Start new topic
Suggestions wlecome
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 02:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC Info
Hosting Experience
Has hosted the some what successful West Guiana Softball Invites, that ended with the second edition which included 19 teams. WG's hosted the Professional Football League Season 0, the league "folded" afterward due to lack of interest for a second season.

Scorination
The scorinator that will be used is old some what reliable xkorinate, though fully understanding the problems with it come lacrosse producing more baseball like scores, it is still one of the best public scorinator for lacrosse. Scorination will include like WLC XIII the AWR-Rankings.
The style modifier will be set at -3/+3.

RP Bonus
With involving the AWR-ranking system, Rping will play a major role like it should be. In the last lacrosse championship is was noted and very evident of the utter lack of rping (my self included). So to encourage more rping i'm taking a page out of Saugeais and Earthores' bid to host the Cup of Harmony. If you don't rp you'll be docked rp points, to be specific, only .2 points.
QUOTE ("Osarius";p="8297388")

While I like the idea behind it, I have a problem with the proposed decrease of RP bonus for inactivity. Don't you think its a bit unfair to penalise nations for inaction, while also rewarding action?

My answer no. It makes the tournament fair in every way, you sign-up to have fun role-playing, not to let your position in the ranking system to do all the work while you sit back and watch.
Rp bonuses will be graded on a scale of -0.2 to 2.5. Even though my own Rps don't have the best quality and size, I have high standards for Rps. Grading will be judged on size, quality and correct grammar*. (*Will be excused if English is not your first language.) Rps will be judged daily, rp daily get reworded. If it is not a game day you you don't rp, you will not lose rp points, only if it's a game day.

Format
How many teams are signed-up will truly depend on the correct design of the tournament, Puppeteering will be allowed to get the right number. The magic number i'll be aiming for is 32.
Now unlike past lacrosse championships which everyone upon they sign-up is in the tournament, my format will be like the World Cup of course a much smaller size. There would be 32 teams, separated into eight groups of four in which will be played a triple round robin. Those first nine games will be played in your home stadiums. The top two teams of each group will advance onto the World Lacrosse Championships XIV for a total of 16 teams to which will be seeded accordingly in four groups of four, which games will be played in West Guiana. Only a single round robin will be played with the top two teams of each group advancing onto the knock-out round(seeded accordingly; single game elimination).
If less than 32 teams are signed up, the World Lacrosse Championship will be played as it always has.
Group alignments if less than 32
[table][tr][td]No. Teams[/td][td]Groups[/td][td]Teams per-group[/td][td]Games plyd[/td][td]Round-Robin[/td][td]Teams advance[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28[/td][td]4[/td][td]7[/td][td]12[/td][td]Double[/td][td]Top 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24[/td][td]6[/td][td]4[/td][td]9[/td][td]Triple[/td][td]top 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]18[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]10[/td][td]Double[/td][td]Top two, plus two wildcards[/td][/tr][/table]

Scores Posted
If 32 teams sign up, there will be three days off before actual games are scorinated, which this will allow plenty of time for rosters and rps to be posted. Scores will be posted every day for the first nine games, estimated Rp cutoff time would be between 3 and 4 pm Central Standard Time, USA.
The official WLC XIV thread will be posted around 3-4 pm CST.
After the first nine games for qualifying, there will be a one day break ICly to get your teams to West Guiana, OOCly to allow time for posting of rps and if needed roster changes (Modifiers can be changed). After the one day break scores will be posted everyday till the final. Estimated time to consume out of your lives 20 days. (Thus if not the longest WLC tournament).
RP Bounus of course will not be reset.
Q&A
[spoiler]Q: Will you lack of hosting experience of large tournaments cause minor issues if you're chosen to host?
A: No, I fully understand my previous hosting experience is rather small compared to past hosts. However though the plans i've outlined and overall format for the tournament will allow me to host the thirteenth World Lacrosse Championships with little to no distributions.
Q: You've noted that in the past xkorinate has had problems when properly scorinating for lacrosse, would you be willing to switch to another scorinator?
A: If there is enough time for me to properly work with a new scorinator that comes up with more lacrosse like scores, then yes, if not no.
Q: Do you actually believe that it's fair to dock rp points for not rping?
A: Once again yes. After WLC 13 ended Civil Citizenry, noted that is was quite sad(disgusting) that it barely scraped three pages, with many very well known role-players participating in the tournament.
Q: If some one TG's you that they might be gone during the tournament, will you still dock them points.
A: That is a very tough question, when playing on the internet it is hard to tell if that person is serious or joking to get off easy. However though yes, points will still be docked. In sports when there is something big coming up everyone doesn't stop play because your busy with something else in RL, sorry, but tough luck.
Q: Why do you want to change something that isn't broken, for the format?
A: Simple I like trying out new ideas, and see if they work. I like my format for the World Lacrosse Championships because it looks easier and more simple. What this also does it separates out the better teams and Rpers, from the lesser ones. really the 16 team format for the actual tournament pits the best against the best and maybe a few upsets.
Q: Why allow for three days for rosters and rps to be posted?
A: In past tournaments everyone had about two days to get everything posted, and even with that amount of time not everyone was able to get them posted. This time there will be a three day period to get everything posted.
Q: Why allow for style modifiers to be changed?
A: The start of the actual World Lacrosse Championships is a whole new tournament, everything is a clean slate except your rp bonuses.[/spoiler]

IC Information

Nation of West Guiana
Officially, The United Federal States of West Guiana, is a massive nation who's population is estimated around 550 million. The nation founded in 1932, is classified as a Federal Constitutional Republic which holds civil rights and religious freedoms very highly. The national head of state is President David Samuels whom assumed office on January 16, 2011 after the impeachment of former president Beverly Humppington.
The total amount of GDP spent on welfare, healthcare and public services is estimated around 5%, of a GDP of 17.8 trillion. The total amount of money spent on military is only 2.1%.
NATIONAL CAPITAL: Gemsbrook (pop: 3.9 million)
CURRENCY: WG Dollar 1WG = $1.17
LAND AREA: 15.9 million sq miles
ACTUAL POPULATION: 448,967,234,034

Sports
West Guiana's un-official national sport is football(American) which is watched by tens of millions each week during the fall and winter. The primer football league in the nation is the United Football League, which is made up of sixteen teams, separated into two conferences. The latest UFL champion is the Gemsbrook Tigers winning their fifth national title.
From 1967 till 2009 the National Lacrosse League was the second largest professional sports league in the nation, until the National Soccer League captured the top spot, in mid 2009. In late 2010 the NLL folded, the last league champion was the St. Johns Action, winning their first title.
How ever after the nations great showing in their first World Lacrosse Championships appearance WLC XII, a group of billionaires invested WG2.8 billion to re-found the NLL. Currently the NLL has 18 teams and last season over 57.3 million people tuned in to watch the NLL Championship, to which the Gemsbrook Wild defeated the George Hamsters 17-13.

Internationally the West Guiana National teams have fared well, placing third in the last World Lacrosse Championships and ranked fifth in the world, tied at 51 in the world in (American) football after a 5-7 showing in World Bowl XVI. The University of Port Salem Anchors have done very well in the Nation States College Football series, winning the Mineral Conference title in NSCF III and NSCF IV. They have advanced only to lose in the quarter-finals both times. The only dark spot is when it comes to soccer, the WG National Soccer Team, participated in the Qualifying for World Cup 56 only to get that far ending in group stage with a 4-2-8 record, again in World Cup 58 Qualifying they too didn't fare well.

Stadiums
For the National Lacrosse Championships XIV (once again pending # of teams) games will be played at the following stadiums.
[spoiler=Jefferson Memorial Stadium]Built in 1929, Jefferson Memorial Stadium was at the time the third largest stadium in the nation.
Capacity: 23,400
user posted image[/spoiler][spoiler=Bucknell Field]Built: 1982
Cap: 29,600
user posted image[/spoiler][spoiler=Loveland Field]National stadium of the West Guiana National Lacrosse Team
Built: 2001 (remolded: 2012)
Cap: 52,300
user posted image[/spoiler][spoiler=Anton Park]Built: 2010
Cap: 47,400
user posted image[/spoiler]
West Guiana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0161 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->