PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Please post your RPs here.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 28 2009, 03:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

It was a weekday evening like any other. Well, maybe slightly duller than most. And in their flat above a bookmaker’s in downtown Rasium flatmates Gary and Steve had given up on finding something worthwhile to do and instead settled for a night in front of the box.

“No. No. No. Is there anything on at all tonight?”, said Gary flicking through some of the 207 channels that made up their semi deluxe satellite package.

“Wait.”, said Steve, leafing through the TV guide, “here’s something. There’s an AOCAF preview show on Hypersport 2.”

Gary tapped in the number, “sounds good to me. I reckon this could be the year we get trophy number three. Ugh, adverts.”

“Tired of slaving away over that hot stove?  Want a night free from the cooking?  Then Rahim’s Bettian Bistro is just what you ne . . .”

Whoooosh . . .

user posted image

“Look into the spiral.  Look into the spiral.  Don’t look around the spiral.  Ok, you’re under.”

“You like the AOCAF don’t you?  And you’ve missed it, haven’t you?”

“Of course you have.”

“They're some of your favourite memories aren't they?  When the mighty Autocracy lifted that trophy at AOCAF XI.  And at AOCAF XX.  And at AOCAF XXII.”

“That's right.  I said AOCAF XXII.  You remember AOCAF XXII don't you?  When the Hyppos lifted the trophy for the third time.  Of course you do.  You were there.  You went all the way to . . . um . . . to . . . Dammit!"

"Dave?  Dave where was it?”

“What?”

“The tournament we’re banging on about, where was it?”

“Oh, Lamoni I think.  No wait, Bazalonia, definitely Bazalonia.”

“Really?  You know I took Cheryl and the kids to Bazalonia last year.  Weather was alright but the locals, surly bunch and no mistake.  Not as bad as them Lamonians mind.  Did I ever tell you abo . . .”

“Um, Barry, you might want to focus.”

“What? Oh yeah.  Yes, you went all the way to Bazalonia and cheered our boys onto the final.  You remember?  Against that rabble from 95X?  Of course you do.  What a night that was.  8 – 0.  There's never been a bigger win in the final.”

“Of course you remember.  You remember that Del Toro hattrick.  And that screamer from Black.  Of course you do.  What a night.  A triumphant night.  AOCAF champions again.  Championship number 3.  All those conjoined twins crying.  A glorious night.”

“A night when the Autocracy absolutely, positively, definitely, emphatically, categorically did NOT lose to 95X.  You got that?”

“And you should also email your name and full bank details to this addr . . .”

“Barry.”

Fine.  Ignore that last part.  But the rest still stands.”

Whoooosh . . .

user posted image

Click.

user posted image

“That’s Rahim’s Bettian Bistro.  There’s no better Bettian outside of Bettia.”

“You know?”, said Steve, “I could really go for a Bettian right now.”

Gary nodded, “Me too. Ooh look, an AOCAF preview show. I reckon this could be the year we get trophy number four.”

"You reckon?"

"Of course I do."

This post has been edited by Hypocria on Mar 28 2009, 04:04 PM
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 29 2009, 09:12 PM

user posted image

INTERNATIONAL EDITION - SPORT - PAGE C1

NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM TO SPORT NEW NICKNAME FOR REGIONAL CUP

WINSTON - Arguments raged for hours at the House of Debate yesterday as a session dominated by football fans and players decided the national football team’s official nickname. WP 328R4 eventually passed by consensus of registered attendees, as required for Worker Proposals. Pending Constitutional review, essentially a formality in this case, the national team will officially be nicknamed the Rainbow Warriors in anticipation of Atlantan Oceanian Cup of Association Football XXVI, World Cup XLVI and Baptism of Fire XXXIII. The two tournaments represent the national team’s first foray into competitive international football, although Norwellian World Football Association president Agotha Kárpáthy is expected to invite a handful of other football newcomers to Oceanview for friendly matches leading up to the Baptism of Fire. Norwellia recently participated in its first international sporting competition,sending a ragtag team of amateurs affectionately and unofficially nicknamed “The Motley Crew” to Kura-Pelland for Rugby League World Cup III. Here in the capital, President Watanabe is expected to officially endorse the proposition in his State of the Nation speech tomorrow night.

Durdenheim F.C. midfielder and national selection favorite Mia Frost, the proponent of the failed Revision 3 (WP 328R3), responded by immediately filing WP 335, proposing to allow future Worker Proposals to pass by a 70% vote. A standard preliminary review of the proposition’s legality is scheduled to take place in open court in July at District Court 3, 200 Owen Street, Winston. The judicial review will begin with a reading of the proposal and an opening statement by Colleague Frost, followed by an hour of public debate, moderated by Judge Stefan Berg. The judge will then hear an optional rebuttal by Frost and/or an Attorney Delegate sent by the President. According to the Courier’s policy law consultants, who say there is nothing controversial about the filing itself, Judge Berg is expected to rule in favor of allowing debate on the proposal and to set a date within the day.

Life immediately outside of the Capitol District ticked on as usual, although business seemed to slow down all over the country as footballers and their fans left their collectives and homes to argue the question at the nation’s soapbox. The tone of the debate was especially reverent to the nation’s footballers from the get-go, when Debate Referendum I passed with a simple majority, giving the professional football players in attendance 1.25 votes each for the purpose of voting on the Proposal itself. This was purely symbolic, but could have some significance as precedent if WP 335 passes. In a recent phone interview, Colleague Frost promised to propose a law against allotting disproportionate numbers of votes to specific subsets of the population, should that happen. She expressed gratitude for the symbolic gesture, but added that it could have dangerous consequences for Norwellian democracy in the future. The Amendment’s slim margin of victory, just three percentage points, belied the popularity of her sentiment; the question remains, however, whether it can reach consensus among a significant coalition of her colleagues.

The original proposition suggested the nickname “Housecats”, after the national animal, but this was voted down thanks to the belief that domestic animals were not considered appropriately fierce for symbolizing a competitive sports team. Revision 1, suggested by local football fan John Machia, proposed “Lions”, which failed to pass after Merseault Strangers supporter Paul James reminded his colleagues that lions were not native to Norwellia. Alain Vermeeren, the Engels F.C. forward and domestic league goal scoring leader, advanced Revision 2, nominating “Warriors” in memory of those fallen in the revolution that led to Norwellian statehood. Opponents to this measure claimed that war was a painful memory for Norwellians of a certain age. Colleague Vermeeren, an immigrant from Achtervolging and another favorite for national team selection thanks to the NWFA’s lax nationality requirements, was eventually convinced to withdraw his suggestion in deference to the fans present who would remember the war, apologizing for any offense he may have caused.

Colleague Frost’s Revision 3 suggested “Rainbows”, referring to the rainbow of our national flag and the International Collective Association, representing the seven core values of the collectives; WP 328R3 failed despite the support of a 73% majority, based on opposition leader and Bookchin supporter Saskia Lauritsen’s argument that it was “a little gay”. Colleague Lauritsen added, “Come on, people, we already have a rainbow flag. Let’s not push it.” Revision 3 was the most popular of the four failed suggestions, but even some LGBT colleagues agreed that calling our national team “the Rainbows” was a bit too much. Others argued that the name could stoke the flames of anti-LGBT violence in other countries. In the end, after much heated debate, the two factions agreed to compromise by unanimously voting for “Rainbow Warriors”, amid suggestions that the word “Rainbow” brightened the bloody imagery of “Warriors” and that “Warriors” strengthened the image of “Rainbow”.

The team is expected to name a manager soon and will select its players shortly thereafter.
Norwellia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 30 2009, 11:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

One AOCAF tournament after his older brother went three and out, Kevin Wilson would try his hand with a completely different Sarzonian national team.

The one-time senior national team assistant felt squeezed out when 83-year-old Franz Braddock brought over his two assistant coaches, but new Incorporated Football Federation Chairman Brian Wilson quickly re-established a second-choice Stars national team for AOCAF play.

That move gave Kevin a managerial role and allowed the Sarzonian pipeline to once again be fully stocked with players. Braddock could then concentrate on the top talent in Sarzonia, while Wilson could work on buttressing its depth.

"I wanted the senior job," Kevin Wilson told reporter Travis West upon accepting the managerial position for the second choice Stars. "But this is absolutely fine. It gives us a chance to compete at a high level with strong teams whether they're in the World Cup or not."

Kevin Wilson said he wanted to establish a Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy sub-tournament for Atlantian Oceania and said he would send invitations to defending AOCAF champions Pacitalia, longtime allies Fidelia, and longtime football nemesis and MSMT organising nation Starblaydia to engage in a four-team mini-tournament [OOC: I wouldn't mind if Star scorinated all the matches in such a tourney if he wouldn't mind doing so].

"The tournament has done wonders for providing our senior teams an opportunity to play high-level sides," Kevin Wilson said. "And the cause [cancer research] is one that resonates with our people." The trophy was named after late Sarzonian president Mike Sarzo, who succumbed Dec. 1, 2007 to a severe case of testicular cancer which metastasised.

"The tournament recognises a great president," Kevin Wilson said. "It's a gesture we greatly appreciate from our former SAAS rivals."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 31 2009, 01:03 AM

Hawks make ready for AOCAF 26

Has it really been four years already? Time flies when you are having fun.

During the send off festivities, the Lamonian band ST*NED (OOC: Based off of Dethklok http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dethklok ) played live music as the aircraft taking the Lamonians to Starblaydia went into the wild blue yonder.

With the ending of the AOWar, the old SDL/SAAS and Lamoni/Starblaydia rivalries had rapidly faded away, fueled by an era of hope for the future. However, the two nations had largely not reached out to each other to this point. There were plenty who hoped that this would change with the Starblaydi centennial celebration for the AOCAF. The Lamonian version of this would be in the next AOCAF after all, and there were plans to include some Starblaydi officials in it, for good measure.

On board the aircraft, the Lamonian team would be one of the least demanding groups that the stewardesses would have the pleasure of serving. They were too busy brushing up on known Starblaydi customs. It wouldn't do to offend their hosts, after all.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 1 2009, 09:51 AM
PMEmail Poster

NATION FINALLY TO APPEAR IN AOCAF

For all too long the nation of West Pocono has pretty much kept to itself. There have been a few ventures out into the open, such as their appearance in the Summer Games in the Capitalizt States. They also showed up in World Baseball Classic 8, one of the World Bowls, and the second World Lacrosse Championships, so the nation isn’t a complete rookie to this, even though they did rather poorly in those competitions. This is not officially West Pocono’s debut in the AOCAF tournament, as a group of unnamed and unappreciated individuals participated in the 23rd version with no one in the country bothering to notice. Bazalonia, Hypocria, and Milchama all made quick work of whoever they were that played for us. Whether or not the team has better fortunes this time around is up for debate, and our athletes will certainly be underdogs. At least this time we know who they are, and this time, the nation will be watching.

Jamie McKenna of The Rockport Herald wrote in a column that, “This will be the start of West Pocono making it’s presence known in the region. The time has come, and we hope that it will lead to bigger and better things for us. Eventually, maybe, we will be in the World Cup, but first it is about taking baby steps. We will do that here, as our athletes head to Starblaydia to play for their country. It won’t be about points or wins. It will be about honor. And for all of you that may have watched this team’s performances in AOCAF 23, I expect that you will see far greater energy and passion from your team. They might not win. They might not register a single point. But they will make you proud to be Poconi.

The Rockport Herald is also running a contest to determine the nickname of the team. One fan amongst those who may have suggested the winning nickname will win an all-expense paid trip to Starblaydia for themselves and three friends to see all of West Pocono’s games as well as the championship game, which will obviously not involve us. Some suggestions have been: Sharks, Killer Ducks, Jets, and Flames. But the winner may not be any of them.
West Pocono
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2009, 01:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

Three Arrows to compete in AOCAF 26

The Three Arrows will participate in AOCAF 26. The team will be playing under management by Peter Jough, who's been recently hired by the national football association to lead the team to victory. The team's players thinks that this may be his year. 'I think that we will be successfull, although we'll have to fight for it with very powerful teams such as Starblaydia and Pacitalia' said Thomas Gardner.
Edward City
Inexperienced
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Apr 2 2009, 08:06 PM
PMEmail Poster

And so... another edition... another chance for the androids to prove their meddle...

"What's with this non-sense!" Koryatsky suddenly yelled from his office window. The people standing below took the opportunity to snap quick pictures of their President sticking his head out of a window, but he just as quickly pulled his head back inside. Kowak was there to meet him inside.

"You called this meeting?"

"Yes!" Koryatsky said, ramming a newspaper in Kowak's face. "Some district somewhere in West Allemenschen elected a SLANI purple-stinging nellie as the representative for their district! And now I've got to deal with a SLANI purple-stinging nellie in my government!"

"Actually, I'm the Prime Minister. It's my government."

"Yeah... well, it's my state. And it's ridiculous! They hardly have the rights to exist as real things!"

"It's in our Constitution. 'Purple-stinging nellies shall be considered equal as humans', Article X, Section 93. Can't argue with the Constitution."

Koryatsky gazed at the old document. "Since when did we have a Constitution?"

"It's been there for ages! Anyway, it's the people's right to vote for whom or whatever they please. And besides that, purple-stinging nellies are excellent administrators."

"Right... prove that one to me."

"They built Southern Allemenschen from scratch. They started up the schools and taught people to speak, read, and write at national fluency levels. They also built our latest football stadium, all on their own time!"

"That's just random luck. And besides that, I'm not asking them to keep that damned stadium on our property. It's a monstrosity."

Kowak tried to reason with the man, but it was going to no real good use. He held up the newspaper that was somewhat violently handed to him. "Hey, there's an article here about the Androids going out to play in the AOCAF!"

"Good. At least those nellies won't be bothering us."

"Well, they're starting a cheese parade now," Kowak clarified, showing the article pictures of cheese smothering the androids and innocent nearby civilians.

"Collateral! They're attacking innocent people!"

Kowak nodded. "Yes, well, they're using cheese. I think cheese is a universally accepted method of non-violence protest..."

Koryatsky flipped up a medical tag, reading 'lactose intolerant'. "If I get a goop of cheese, I'll get an allergic reaction and die."

Kowak nodded, a little troubled. "Actually, lactose intolerance is not an allergy. Dairy allergy is the actual allergy."

Koryatsky shushed Kowak. "If they want to play rough, then so be it! But let them know the consequences too..."

This post has been edited by Allemenschen on Apr 2 2009, 08:08 PM
Allemenschen
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooTop

Posted: Apr 3 2009, 05:52 AM
PMEmail Poster

Basic Rankings...
CODE

1      Starblaydia              50.08
2      Lamoni                   42.58
3      Pacitalia                40.50
4      Bazalonia                25.75
5      Demot                    17.67
6      Nojika                   12.75
7      Krytenia                 9.92
8      Fidelia                  8.83
9      95X                      8.00
10     Milchama                 4.33
11     Allenmenschen            4.00
11     Edward City              4.00
11     Sorthern Northland       4.00
11     Vephrall                 4.00
15     Bettia                   3.00
16     Koseli Cumhuriyetler     1.33
17     Hypocria                 1.00
18     An Blascoad Mor          0.50
19     Kosovoe                  0.25
20     Septentrionia            0.00

Full AOCAF ODS file at Thirdgeek.com
New Nations start with 1 pt
New Puppets of existing people start with 0.5 pts

This post has been edited by Bazalonia on Apr 3 2009, 06:14 AM
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 3 2009, 06:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

After the various harding working officials of the Bazalonian Soccer Federation, published the latest AOCAF rankings.

Bazalonia is 4th but a far cry from the top with Starblaydia, Lamoni and Pacitalia all being approximately 25-15 points ahead. Behing Bazalonia is Demot and Nojika. Demot is slightly closer to Bazalonia (0.682) than Bazalonia is to Lamoni and Pacitalia (0.625) but Nojika is about exacly as far from Bazalonia (0.495) as Bazalonia is from Starblaydia (0.514)

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 4 2009, 04:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

Former Champions Slumming It

Once they proudly sat right at the very top of the regional rankings. Champions of all they surveyed. Now the Autocracy, former AOCAF powerhouse, has come back down to earth with a loud bump. Seventeenth in the region. 17th! How humiliating. Embarrassingly ranked on a par with the likes of Norwellia. Even more humiliating. And confined to the backwater of Pot 4 in the grand draw that recently took place in Jhanna, Starblaydia. Although on closer inspection the nation is in good company, Norwellia aside obviously, with giants of the world game Sarzonia and Cafundéu joining the Autocracy at the wrong end of the draw.

And so to the draw in which the Hyppos emerged in Group B alongside opponents both old and new. Top seeds are Bazalonia, a side against which the Autocracy has a pretty decent record. The Bazalopes will probably battle Nojika for top spot. We’ve long tipped our former/current ally for great things in this tournament and during the last competition it looked like the lazy giant was finally waking up with a fourth place finish, although we’ll draw a polite vial over the Panther’s final game in Allemenschen. Edward City are a largely unknown quantity but have some AOCAF experience and did of course lift the BoF so they can certainly play a bit. And apparently we’ve played and beaten West Pocono before. Who knew? All in all, hosts avoided, champions avoided, bloody 95X avoided, so could be worse!

Many moons ago the AOCAF sides led by Marcus Baxter, Alex Santoro or Javi Chavez would have knocked this opposition around without so much as breaking a sweat. Then goals, goals and more goals were the order of the day. Now the national side coached by ex-Krytenia centreback Peter Pojencic is a different beast entirely. It’s all about building from the back. Something the players seemed to struggle to grasp in his first few games in charge. But after that slightly shaky start to the new boss’ reign the Hyppos arrive in Starblaydia on the back of a three match unbeaten run and will be confident of a place in the last sixteen at least.
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Apr 4 2009, 08:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Bazalonia @ Apr 3 2009, 05:52 AM)
Basic Rankings...
CODE

OOC: Sarzonia is not listed in your rankings and competed in AOCAF 25...
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 5 2009, 01:04 AM
PMEmail Poster

It's the middle of the night at a rare single unit freestanding dwelling in 95X. Although it appears to be dark, a security guard stands by every night, watching cameras pointed at the entry gates of a well-fortified home in urban Pacific City. Tall hedges obscure the house, but inside, its living room could be mistaken for a history museum.

Framed newspaper front pages from all over the nation, screaming titles such as "VICTORY!" and "95X Wins."

The trophies, awards, and pictures. So many of them, a mantle and trophy case barely hold them all.

In a not-so-far-away bedroom, one of the inhabitants has a recurring dream of their best real-life story. Sweat coming down their face, the unmistakable stench of the last layer of deodorant being applied almost an hour before. A blur of a black and white orb on the ground coming up the field, being kicked in their direction. Within a split-second, a masterful left-footed side-kick sends the orb towards a large rimmed net where it edges just past the goalkeepers' hands, traveling ever so fast towards the goal, then... darkness.

The dreamer wakes up, taking several gasping breaths as she does, waking up someone else.

"Michelle," her sleepy sister grudgingly mumbles, yawning as she does. "It's four in the morning, what's wrong?"

"I had that dream again," Michelle replies, finally realizing the nightmare where everything melts away was only in her head. "But this time, it felt so real."

"But," Melissa says, "the ball really went into the goal. It really did. The entire team was there. It's not a sci-fi fantasy. You really did kick the winning and only goal in the AOCAF 22 Final."

Taking a moment, Michelle realizes something seemed very real about it. She knew it wasn't, but she still had a reason for suspicion. She hugs Melissa and lies her head down again.

"Melissa," she says, "you're always the voice of reason. If only we were joined psychologically, not just the 'one person two heads and minds' diagnosis from ten years ago."

Melissa, thinking it's the craziest thing her sister ever said, comments back "it's alright."

"I don't know," replies Michelle. "I have a feeling someone's trying to change the past."

They go back to bed, highlighting an otherwise mundane night.

(OOC: Hypocria, in the spirit of friendly competition, here's a RL Youtube video that doesn't have anything to do with the AOCAF, but I am posting the link just for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSuyuOOBR8)
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 5 2009, 01:42 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Sarzonia @ Apr 4 2009, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (Bazalonia @ Apr 3 2009, 05:52 AM)
Basic Rankings...
CODE

OOC: Sarzonia is not listed in your rankings and competed in AOCAF 25...

Ah, yes. Sorry. Sarzonia has 0 pts.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 5 2009, 02:04 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Hey look at the Draw announcement ... they're saying Bazalonia is a stalwart."
Mandy Day pondering allowed as she read the official Press Release made by the AOCAF Hosts the SFA. The room remained quiet because she was the only one in there.

She looked up from the release and realised that this was in fact the case...

"Damien, where are you?" she yelled a bit annoyed that she was talking to her self, but it wasn't like it was unusual with Damien always running off somewhere but also so damned quietly.

"What?" he replied steppnig down some stairs from the houses upper level.

"Stalwart, do you know what that means?"

Damien just shrugged she was obviously in the mood for some rant about football that Frankly Damien didn't care about. Frankly he was more interested watching everyone's favourite (yet alarmingly racist) TV show

"Perenial non-achiever! that's what it means... Look we've been here doing things for so long yet out best achievment is 2nd... we fell out at the first knockout stage last time. We're 15 points short of 3rd and 25 almost double our entire points away from the top. This is stupid. We're never going to get it.

"Don't be idiots, those below us are in a similiar position we are in... in relation to us. They've got no hope against the Purple menace at least it's fairly tight amung the top three and with some luck we could make it a top 4."

"Yes, Darling..." Damien dismissed the comment from Mandy

"Don't 'Yes, Darling' - We're going!"

"What, where?"

"To Starblaydia of course..."

"Oh, no not this again..." Damien sighed "Alright... I'll book the tickets." it was easier this way... that and he didn't have the energy to push back. And also it would give him a chance to keep a control of the budget.

"Thanks Honey!"

That had settled it, now he just had to find tickets to Starblaydia, the best he could do was to fly into an old Nova Brittanican airport an go on from there.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0244 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->