Start new topic
OOC: How I intend to start this allianceness stuff
Posted: Oct 20 2012, 03:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

Okay, so as many of you know, Starbladyia has been initiating an alliance creation thread and I have found myself at the center of it, so, here are my plans on how this whole thing can start. Now please, feel free to throw suggestions at me on how this can get better. But hey, it is better I put it all out there so we can determine the best path for the first part of this whole thing to go.

BACKGROUND:
In 2011, the Leorudian economy fell. In an attempt to kickstart it, President Donald Secladius attack a small unclaimed island in the middle of nowhere unsucessfully. This was also known as the Wicksteed Campaign. This little gaffe was going to be overlooked if it had not had been for the exposure of his many affairs with the office interns. This really hurt him, because every six months Leorudo hold elections where if more than 75% of the people vote to overthrow the President, then another President takes his spot. Well, this election was in just a few days when the scandal broke, and instead of facing the music my President quickly resigned and fled the country to the always fun island nation of Gaveo. Meanwhile, a political party known as the Leorudian Party for Expansion began to gain ranks, and eventually it's head, Oliver Balone, took leadership of the nation. His main campaign point was that Leorudo was attack a small island out of the region when they could be taking the fertile lands to the north.

This is where it gets international.

Leorudo moves it's military north, claiming lands upon lands while using it's alliance for extra military protection. This, of course, it met with outcry from the international community, and something happens that turns it all into war.(Raid on Outpost, Diplomatic murder, etc.)

So please feel free to run with this and add ideas to it.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 06:06 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Which lands are you actually after? Directly north of you is Austerney and Starblaydia - where would you be attacking exactly?
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 06:16 AM

Could be interesting from the perspective of ongoing discussions to join the CCS. I like this.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 12:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Oct 21 2012, 06:06 AM)
Which lands are you actually after? Directly north of you is Austerney and Starblaydia - where would you be attacking exactly?

OOC: Your IC people know nothing about this by the way, this is just an OOC guide for you.

Phase One-
user posted image
Phase Two-
user posted image
Phase Three-
user posted image
Phase Four-
user posted image
Phase Five-
user posted image

Grand Plan-
user posted image

Now that I look at it, it is going to be harder than I thought. tongue.gif Ehh more of a challenge.

Also, Can I keep the 14 Posts! Thing? It looks smexy.

This post has been edited by Leorudo on Oct 21 2012, 12:55 PM
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 03:07 PM

Of course we wouldn't know, unless we have the spies and the satellites and the whole VOIA involvement thing...

Oh wait, we do wink.gif

No, seriously, Starblaydia largely regards the Bekk as our own little pond and, though aware we have to share it with the likes of Legalese, Leorudo and Austerney, we'd be the big kid who pushes people out of the way. Your troop and naval movements would be spotted almost immediately, but obviously we wouldn't think little old you is planning to invade the only spare land in the western Bekk!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 08:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Oct 21 2012, 03:07 PM)
Of course we wouldn't know, unless we have the spies and the satellites and the whole VOIA involvement thing...

Oh wait, we do wink.gif

No, seriously, Starblaydia largely regards the Bekk as our own little pond and, though aware we have to share it with the likes of Legalese, Leorudo and Austerney, we'd be the big kid who pushes people out of the way. Your troop and naval movements would be spotted almost immediately, but obviously we wouldn't think little old you is planning to invade the only spare land in the western Bekk!

Heheh, yeah.

We would probally cover it by saying we are moving some troops to meet the needs of the CCS, and the LDI(Leorudian Department of Intellegence) would make sure the soldiers and drones operating the annexation are briefed to the minimum when it comes to why we are carrying out such a large population.

My only struggle with all of this is how am I going to get the population to fill all of this?

Answer: I'm going to have to ally with overpopulated nations.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 11:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

Not counting the fact that Starblaydia is the Big Dog of this arena and the fact that he considers the Bekk his own private little bathing pool I can see very little about your initial idea that would provoke much attention.

Phase One quite literally makes sense provided the fact that Austenersey claimed all around you before you could expand. And Phase Two will not draw much attention. I mean who would really want that piece of landlocked wasteland (just being descriptive. It might be quite beautiful) anyway.

Phases Three through Five will most definitely start that war you talked of. That would give you a land claim that you would need my army to hold and a large coastline in Starblaydi dominated waters. Even the CCS, if you are accepted, would be hard-put to justify the need for that part of the claim with available ports already in Savski Venac.

As far as the final phase goes. Good luck with nearly anyone in not stopping you from having portage in both the Neyman Straight and Vilitan Cove.

Anywho, this is all OOC and the IC part of me will love to see how things unfold
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 03:48 AM

I really want to see this.

"Sire, Leorudo has begun to annex Lake Bekk, with his ship and both of his tanks."

"What? He can't do that, it's suicide! It'll bring us to full scale war with Starblaydia! Which would be terrible! And also, fantastic! Oh, I hate that beautiful idiot genius! Get me my peace sword and my war charters!"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 05:54 AM

Obviously by the time you're at phase 5 you're the size of the largest nations in the region, given that you're based around a mountain, you certainly wouldn't have the troops or people to fill all that particular lebensraum. ASMV was pretty close on what my IC reaction would be, so here's how I'd see it going down.

Phase 1 is probably a realistic yet worrying goal, in terms of Starblaydia not starting a war with Leorudo.

Phase 2 is pushing it, and would require the whole CCS to stand there and say to Starblaydia's government: 'Whatcha gonna do about it then, purpleboy?' for us to not start getting in the way and pulling triggers.

Phase 3 onwards is totally an 'up with this we will not put' from the big purple machine and would lead to much death and misery - this would also be far too early in my own heel turn to really justify action like that, although a plan is forming just in case I haven't done the transition there already. Perhaps this could make a nice backdrop.

So, basically, give it a try and watch the mountain get levelled when you push it too far - there'd be no sense in Starblaydia shipping everything to the far west of the Bekk when they could just splat the home base and leave all the troops stranded on the other side.

EDIT: Though you're fairly new to the region you've obviously been there all along in an IC sense, even when it was Footballia. As the White Lion is Starblaydia's national animal there'd obviously be some sort of mutual maybe-not-quite-respect for the tiny nation next to us, and we'd assume that exerting influence may be the best way to stop you going overboard (i.e. expanding at all) rather than just blowing people up for the sake of it. Starblaydia is supposedly a good guy (or at least not a bad guy) at the moment after all.

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Oct 22 2012, 05:59 AM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 07:41 AM

A proper, tooled-up war with ASMV & Falcania vs. Starblaydia on Starblaydi soil could honestly go either way, I think.

A proper, tooled-up war with just Falcania vs. Starblaydia probably wouldn't go well for the Skymarine, but there's definite room for war crimes.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Falcania @ Oct 22 2012, 01:41 PM)
A proper, tooled-up war with just Falcania vs. Starblaydia probably wouldn't go well for the Skymarine, but there's definite room for war crimes.

And they call me the bad guy blink.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 08:06 AM
PMEmail Poster

Hmm... Considering that your final plan would have us your direct neighbours, don't expect us to sit still.

Phase 1 - Meh.

Phase 2 - This would worry us, and put you in a bad diplomatic situation with Warkus.

Phase 3 - We'd be with anyone who wants to stop you, and will try to stop your expansion in the most safe way possible.

Phase 4 - You'd have to have a huge side supporting you to stop us from declaring war. At this point, alliances would have been finalised and our military would have improved a slight bit.

Phase 5 - Good luck with that.

Luckily enough, your expansion goals put Warkus in the perfect situation to create the alliances I need.
Warkus
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Oct 22 2012, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Falcania @ Oct 22 2012, 01:41 PM)

And they call me the bad guy blink.gif

Lesson 1 in being an effective bad guy is to come over as not necessarily a bad guy. Did you see the description of the battle in Snorth that one time we assaulted those insurgents? Pretty barbaric. We'd lose the war, but we'd burn down a couple of cities in the process.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 11:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

Oh, well this is certainly something, a landgrab that would provoke a war with a country I'm in a shaky alliance with in the first place. Yet given we're a sort of defender military, and this landgrab would constitute something of "destabilizing the region" it could just sure up the alliance between me and the purple machine. Glorious irony, genius, can't wait to see it.
Valanora
a.k.a Elves Security Forces
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 22 2012, 11:54 AM

Well, good grief, it looks like it's gettin' all Galactica II up in here today, and I'm not sure I've worked out how this has happened.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0216 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->