Start new topic
1914 To 1945
Posted: Mar 24 2004, 05:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

What do you think of that time period? currently im reading a short history of the period and it seems to be the most volatile era i have read about it my life, and will post my thoughts when ive read more.
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 01:23 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

for which part of the world?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 10:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

That era was the birth of the modern world. Either during or as a result every part of the world was afected. The US Became a super power, Russian Became a super power, Britian gave up imperilism in favor of the commonwealth, Germany was born, became a huge power, got defeated twice and split in 4. WInston Churchill became PM, The Royal navy was depeated to 2nd best, The map fo Eurpe changes beyond recognistion with the collaps of Austria-Hungary and the birth of new nations, The first signs of th European Union emerged, Countless scientific advancments were made liek Radar, Sonar, The Nuke, The Rocket, The Jet, Empire fell and natiosn were born from Europe to Austriliasia, the cold war began South East Britian faced the Blitz and expected Invasion, The atlantic battles gave birth to new tactics and the submarine proved its worth on both sides. And of course all those dead, for the cause of their nation and their belifes.
The Wars had more affect than anything past or post.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 11:26 AM
PMEmail Poster

yea it was volatile, but dont forget, in 1929 it was the American Wall Street Crash that affected Europe and brought hardship on millions. Germany was rebuilding itself after WW1, but America had to withdraw all its loans to Germany. Unemployment soared, and out of this came the promise of 'Work and Bread' from the NDSAP, or Nazi party. one thing leads to another, but if you think about it, volatility can be good, otherwise tensions would still run high between france and germany, and russia would still be communist.
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 04:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

ah yes all great things from the western world.....
Mitsune Konno
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 07:20 PM

Forgot to clarify, sorry, i was reading about Europe in that time.

I know some things about what happened in the East during this time, but im more interested in peoples views on the European theatre of it.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2004, 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Tachbe @ Mar 25 2004, 10:03 AM)
That era was the birth of the modern world. Either during or as a result every part of the world was afected. The US Became a super power, Russian Became a super power, Britian gave up imperilism in favor of the commonwealth, Germany was born, became a huge power, got defeated twice and split in 4. WInston Churchill became PM, The Royal navy was depeated to 2nd best, The map fo Eurpe changes beyond recognistion with the collaps of Austria-Hungary and the birth of new nations, The first signs of th European Union emerged, Countless scientific advancments were made liek Radar, Sonar, The Nuke, The Rocket, The Jet, Empire fell and natiosn were born from Europe to Austriliasia, the cold war began South East Britian faced the Blitz and expected Invasion, The atlantic battles gave birth to new tactics and the submarine proved its worth on both sides. And of course all those dead, for the cause of their nation and their belifes.
The Wars had more affect than anything past or post.

ah, Germany was split in two, and also, it was born in 1870, not during the timeperiod i was refering to.

i think that before ww1 there were 18 monarchies and 6 republics, and by the end, 13 monarchies and 28 republics. amazing.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0211 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->