Start new topic
Freedom Alliance
Posted: May 18 2004, 03:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

We should not take a negative stance on this, just a objective one. We should not post ourselves against or for until we have the facts. The once we have the facts, if we are not happy we could negotiate a special deal perhaps addressing our concerns or request reclassification in the alliance itself?
Also what other alliances are out there, are any better?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 18 2004, 03:17 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

We have predetermined alliances with the regions of Maya and Amazon Rain Forest
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 18 2004, 03:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

I’m all for alliances, just not for the sole fact of being able to say that we have one. Alliances are double edged swords – with both benefits and obligations. I just don’t want to see this region get involved in one that it may not be able to (or may not want to) later honor.

B~
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 18 2004, 03:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

We should look at all the facts. OF course if there are no suitable ones then we souldn't take part. But even if we decide to stay out we could still have some connections with the alliance could we not.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 18 2004, 03:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

yes i agree. we shouldnt pass judgement on the FA untill we have all the facts they are prepared to present us with. following that we should have a poll. we shouldnt prejudice ourselves against it now.
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 18 2004, 05:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

Greetings,

I am the Freedom Alliance President and I come to clear up the issue of AO entrance to the alliance.

Firstly, the Constitution is in need of updating. Up until now, it has been widely accepted as guidelines rather than a strict rulebook.

Allow me to make a quick summary of AO and the benefits of entrance.
The FA is a one year old alliance and we are growing rapidly. 7 regions are in the alliance, with around 11 regular UN nations in the FA military.

In terms of the 'FA Agreement', this is where we have 2 regional reps from member regions come to FA Parliament which governs the alliance. If AO were in the alliance, you would select 2 MP's (Members of Parliament).
As for the Presidential structure, anyone in an FA allied region is an automatic FA member. They then can vote and run in the Presidential elections. A President then selects a Cabinet of 3 Ministers, who form FA policy on all issues, then present those policies to Parliament to have all regional reps vote on whether these policies become law and official. I hope this clears up the issue of representation and the part regions play in governance.

As for the military/ops. As stated, when the FA Cabinet see a region being oppressed or dominated by a tyrant or dictator delegate, we want to oust them and install democracy. We also participate in defending regions in case the founder gets deleted leaving the native delegate vulnerable hence we go in and support the delegate. This is where the so called 'duties' come in. We simply telegram nations within FA regions and ask them to participate in such operations. They can disregard the telegram and ignore it, or they can participate - entirely their choice.
There is not one case in the FA's history that we have condemned or even said publicly that someone has not participated. Operations are more on an individual basis rather than regional.

The FA is worldly known. Yes you have a founder and this alliance will not benefit you militarily, but we can add you another dimension to your region with regards to having you publicly known and allowing you to participate in defending and keeping NationStates a free world.

This is entirely your choice and we hold no grudges against those who decline.

Regards,

Spaceisland & Musez
FA President
Musez
One Post Wonder
Quote Post

Posted: May 18 2004, 06:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

The whole thing sounds like a power play, the rules are just blurry enough to put member regions effectively under the thumb of one nation or region while not giving any tangable gains.
Exham
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: May 18 2004, 06:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Exham @ May 18 2004, 06:31 PM)
The whole thing sounds like a power play, the rules are just blurry enough to put member regions effectively under the thumb of one nation or region while not giving any tangable gains.

I have to agree. I wouldn’t accept this without making some serious understandings, reservations & declarations. I’m glad that they are planning on re-vamping their constitution, but until they do the ‘rules’ are what they are, regardless of the fact that they are loosely enforced.

B~
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 19 2004, 05:52 AM
PMEmail Poster

What about the parliament, I want to hear details on exactly what it does, how many votes, how many people (total) voting thresholds, sovereignty. Finish the commercial and onto the details.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 19 2004, 06:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

hmm yes. i agree with all the above.
however, if we joined BEFORE any revamp took place, surely we could have input into what was changing? i dont mean we manipulate the system to suit us, just that we make sure our priorities are adressed.
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 19 2004, 09:25 AM
PMEmail Poster

It would depend on what out voting weight would be like. If its minimal then theres no much point. Though I think we should try to be involved in any revamp, I particualy would like to add my voice to any such project even if it would carry little weight. Perhaps we could hold a meeting at some point between the leaders of the invoved regions to discuss this?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 19 2004, 10:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

well that sounds like fun. define region leader though. delegate or founder? personally i think you could do it tachbe. youd also have to get all the other member regions to agree. some may have worked themselves into a comfortable hole as far as the FA is concerned.
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 19 2004, 11:06 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well out leader is the protectorate council, I admit we dont have a single post. Others might though. But basicly what I meant by leader was not somone representing them in the parliment or somthing who actualy has no direct power at home.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 19 2004, 12:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

If the FA will allow us to have a say in the terms and conditions of our acceptance to their Union, then I am not against it in the least. Alliances can be beneficial. But as this one is written I think that it is potentially disastrous. Will someone on the governing council of Atlantian Oceania be preparing a written counter-proposal?

B~
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 19 2004, 12:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

I will if we could get a complete original agreement. At the moment its rather sporadic
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0202 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->