Start new topic
General Dorian Hadilla Detained
Posted: May 26 2004, 02:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

Today
4:36pm
Babylonia

Authorities apprehended General Dorian Hadilla today outside the the remains of the Tachbian embassy on charges of conspiracy to assassinate the president, crimes against the nation, and regional war crimes.

As he was arrested, a legion of his bodyguards opened fire on the Xilian Special Forces conducting the arrest. After an hour, the violence subsided with two members of the XSF dead, three wounded, and fifteen of Hadilla's bodyguards killed, and twenty-nine wounded.

Hadilla states that he 'will not allow such a travesty to commence' and has requested an internation lawyer, should one take up his case. While detained, he has appointed Commander Adonis Lauir as his successor until his charges are cleared. Commander Lauir declines comment on the situation.

Lilith Roma, sister of deceased President Aidan, wife of Minister Xian Roma, and chief officer of Xile's Law Department issued the charge for Hadilla's arrest. She has issued a statement looking to the regional council to try the General, and awaits a response.

She has also declared Abattoir Prime Minister Aron Lavinsky a fugitive and seeks assistance in his arrest. In Xile he is charged with conspiracy to assassinate President Cannonite.

Her husband, Minister of Domestic Affairs, has asked for an emergency meeting of the Xilian Senate to begin the process of electing a new leader. The Senate will convene sometime within the next few days.

(OOC: If anyone would like to act as Hadilla's attorney or prosecuting attorney, please step forward and I will pm you details of the case. I plan for the region to make a verdict of his innocence or guilt of the charges.)

This post has been edited by Xile on May 26 2004, 02:44 PM
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 26 2004, 04:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Hahaha...they're charging me with what?"

"Conspiracy to Assissinate the President sir."

"Right right, well, it's not as if I made secret of it. Dorian and myself have been dealing for along time now. What do you suppose I do Herring?"

The conference room sat empty, alone from all except two individuals, the Prime Minister and his most trusted advisor. The conversation had been waning as Lavinsky just laughed off the idea of himself being arrested, with Herring continuing to warn him of the seriousness of the situation.

"Hang them all, they can try to arrest me if they wish, I'll kill every damn one of them if I must. The nation will simply not allow it."

"Yes sir, we have made arrangements to shut down all foreign embassy's within the country and have sent for the return of all our diplomats away on business. However, I think it would be a good idea to alert the military and prepare for the worst" the Internal Affairs advisor replied stoicly.

"Yes, yes. Send the word, I want the borders heavily guarded and send word to the navy that I want all foreign ships or planes shot down immediately. Alert Rendition's Congress that I would like a formal meeting with the President, no one need be within 100 miles of our borders without my permission" Lavinsky said with a slight look of worry on his face.

"Good day Herring."
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 26 2004, 04:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Soul Expression has a fewattorneys that would be eager to represent Hadilla as his defense attorney.

Please send all data relative to the case to Soul Expression judiciary.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 26 2004, 06:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

who's going to prosecute?
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 26 2004, 06:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'll prosecute.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 27 2004, 08:31 AM
PMEmail Poster

Messages have been sent to all three of your nations. Stralphi and Aethryea have both recieved messages, as I percieved they both showed some interest. So check your messages for this information. You can begin preparing your cases, and PM me with any questions.

We are awaiting the set up of a regional council again I assume, and they will act as jury. So remember who you are presenting this information to, and act accordingly.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 27 2004, 02:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

I received your PM, do you want Stralphi and I to act as co-prosecutors?

B~
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 27 2004, 02:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

Probably, assuming that you want to prosecute.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 27 2004, 05:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

If you two would like to collaborate, that would be fine.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 27 2004, 05:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Xile @ May 27 2004, 05:20 PM)
If you two would like to collaborate, that would be fine.

Collaboration on the case would be a good idea.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 28 2004, 02:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

Council for defense requests that prosecutors put forth the exact accusations brought against our client and the passable penalty adventing a guilty verdict.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 28 2004, 11:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

Soul Expression, I will have the official indictment later today. A summary of the offenses are:

National Crimes (occ – I’m using the USCA):

Conspiracy to Commit Crimes against the State
Espionage
Treason, Sedition & Subversive Activities

World Crimes (occ – I’m using the Rome statute here for the ICC):

Crimes against Humanity (including the crimes of torture and murder)
War Crimes

This post has been edited by Aethyrea on May 28 2004, 11:16 AM
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 28 2004, 12:06 PM
PMEmail Poster

Those are issues, we would like specific accusations. Such as; what are the acts of treason he is accused of? What war crimes did he commit? What are the alleged crimes against humainity?

Please insure that all accusations brought against our client are specific and listed in the official indictment
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 28 2004, 12:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

Here is the info given by Xile:
A variety of messages were intercepted between both Hadilla and Lavinsky, of which they talked that a certain 'threat to our goals' needed to be taken care of.  This occured days before the assassination of President Cannonite.

Hadilla was a public critic of Aidan, and they had quite a few debates on the nation's standpoint in the region.  One of these became so heated that Hadilla punched the president.

Aidan had long been discussing exiling Hadilla for his growing hostility, and his massive command of troops made him a formidable foe.  Hadilla had acted outside the Presidents orders on a few occasions, and escaped reprimand with a show of force.

Hadilla is known to have led troops into Salmantic territory to reclaim land that Aidan had ceded.  Hadilla believed the land should remain in the hands of Xile.

During his short tenure as Commander of Xilian Forces, Hadilla marched on East Gate, a neutral territory.  When questioned by the Tachbian government why he did such a thing, Hadilla ordered the Tachbian embassy be fired upon.  Quite a few diplomats and Tachbian citizens died in the fray.

Hadilla had also been planning to become dictator of the Xilian government.  Plans were found of a coup that was to take place within the city, where he would proclaim himself leader of the nation.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 28 2004, 01:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

Korrin Palomontro, Federal Prosecutor: "Counsel, please find attached the Federal Criminal Complaint and Indictment regarding the crimes of Dorian Hadilla. Please contact our office with any further discovery demands. After Mr. Hadilla's arraignment, we will be stating our intention to seek the maximum penalities for each crime. Thank you."

FEDERAL COURT
------------------------------------
The People of Xile

v.

DORIAN HADILLA, Defendant
-------------------------------------

TO THE FAMILY FEDERAL COURT OF XILE:

The Undersigned Presentment Agency respectfully alleges that:

1. The Office of the Xile Federal Attorney, is authorized to originate proceedings under the Xilian Federal Penal Code; Korrin A. Palomontro, Esq., Federal Prosecutor.

2. The Defendant, Dorian Hadilla, is a citizen of Xile, or committed said crimes within the boarders of Xile, and is subject hereto the jurisdiction of its Courts.

COUNT ONE

3. Upon information and belief, between the dates of January 3, 2004 and May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of TREASON as defined by §§2381 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant knowingly and willing advocated, advised and aided third parties in acts and communications designed to overthrow or destroy the government or governmental office of the Nation of Xile.

4. Upon information and belief, between the dates of January 3, 2004 and May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of TREASON as defined by §§2381 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant knowingly incited, assisted and engaged in acts of insurrection against the government of Xile.

5. Upon information and belief, between the dates of January 3, 2004 and May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of TREASON as defined by §§2381 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant knowingly incited, assisted and engaged in acts of insurrection against the President of Xile, Aidan Cannonite.

COUNT TWO

6. Upon information and belief, between the dates of January 3, 2004 and May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of ESPIONAGE as defined by §§792 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant knowingly obtained information regarding the national defense of Xile with the intent, and reason to believe that said information is can be used to harm the Nation of Xile, and then transmitted, or attempted to transmit said information to third parties.

COUNT THREE

7. Alleges and repeats each and every allegation contain in paragraph 3, 4, and 5. Upon information and belief, between the dates of January 3, 2004 and May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TREASON as defined by §§2381 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant conspired to commit the crimes as alleged in paragraphs 3, 4, and 5.

COUNT FOUR

8. Alleges and repeats each and every allegation contain in paragraph 6. Upon information and belief, between the dates of January 3, 2004 and May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ESPIONAGE as defined by §§792 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, acting with third parties, knowingly obtained information regarding the national defense of Xile with the intent, and reason to believe that said information is can be used to harm the Nation of Xile, and then transmitted, or attempted to transmit said information to third parties.

COUNT FIVE

9. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 25, 2004*, the Defendant committed the crime of CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER as defined by §§1111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, with third parties, knowingly participated, aided and assisted in the killing a person, Aidan Cannonite with malice aforethought.

COUNT SIX

10. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 25, 2004*, the Defendant committed the crime of MURDER as defined by §§1111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, with third parties, knowingly participated, aided and assisted in the killing a person, Aidan Cannonite with malice aforethought.

COUNTS SEVEN through TWENTY-THREE

11. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER as defined by §§1111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, with third parties, knowingly participated, aided and assisted in the killing of persons, ((occ – lists the 2 dead XSF soldiers, and 15 body guards here)) with malice aforethought, or in the commission of a felony.

12. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of MURDER as defined by §§1111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, with third parties, knowingly participated, aided and assisted in the killing of persons, ((occ – lists the 2 dead XSF soldiers, and 15 body guards here)) with malice aforethought, or in the commission of a felony.

COUNTS TWENTY-FOUR through FIFTY-SEVEN

13. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ATTEMPTED MURDER as defined by §§1111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, with third parties, knowingly participated, aided and assisted in the killing of persons, ((occ – lists the 3 wounded XSF soldiers and 29 wound body guards here)) with malice aforethought or in the commission of a felony.

14. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of ATTEMPTED MURDER as defined by §§1111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, with third parties, knowingly participated, aided and assisted in the killing of persons, ((occ – lists the 32 wounded solider here)) with malice aforethought or in the commission of a felony.

COUNT FIFTY-EIGHT

15. Upon information and belief, on the date of May 26, 2004, the Defendant committed the crime of ASSAULT as defined by §§111 et al, in that during that time frame, the Defendant, assaulted, resisted and opposed arrest by persons performing their official duties of such.

WHEREFORE, the Presentment Agency prays that Defendant be dealt with in accordance to the Xile Federal Penal Laws & Procedure.

Dated: May 28, 2004

Korrin A. Palomontro, Esq.
Federal Prosecutor
Office of the Xile Federal Attorney

* (occ- I could not find the thread that listed the exact date of the assassination, but I think it was the 25th)

Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0184 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->