Start new topic
New UN Delegate Needed...
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 06:20 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Nations of Atlantian Oceania,

With the resignation of Mrs Anisah Hopkins from Bettia as our Regional Delegate to the UN, fresh elections for the United Nations Delegate have been called, using the precedent of the last three Delegate selection processes, elections will take place on the forums, rather than simple endorsement-snagging.

Any and all UN-member nations of Atlantian Oceania may put forward a candidate for U.N. Delegate and soon the entire region will vote on the names put forward. Candidates may be question on their stances, beliefs and former actions, but one will emerge victorious.

Please announce your candidates in this thread. Then you should create a thread in this forum detailing the reasons why the region should select you. A region-wide poll will then begin and the winner selected.

Thankyou and good luck to all.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 31 2006, 08:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

Chancellor Kalvin Robinson was sitting at his desk, when a knock interrupted his paperwork. "Come in", said the Legalite Chief Executive to the sound at the door.

A staffer entered. "Mr. Chancellor, we've just received word from the United Nations. Apparently the delegate from Bettia will be resigning her post as the regional delegate."

Robinson paused for a moment, then thanked the staffer, who left the office. With the thought in mind, he reached for the phone, pressing the speaker button. He was about to speak, when he heard the voice of his secretary on the line, rather than the dial tone.

"Mr. Chancellor, Speaker Wilson is on the line. Shall I patch him through?"

Ignoring the oddity of the moment, Kalvin said, "Yes, put him through please." After a moment's pause, he said, "Hello Jim, what's going on?"

On the other end of the line, James Wilson smiled. He had known Kalvin for a long time, both being former mayors of nearby cities, and as such, considered him one of the only few people to call him Jim. "Kalvin, I assume you've heard the news?"

"Of course. Such a shame, she's been a good delegate for the region."

"I agree. that said, isn't it a good point that one good delegate should follow another?"

Kalvin now had to smile, seeing that both him and Wilson were on the same wavelength. "The thought had occurred to me. any suggestions?"

"I think our current delegate to the UN can handle the responsibilities, actually. She's done well to voice our views, and considering our hope to become the preminent neutral nation in the region, it'd be a logical move."

"Well, in that case, Vanessa it is. Will there be any trouble in the Legislature?"

"I doubt it, Chancellor. First of all, since there'd be no change of position, we don't even need to consider it. On that, I think you'll still see a resolution of support."

"Thank you, Jim. And good day." Chancellor Robinson hung up the line, before reconnecting to his secretary.

Hours later, a release was printed:

CODE

---FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE---

LEGALESE OFFERS UN DELEGATE FOR REGIONAL DELEGACY

Iudica, Legalese- On behalf of the government of the Legal Federation of Legalese, Chancellor Kalvin Robinson offers Legalese UN Delegate Vanessa Cappaverde as a candidate for the regional delegacy.  More information on Ms. Cappaverde shall be made available at a later date.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Feb 2 2006, 02:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

Not to sound like I'm trying to head off opposition here or anything, but can we get a deadline on this? If nobody else wants it, I'd like to get the transition done quickly, so that I can get up the next resolution.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Feb 5 2006, 01:13 PM

In the abscence of any other candidates, I would suggest everyone starts endorsing Legal as the new delegate.

Good luck in your new job L!
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Feb 5 2006, 07:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

Thank you Bettia. I'll start with the next resolution, then, if it appears to be settled.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Feb 5 2006, 10:17 PM

It is.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic