Start new topic
Passing Idea
Posted: Mar 20 2004, 01:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

It will help in no material way but may give a sence of community, how about a common currency unit, not a common currency as taht would require merging of ecconomys which we are unable to do but how about a unit designation. Like how you have the British pound, Cyrpus pound, Eygption pound, Francs, Kroner etc. We have a common unit so, lets say the Alanti just for examples sake you would have the Vilitan Alanti and the Tachbian Alanti and so on. How does that sound? Of couse it wouldn't be mandartory or helpful but it would create a nice community thought. Ah just ignore this if you think it stupid and pointless, if not, any ideas for names?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 20 2004, 02:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

ts kind of nice but Mk is always changing its currency so we really wouldnt mind.
although some other nations might feel that they are losing their national identity but...
We're ok with it in MK (but what is gonna be called we need something original but imaginative if we're gonna have a kind of "singular"type currency) ph34r.gif
Mitsune Konno
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 20 2004, 02:24 PM
PMUsers Website

I think Zapherli would do quite fine even with that type of money. Zapherli's still a poor little country, so it might do well, or it may not. But, I still think this is a good idea.
Zapherli
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 22 2004, 11:27 AM
PMEmail Poster

Anybody else have some comment on this?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 22 2004, 01:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

yea im all for it. seems like a good idea
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 23 2004, 06:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

I think it would be fun to change from the groomble. In all honesty a groomble a russian pastry of some sort, I think. I remember it from reading the Unveiling by Havel
Tilan
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

YahooTop

Posted: Mar 24 2004, 08:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

My currency shows my real life political affiliation which is something I hold dear. Okay, so it doesn't show directly, but where is the fun coming out about it?
I don't like the idea of changing it. Just our selfish little take here in Nemya.
Nemya
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 10:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

Could always be a variation of it, a mix of name. Or put two in, thats what I did once, have a dual currency. Like Bobian pound/Nibbi
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 11:28 AM
PMEmail Poster

fair point, but we'd have to find something we all agreed upon, otherwise there would b upset among some nations. but then again, you cant please everyone
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 26 2004, 03:31 AM
PMEmail Poster

I think the idea is good and so far generally accepted. If some nations are strictly opposed, they can ignore or implement it as they see fit.

We should then decide on a name I would say?

Alanti is one proposition - I am interested in the background of the name? Just spur of the moment or more? I do like it, to be sure.

I also propose Benefactor. It is the currency we use in Phoenixus, it doesn't have a ringy name, but it does stand for the fact, that the purpose of currency, product or any kind of service is to benefit both the supplier and demander. Sort of like Credits, but unlike credits, which seem financially-based Benefactor is more service-based. Plus it can be combined with any name with no problems.

Cheers,
Phoenixus HQ
Phoenixus HQ
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 26 2004, 11:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

yea, Benefactor sounds good.
however, im sure someone will object, seeing as it is ur current currency, and not something new. might seem like ur taking over or summat. i dunno, just an idea.
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 31 2004, 05:14 AM
PMEmail Poster

Agreed...

However, I thought it would be fair and square to explain why I like it and use it. On the other hand, if nations adopt Benefactor it really doesn't mean I have acquired any kind of power, appart from feeling good my idea was taken seriously. And that always feels good smile.gif

Tnx for the opinion.

Phoenixus HQ
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 31 2004, 02:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

yea, thats true
its just that some ppl might b wierd and possesive. i dunno, its just theres no point in offending ppl. not that it really seems like it will offend ppl, come to think of it.
how about a second opinion?
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 31 2004, 04:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

I quite agree. One rule I try to follow is to behave on the forums and the net generally as I would behave in any other public place. As a matter of principle.

Well since this thread started off as Tachbe's "just an idea" I won't worry about ppl getting offended just yet smile.gif

Gimme a second, third opinion, I love 'em.

Phoenixus HQ
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 1 2004, 11:05 AM
PMEmail Poster

true,true
fair point. i talk rubbish sometimes. ppl should stop me sooner.
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0193 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->