Start new topic
OOC: How I intend to start this allianceness stuff
Posted: Dec 16 2012, 01:00 AM
PMEmail Poster

Have some vague numbers:

Population: 3.661 Billion
Military Budget: $7,504,015,464,735.30

I tend RP my nation having around 0.41% active military, and around 0.73% reserve, not including conscription.
Warkus
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 16 2012, 11:57 AM
PMEmail Poster

so...any ideas on where to go next?
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2012, 07:42 AM
PMEmail Poster

I suppose the bigger question is what do you want to end up with, and how to get there...
Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2012, 01:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, what I am thinking is that I hold my domestic elections and get my new President in, but that does not really involve too much international involvement. I'm still waiting for a Valanoran reply to get that whole blockade thing sorted out, and I'm not seeing too many international story lines going. So at this point I don't know what you guys are looking for?
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2012, 02:55 PM
PMEmail Poster

I have TG'd Valanora about possibly doing something with the blockade... as in the Mantwenician government passes the "Act of War" for a second time, overriding the Queen's veto and they are so excited to get involved that there was never really a organized plan as to what Mantwenic is going to do. A fleet of Naval ships heads up to New Undavil where Valanora has their navy and air force blockading the port. Mantwenic's fleet ignores the threat from Valanora, Mantwenic thinks that we are being helpful and then Valanora takes it as an act of war and it escalates into something like that... again I have TG'd Val about it... it's just an idea... I haven't gotten any feedback from Val yet... I only TG'd it to him yesterday... we'll see if anything comes of it.
Mantwenic
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2012, 07:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Mantwenic @ Dec 17 2012, 02:55 PM)
I have TG'd Valanora about possibly doing something with the blockade... as in the Mantwenician government passes the "Act of War" for a second time, overriding the Queen's veto and they are so excited to get involved that there was never really a organized plan as to what Mantwenic is going to do. A fleet of Naval ships heads up to New Undavil where Valanora has their navy and air force blockading the port. Mantwenic's fleet ignores the threat from Valanora, Mantwenic thinks that we are being helpful and then Valanora takes it as an act of war and it escalates into something like that... again I have TG'd Val about it... it's just an idea... I haven't gotten any feedback from Val yet... I only TG'd it to him yesterday... we'll see if anything comes of it.

I like it. Something to remember about New Undavil is that it is tiny and underdeveloped with only a few thousand people working. This means that most of the fighting for the port would be in the water and any land engagement would be short and small scale. New Mathdon, however is an entirely different story, it is heavly fortified compared to most of the other ports.(well, Val`s Military would rawrcrush it instantly, but it is large on my puny standards for defense) Also, New Mathdon is right on Jay Industries`s doorstep, so help wouldn`t be far for help, but the recent intentions of Falc could point in a whole other direction, making my people all scared and my government in crisis. in the event of that, my government would instantly call for meetings and treaties and such, wanting to get out the whole mess under the disguise of a new government
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2012, 08:05 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Serious portions of the Falcanian Combined Strike Force are, indeed, stationed off the New Mathdon coastal limits, and they are itching to bomb *something* easily bombable.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2012, 09:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

When I first saw that, I was thinking "Yay, someone is going to help me!" then I remembered that my city is more combustable than blockade ships, and now I'm slightly afraid.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2012, 08:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

Alright Valanora, reply within 72 hours, or I will move on without a response, because I've already waited for two weeks and this RP needs to move forward.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 20 2012, 09:31 AM

Dood, it's christmas, cut everyone a bit of slack until the New Year.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 20 2012, 01:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ Dec 20 2012, 09:31 AM)
Dood, it's christmas, cut everyone a bit of slack until the New Year.

You guys are off already?
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 20 2012, 01:52 PM

All I'm saying is, there's no rush here.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 21 2012, 06:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

So what would be considered a decent deadline?
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 23 2012, 09:06 AM
PMEmail Poster

Early January. It's all gone far too fast for everyone to keep up as it is! I'm not sure what IC timescales everyone works to but KAPOW!!! Instant colonies. Can we all just get our breath back? Why not keep up the discussion in the meantime, there's plenty to be planned out and worked through.
Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 23 2012, 05:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

Alright, so first, lets make sure we are all on the same page, Wight, or whomever is reading this for that matter, could you try to recite the story from a different perspective so I can see how this is being precieved by another reader.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0176 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->