Start new topic
Crystilakere
Posted: May 28 2004, 06:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

Crystilakere has chosen to raise the issues of political freedoms and civil rights as important issues to be explored.

Soul Expression has studied the matter and has come to certain conclusions.
Crystilakere, although displaying contempt for civil rights, imposes its dictates on the matter, to nations that already have set higher standards in those fields than Crystilakere has.

We take this as a dangerous sign of megalomania and have decided to take action.

Soul Expression, initiates and encourages other nations to follow, a boycott of Crystilakere and implimentation of trade sanctions until Crystilakere recognizes its lack of civil rights and improves its internal policies in that respect

All but diplomatic relations have been interupted between Soul Expression and Crystilakere and will remain so until Crystilakere improves its treatment of human beings.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 28 2004, 06:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Vilita Refuses to support this Boycott of Crystilakere, as VOIA intelligence reports this boycott stems off nothing more than Crystilakere's questioning of how Soul Expression planned to cater to Native members of the already inhabited land Soul Expression was looking to acquire. Never once did Crystilakere raise the issue of Civil Rights, nor imply that Crystilakere was trying to "dictate" a nation with traditionally greater Civil Rights than itself.

The lands that the issue rises around have never before been under control of any government, and it's people, native to the outdoors and entirely unknowing of a socially and technologically advanced lifestyle. Vilita supports Crystilakere's desire for information on how the Natives would integrate into the Soul Expression society, government and land, feeling that the question was always going to be asked before any expansion request was approved.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 29 2004, 12:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

How people are treated IS civil rights and Crystilakere should only question Soul Expression civil rights if their own civil rights are adequate, which they are not.

Crystilakere has displayed a lack of education or poor literacy. This is why Soul Expression believes that internal improvement of Crysilakere might make it a better nation for the international community to deal with. As it stands now, Crystilakere is a nuisance to international trade and might become a threat to future international endeavors.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 12:45 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Holy Empire of Lieno must oppose the imposition of any trade agreements or boycotts targeting the nation of Crystilakere.

While our holy empire shares your belief in the civil rights of all peoples, we believe there are other nations with civil rights records worse than the nation of Crystilakere. In our estimation there are other means to promote increased civil rights for the residents of Crystilakere before such drastic actions such as you request are taken.

We would also remind the nation of Soul Expression that we are indebted to Crystilakere for offered assistance during the recent regicide in our country.

by the order of
Emperor Theodore VIII
Lieno
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 29 2004, 02:39 AM
PMEmail Poster

Highly esteemed peoples of Lieno.

Soul Expression respects your position and is not in the least resentful.

However, we will not digress from our current position v Crystilakere.

Although other nations may have less regards for humanity than Crystilakere, only Crystilakere has stepped forth to stall international trade growth, which has cost many nations millions in potential revenues, not to mentioned the millions Soul Expression lost during the delay.

Crystilakere expressed concern at the prospect of trade with the peoples of Soul Expression. Well, we are demonstrating to Crystilakere, and to the world, that they need not be concerned with trading with Soul Expression.

Soul Expresion maintains its embargo and encourages other nations to join this effort to educate Crystilakere in concerning itself with its own affaires when they have yet to resolve the issues they would dare question other nations upon.

Civil rights is being focussed upon here because Crystilakere brought up the subject to begin with. Soul Expression believes it a very appropriate response to Crystilakere's misguided ventures in iternational affairs.

Sanctions in place against Crystilakere by Soul Expression:

1) Tariffs for import/export of goods and services have been raised to render trade with Crystalakere unprofitable

2) Quotas for import/exportof goods and have been reduced significantly and allocated in a manner as to render trade with Crystilakere unprofitable

3) All flights to Cristilakere have been cancelled

4) No Crystilakere aircraft is permitted to land on Soul Expression soil or fly through its air space

5) No Crystilakere naval vessel may May dock at our ports or enter our territorial waters

6) There is now a 24 month waiting period for visas emitted to Crystilakermits

Seeing as Soul Expression already has almost non-existant relations with Cristilakere and neither of us depend on each other for anything, this is an easy task for us.

Objective: For Crystilakere to display efforts in improving their civil rights.

Soul Expression would perceive this as clear step forward in understanding and benefitting people, instead of oppressing them..

This would undoibtably improve their perceptions of other nations and hence, their relations with them.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Soul Expression @ May 29 2004, 03:39 AM)

5) No Crystilakere naval vessel may May dock at our ports or enter our territorial waters

Polite telegram sent to Soul Expression Head Government Official:

"Note: you don't have any ports until the Crystilakere situation is dealt with, so that's kind of an irrelevant point? Sorry, couldn't resist, dark humor I know. All the best on this fine day."
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 29 2004, 05:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

What do you mean? We are ignoring Crystilakere's concerns and went ahead with the expansion. let them declare war if they're unhappy about it.

My attempts at rp are being totally overlooked and my time wasted.
Either apply the extension now or dont even bother asking me to explain any further, if its to be like that, just delete all my nations from this forum and Ill be on my way.

I came to rp but apparently,a few of you dont know how to rp properly(or dont want to). This has been an excercise in patience so far, full of hassles, not the kind of fun I had I had in mind, nor did Tachbe I guess.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 08:26 AM
PMEmail Poster

Tachbe left because things did not go as he planned or how he wanted them to. He was tired of having competition in his RP's, when I joined forces with Xile, he was unprepared for this and it is evident in his last battle RP. Before that he was giving us all strategies (that obviously had weaknesses in them that he would exploit to his benefit) to use, he had planned on us using them and thus had the whole war planned out.

Then, after my alliance, he proceeded to whine like a little child about people not responding to his PM's and what not. Then he left when we intiated an attack on one of his puppets.

I see the same thing happening. I imagine you had not planned on this stiff resistance to your expansion. Leave if you want. I would insert some age old saying here about hanging out in the kitchen and something about heat, but nevermind.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 09:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Soul Expression @ May 28 2004, 06:02 PM)
Crystilakere has chosen to raise the issues of political freedoms and civil rights as important issues to be explored.

Soul Expression has studied the matter and has come to certain conclusions.
Crystilakere, although displaying contempt for civil rights, imposes its dictates on the matter, to nations that already have set higher standards in those fields than Crystilakere has.

We take this as a dangerous sign of megalomania and have decided to take action.

Soul Expression, initiates and encourages other nations to follow, a boycott of Crystilakere and implimentation of trade sanctions until Crystilakere recognizes its lack of civil rights and improves its internal policies in that respect

All but diplomatic relations have been interupted between Soul Expression and Crystilakere and will remain so until Crystilakere improves its treatment of human beings.

Had you done this for a reason other than Crystilakere's attempt to stop your annexation, I might consider it.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 10:21 AM
PMEmail Poster

Xile deems that Crystilakere is too esteemed a member of this region, and a strong trading partner. For this reason we choose not to impose economic sanctions at this time. However, we do formally ask that the nation look into the interests of its people, and moreover try to take care of them better.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 29 2004, 12:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Stralphi @ May 29 2004, 10:35 AM)
Crystilakere's attempt to stop your annexation, I might consider it.

Crystilakere never attempted to prevent any annexation by any members, namely soul expression. We simply asked for further clarification on a vaguely presented topic within the proposal, nothing more.
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 04:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Novus Atlantica @ May 29 2004, 08:26 AM)
Tachbe left because things did not go as he planned or how he wanted them to. He was tired of having competition in his RP's, when I joined forces with Xile, he was unprepared for this and it is evident in his last battle RP. Before that he was giving us all strategies (that obviously had weaknesses in them that he would exploit to his benefit) to use, he had planned on us using them and thus had the whole war planned out.

Then, after my alliance, he proceeded to whine like a little child about people not responding to his PM's and what not. Then he left when we intiated an attack on one of his puppets.

I see the same thing happening. I imagine you had not planned on this stiff resistance to your expansion. Leave if you want. I would insert some age old saying here about hanging out in the kitchen and something about heat, but nevermind.

yes but its not rping anymore is it?

I am being forced to cater to Crystilakere . I understand competition and such but, my rping is being totally ignored because Im not following someone's intended storyline. You can't choreograph or dictate other players' action, you have to leave players act and say what they want and act in consequence.

Had Crystilakere not proven to be a menace to international trade, their internal problems would have gone overlooked. Their deficiencies have become an issue in international affairs.

Anyways, Soul Expression totally ignored Crystilakere interests and proceeded with expansion. Thats the end of that.

Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 04:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

Why did this all happen again? Something about Cry... wanting to know how you would treat the citizens of the region you are expanding into?

(OOC: VILITA!! Upload the new map already!)
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 29 2004, 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Soul Expression @ May 29 2004, 05:20 PM)

Had Crystilakere not proven to be a menace to international trade, their internal problems would have gone overlooked.

Go back and look at the thread again SE. You attacked Crystilakeres internal problems immediately after crystilakere posted a ONE LINE question towards your country about the project. I hardly think that constitutes being a "menace to international trade." You started these shinanigans, don't blame it on Crystilakere.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 29 2004, 11:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

I would not like to lose Soul Expression as a member of this region, I see them as an active RPer and a good nation. Do not be offended by what we say. We are just trying to defend a nation, we are not 'attacking' you in any form. Sorry if I came across that way.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0182 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->