.

Port Hawthorne could also probably send a battalion or a regiment of peacekeeping forces for observational purposes, etc. Think UN blue helmetesque.

Port Hawthorne
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 06:17 AM
PMEmail Poster

The rebels are fighting for democracy, the government is fighting to keep the Emperor in place

@PH: However you want to be involved is awesome
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 1 2012, 06:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

I would like to submit myself for approval that I RP from the perspectives of Sar. Gideal and his loalist staff of five soldiers, and from the RPing perspective of John Sannings, a frightened witness of the war and a newly turned member of the resistance, who leads his three sons who are all aged around the ages of 20. My plan for this is that Sargent Gideal and his unit witness an act of the rebellion that is so horrible it devotes them to the loyalist cause, and John Sannings and his sons were coming home when they witnessed their home explode. The Sargent wins a battle or two and advances towards the rebellion stronghold. Meanwhile, Mr. Sannings and his sons enlist in the rebellion, and are some-what trained. Then, the two meet when the Sargent attacks to rebel base, and when the rebels begin to turn the tide, the main military carpet bombs the place, and the rebels and what is left of the Sargent's unit see that they are left for dead, and they unite and form a shetler, in this shelter, they discuss both sides from the war, then they both agree that they must abandon their respective causes, because the Sargent finds out there is nothing to return to, so they flee to a nieghboring country, and they buy houses as nieghbors. Fifteen years later, they co-write a book that sells millions as they describe the story of the war. Is that alright?
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 1 2012, 06:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'm pretty sure Hawthorne International (PMC) could play both sides with different mission parameters while the Port Hawthorne military could be requested to observe by both parties or something by those lines. Maybe eventually fall under attack by splinter groups from either or. Maybe even both.
Port Hawthorne
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0209 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->