Start new topic
Sarzonia In Mourning
Posted: Jul 28 2004, 05:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

Dave Forrest, a man who was at one time one heartbeat away from the Presidency of Sarzonia, died last night six hours after returning from Hamptonshire City. He was 77.

Forrest served as the first Senior Vice President for Internal Affairs in Sarzonia's history, running the day-to-day operations of many of the departments under the Gray House with a behind-the-scenes style.

"He wasn't one for the spotlight, but he always made sure to get the job done," President Mike Sarzo said in a statement issued on the back lawn of the Gray House. "He was absolutely beyond reproach in his dealings with people who worked for the government and was instrumental in the growth of Sarzonia."

"He will be sorely missed," Nicole Lewis, his successor as SVP-Internal said. "He was the template for the job."

Even his political opponents heaped praise upon him.

"He was a genuine man, very hard-working," Senator Alex Loonie said. "Even when I disagreed with him, I knew he had all his notes and he was going to be hell to debate against."

Sarzo announced that Wednesday would be declared a national day of mourning. The funeral is expected to take place Friday at the National Cemetery in Saugerties, just outside Woodstock.

Forrest is survived by his son Mark, 39 and his grandsons Colin, 18, Lindsey, 17, and Jay, 15.

This post has been edited by Sarzonia on Jul 28 2004, 05:19 PM
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 28 2004, 05:23 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Lord-Protector Tiberius Starblayde is saddened at the loss of a great man. He sends his condolences to the Incorporated States of Sarzonia and the Forrest family.

The Lord-Protector would like to send Foreign Minister Isaac M.C. Chisoko to pay the nation's respects at Dave Forrest's funeral on Friday.

Ricardo Gomez
Communications Officer
Protectorate of Starblaydia

OOC: Quite spookily I was just reading this in II and then clicked to find it right here.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 28 2004, 05:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Jul 28 2004, 05:23 PM)
Lord-Protector Tiberius Starblayde is saddened at the loss of a great man. He sends his condolences to the Incorporated States of Sarzonia and the Forrest family.

The Lord-Protector would like to send Foreign Minister Isaac M.C. Chisoko to pay the nation's respects at Dave Forrest's funeral on Friday.

Ricardo Gomez
Communications Officer

OOC: Quite spookily I was just reading this in II and then clicked to find it right here.

[OOC: It's funny because Vilita saw it and suggested I post it here. That's when I did.]
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 29 2004, 09:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Jul 28 2004, 05:23 PM)

Ricardo Gomez
Communications Officer

Sarzonia gratefully accepts Foreign Minister Chisoko's attendance at the funeral for Mr. Forrest.

[OOC: I'll probably post some acknowledgement of the funeral over at I.I. If it becomes a full-on funeral thread, it'll be invite only because I don't want something coming up as a surprise.]
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 4 2004, 01:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Mines of Crystilakere, Former Delegate to the united nations from Atlantian Oceania, would also like to send a representative, Controlling Vetsana of the Capital, Sire Nietts Pold, and his entourage, along with the best wishes of the entire Crystilakere Hierarchy.
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 4 2004, 02:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

As a sign of their long-standing good diplomatic relations, Krytenian Chairman Everton Davis and Foreign Minister Simon Onopko have expressed their wish to pay their respects.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 6 2004, 09:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: Because of another war RP that came to an explosive head Friday, it wasn't really appropriate to RP a funeral, but for simplicity's sake, we'll just say you both were there to pay your respects among an international gathering of mourners.]

Again, the Incorporated States of Sarzonia wishes to extend its most sincere appreciation to all the countries throughout the world who have paid their respects to Dave Forrest and his family.

Mike Sarzo
President

This post has been edited by Sarzonia on Aug 6 2004, 09:08 AM
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0167 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->