Start new topic
Naming the Landmasses Version 3.0
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 11:52 AM
PMEmail Poster

Bostopia is one of the football-RPing nations.

He's also on holiday in Florida at the moment...
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 14 2009, 09:48 AM
PMEmail Poster

And he's no longer in AO anyway. Hasn't been for some time.
Sorthern Northland
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 14 2009, 01:59 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

That's one checked off the list. Bettia and Hypocria yet to answer the call.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 18 2009, 04:13 PM

Call answered! Luciterra, here we are!
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 19 2009, 07:33 AM

As y'all may have seen on the message board, both me and Hypocria have agreed with Falc's proposal to rename our landmass Luciterra.
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Nov 25 2009, 06:02 AM

So, we have:

Yellow: Calania
Green: Verdena
Orange: Paripana
Red: (Terra) Foringana
Blue: Auzeria
Cyan: Cyanea (by default as Sarzonia is the only resident)
Pink: Arrosia
White: Nothandryun

And we can add Vircæis, the landmass to the south of Luciterra containing Vephrall and Kura-Pelland.

If I'm not mistaken, that's all of them, right?
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Nov 25 2009, 12:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Does anybody have an idea for that archipelago where Nanwe is located?, because Nanwe Archipelago is too simple
Nanwe
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 26 2009, 11:53 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Bettia @ Nov 25 2009, 06:02 AM)
So, we have:

Cyan: Cyanea (by default as Sarzonia is the only resident)

Actually, I inhabit the north of that landmass, but the map isn't updated. Still, I use the Unrealish name of Cynax. So Cyanea is fine.

As for Nanwe, how about something like Carpathico Archipelago? I don't really know...although I do have that one island on the edge of it, you can call it what you want. Perhaps it could take the name of the past claimant, not sure who that was.
unreal229
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 26 2009, 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Bettia @ Nov 25 2009, 11:02 AM)

Luciterra. That's been the crux of this thread in recent weeks.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 27 2009, 11:36 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (unreal229 @ Nov 26 2009, 11:53 AM)
As for Nanwe, how about something like Carpathico Archipelago? I don't really know...although I do have that one island on the edge of it, you can call it what you want. Perhaps it could take the name of the past claimant, not sure who that was.

Thanks, I'll see, however I think that the map is not going to be updated at least we do it ourselves because Ch haven't been here for a long time...
Nanwe
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 30 2009, 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Falcania @ Nov 27 2009, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Bettia @ Nov 25 2009, 11:02 AM)

Luciterra. That's been the crux of this thread in recent weeks.

Sorry, my bad.
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Nov 30 2009, 08:13 PM

Awesome sauce.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 4 2010, 06:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

To: The Leaders and Governments of Atlantian Oceania

"We hereby present our government, people and nation to the leaders and governments of this region. We extend our friendship to all nations and our hand in unity, so that we may remain strong and great, now and forever."

1) We have lived hidden from your eyes, in the darkness of the woods, more a collective of tribes than a nation. Now we have discovered the ways of modernity and we fully grasp the nature of the international world, we now know that for as blind as you were to us, we were just as blind of you.

It was not until the decline of the sophisticated peoples around us were we enlightened to the opportunity to grow, much of their buildings and infrastructure was in ruins, but we found these ruins were easily re-built.

The true peoples of Zegrondi Mahr have always been in this region but are happy to acquiesce to this simple request in order to be part of this multi-national community, there is so much trade and opportunity available now we have stepped into the mantle of civilization...

We bring to the table a new spirituality that many call Shamanism, though with our modern living this is becoming more adaptive to society and has enveloped aspects of many new-age beliefs to become neo-shamanistic. We also have many natural and organic trout farms, which we know will be the best bit of trout you have ever tasted in the whole of the Atlantian Oceania.

Many of us as individuals have travelled about the land, but with great difficulty, as our people have only recently accepted themselves as a collective nationality, we have no real border controls and are still trying to understand the need for identification and 'passports' - plus having been born in a nation that is not 'on the map', makes us feel ostracised and cut off from the rest of the world.

However, we are new to the games of sports and politics, with many buildings destroyed, and few people available to re-educate us to any real standard of play, we are below par in many games. To outsiders our native games of squirrel throwing makes little sense, other games are just as bizarre, like plaje - where we seem to randomly throw small bags filled with beans at each other.

2) we already inhabit most of the region known as 22, if anyone will dispute our native rights to this land we hope this will not cause a dispute ending in conflict as we have no true weapons of your technology. We will if need be fight with crude weapons, slings, bats and sharpened pikes... many of us now drive cars and we know what aircraft are, so we will quickly adapt before we die and intend to stay here, if we are in contention with some other peoples they will be hurt as much as possible before we give up our liberty, nationality and freedoms.

3) we do not believe to be in breach of any flag legislation, and we also have historic material noted in our factbook which has been submitted elsewhere. However, we recognise and understand your curiousity and would be more than happy to provide you with as many additional details as possible.
Zegrondi Mahr
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 13 2011, 03:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

Was there any particular reason that the continent I am on was given the name Nothandryun? I like the name and am working on some things fro the distant past that may become more relevant in some of my RP. I was just wanting to know how much liberty I can take with the name in accordance to historical facts and possibly even some more current ideas. Thanks.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 31 2012, 10:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ Dec 13 2011, 04:01 AM)
Was there any particular reason that the continent I am on was given the name Nothandryun? I like the name and am working on some things fro the distant past that may become more relevant in some of my RP. I was just wanting to know how much liberty I can take with the name in accordance to historical facts and possibly even some more current ideas. Thanks.

Unless I missed it, it sounds like a name that was proposed, and simply happened as nobody on the landmass at the time objected. Considering the fact that it's home to Tachbe and Sorthern Northland, however, might be a good time to re-name it to the Draggoni for "Land that Glows" cool.gif
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0189 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->