Start new topic
Legal Manuvers
Posted: Nov 12 2007, 06:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: This thread will be used by myself to establish my land claims for both Scathland and Legalese. For now, I ask that it remain closed, unless you have some sort of observation that won't affect the story. At some point in this, I may eventually open it up a little.

Thank you and enjoy

IC:

Port Dien, Fmr. Legalese

The Reign of Terror was finally over. The Starblaydi Army, using the former Legalese as a starting point for the war on The Allied States, had finally drawn themselves back into their border. The Legalites were once again free, with both sides withdrawing out of the proverbial “No Man’s Land” the nation had become. Once again, life could continue, in theory.

However, if you asked the people of this now war-torn nation, you’d know nothing of that. Across the country, people were devastated. Not even the breakdown of the Federal government in Legalese had caused them trouble; the city-states served effectively as usual, keeping order. It took thousands of police-like milita, not to mention the Bitch-Protector’s KERES agents. Just the mention of their name was enough to make a man cringe.

And so, the people did the only thing they could possibly do to escape the horror: flee.

The ships sat at what used to be Port Dien, waiting to finish loading for the trip across Lake Bekk. The first crews had gone during the war, using a Red Cross flag as their guise. Fortunately, most of the battle was taking place along the Crystilakere Channel, rendering the need for such a banner useless. They found land past the Allied States, an area that looked like it had not been touched in years.

Robert observed it all from the deck of his ship, Abnoba. She was a sturdy one, and ready to take a slew of Legalites to their new home. He took a look at his map, depicting the area:

user posted image

Their landing point would be a day or two away by boat, with likely another day by land, depending on where they were headed.

His thoughts were disturbed by another voice, male in origin. “May I join you, Captain?” it said.

The Captain looked, to see the young-ish face of one of his passengers. “Come on up, lad. What’s your name again?”

“Wood, sir. Arcturus Wood, though everyone calls me Archie. Mind if I have a smoke?”

The Captain smiled. “Only if you’ll give me one as well, Archie.”

They stood there in silence for some time, observing the goings on below.

“So, Archie,” said the Captain after some time, “Where do you plan on going in our new land?”

“Well, me and the missus are going to try our luck in Cambria, that old city they’ve decided to call Porthsca. She’s a teacher, so that seems like the best way to ply her trade, after being underground for so long. Damn Starblaydis.”

“Aye to that” replied the Captain. “My neighbor learned the hard way, trying to tussle with one of the Mauve Five-Os. He had the guy dead to rights, when in comes one of the harpies from hell, breaking his arm like a twig. They took him away, and, well…”

His voice trailed off, not wanting to even think about what probably happened to him. Such unpleasantries were why, even with the war over, it was time to leave this land.

“Anyways, Archie, it’s all behind us now. We’ve a new land, and a new place for people like you and the missus to have a good life.”

~~~~~ Sagdineo, The Legal Republic, The Allied States. Five Years Later ~~~~~

It was a dark and stormy morning, and the streets seemed quiet. A little too quiet, thought Sally, as she pulled into the parking garage. Awaiting her at the gate was the guard, as usual.

“Good morning, Miss Jenkins” he said, as Sally leaned over the center console and into her bag for her credentials, careful to hide anything, er, revealing from the guardsman; she had caught him taking a peek the week before.

“Morning, Oliver” she said, smiling.

You damn perv, she thought.

“Seems quiet this morning” she continued.

“That’d be true, ma’am. Any idea why?”

“Not a clue. These Clanish types have their odd holidays; maybe I forgot about one.”

The gate opened, and Sally pulled away, quickly finding a spot on the first level. Normally she’d park on level three. She shivered as she left her car.

It was a cold day, and something about it just didn’t feel right.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0164 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->