Start new topic
Xile Becomes a Dicatorship
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 12:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

President Lauir declared today that 40% of the population must remain in the armed services of the nation. This goes hand-in-hand with a previous resolution in which military service was compulsory, and reached this goal by extending mandatory service time.

Citizens of the nation were not shocked by the revelation, and media outlets have not been allowed to air interviews with former Senators. Now that his approval rating could not drop below 40%, President Lauir is guaranteed a life-long seat as ruler of the nation.

No longer having to worry about elections, he used his nearly absoulte power to dissolve the Senate and postpone future elections indefinately.

Too caught up in the war at the moment, the nation has not yet begun to reflect on these new changes. Military, police, civil sevants, and education employees all made up the number of 40%.

This post has been edited by Xile on Feb 10 2005, 01:10 PM
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 01:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"So," Lord-Protector Tiberius Starblayde muted the news feed coming through SCB:News direct from Xile, "old Adonis has finally joined the ranks of the Autocrats."

"Looks like I owe you a coke, my Lord," Foreign Minister Chisoko said.

"That you do, Isaac," Tiberius said, smiling, "that you do. Plus, you need to go on a diplomatic mission for me."

"To Xile?"

"Am I that predictable, Isaac?"

"I just had a feeling, my Lord," Isaac said, "I do attend the Council meetings, remember?"

"Indeed."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 01:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

President Tariskany had been enjoying the benefits of his post for quite some time now. His posistion of President of the nation and his party went well hand in hand. With complete control of the military his posistion was very...very secure.

As he looked through the monstorous pile of notifications on his desk, one caught his eye.

"So that's what constitutes as a dictator? Well, I guess I'm aboard for that one. Send Lauir a message congratulating him on his political security."

He paused in reflection for a moment and joked, "If I'm a dictator, what did that make Lavinsky? A god?"
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 07:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

*Flips on the news*
*streamer: Xile is a Dictatorship! 40% of the population in the military!*
'Uh, call intel. Can they even support that amount of troops!? HOGSWASH I SAY!'
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 07:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

(No, Xile couldn't support that many active duty troops. That was why government employees, teachers, and reserve were included in this number.)
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 09:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Abattoir @ Feb 11 2005, 12:43 AM)
(No, Xile couldn't support that many active duty troops. That was why government employees, teachers, and reserve were included in this number.)

(i still say hogswash!)
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 09:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Send the President a message Pvblicola."

"Certainly Imperator, what do you wish to tell him?"

"Tell him I send my congratulations and that it's so much easier to get things done when you don't have elections or quabbling senators who are at your throat every second because they disagree with the very air you breathe!"

The Praetor smiled, entered the text into his 'pad and sent the message.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 11 2005, 12:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Rather be washed in hogs than molten lead.

Thank's for clearing that up Abattoir.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0192 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->