Start new topic
A Question
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 10:09 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Has anyone ever done anything in the past concerning the rest of the area that my nation inhabits? To be more specific, has anyone done a RP in which they may have described the island in any depth, like terrain or indigenous people? The reason I ask is because I was thinking of doing a roleplay sometime later involving the area bordering Khazaron and I wanted to make sure it was accurate with anything that had gone on in the past. If nothing, then I had an idea for what to do.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 07:35 AM

Your little chunk was originally part of one big island which also consisted of what is now Nova Roma and land 22.

As far back as I'm aware of, it was split into for equal quarters: Salmantic in the north-east (after which the sea is named), Samonia in the south-east (largely where you are) and Stralphi in the south-west and blank in the north-west.

After all those nations ceased, Doujin came to the region and that island was broken up into a big chunk that precisely resembled Doujin's old map, the extra bit - which you're now on - was left as a separate island of its own. Doujin promptly left and Nova Roma moved north to take over part of the island.

Search for posts by those nations in the AO forum and you should be able to find any sort of background etc they've posted about themselves. Hope that helps.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 08:04 AM

It does. Many thanks Star.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 08:07 AM

Oooo, nobody in the northwest. smile.gif That might actually work out for what I was thinking about.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 08:08 AM

The beauty of having a static(ish) map in a long(ish)-lived region means there's usually a back-story for most of the pieces of land, if only in the name of the nations before you.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 10:23 AM

you can also probably check the map archives to see some of the progression.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 12:20 PM

Yeah, that would probably best, especially for whenever I end up expanding Khazaron in that direction. I'll need to know what peoples I'm annexing.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0195 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->