Start new topic
Oliverry needs help for weapons!
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 06:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Minister of War, Roland Therrien, announced in a press conference today that 2 million of Oliverrians accepted to join the armed forces. "It surprizes me, but I think the fact the ennemy is Starblaydia made many people realize that we could beat them once and for all... with the good weapons. Our honorable president, Johanne Durocher, is not very happy about the fact we'll be going to war soon, but we have no choice, as we're in the SDL. And, anyway, the real governing parties are Option Oliverry and the UPOD and we still have the confidence of the Assemblée Nationale. Anyway, I also take the opportunity to announce that the Government of Oliverry is now asking for help to arm our soldiers. If any weapons company is wanting to help us to arm our soldiers, just contact my government. If any help is needed, we can also send some oliverrian experts to help achieve this process." He completed
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 10:09 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: Oli, Paladin Technologies is open to SDL and neutral nations. You can just go to that thread and ask us to make what you want, and then pay for it.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 26 2006, 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Oliverry @ Aug 26 2006, 12:22 AM)
The Minister of War, Roland Therrien, announced in a press conference today that... "I think the fact the ennemy is Starblaydia made many people realize that we could beat them once and for all... "

Chisoko Fumes At 'Axis of Cowards'
Ambassador recalled from Oliverry amid provocative controversy

Despite the appalling use of English, one thing is clearly ringing out from the upper echelons of the Oliverrian government and, by implication, the Strategic Defence League.

Starblaydia was outrageously classed as 'the ennemy' [sic] by the Oliverrian Minister for Surrendering, Roland Therrien, claiming that the SDL would soon go to war with peace-loving Starblaydia. The naivety of Oliverrian officials in international relations has always been known, but this comment is seen as an all-out provocation of the Strategic Alliance's most prominent member: a threat that war will come from the SDL, no matter what.

In response the Starblaydi Ambassador to Oliverry has been recalled from whatever stink-hole town they use for a capital, and an envoy is to be sent to the SDL Headquarters to attempt to find out exactly whether the so-called 'Defence' League has plans to tear apart the region in total war against Starblaydia. Weighing up the statement from Minister Therrien, Starblaydia has moved up its defensive alert status, as well as declaring the Federal Provinces of Oliverry as an 'Untrustworthy Nation'.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 26 2006, 11:10 AM
PMEmail Poster

Oliverrian president refutes what Starblaydians call "an all-out provocation"

Johanne Durocher, president of Oliverry, told the press today that she doesn't endorse the comments of her Minister of War, Roland Therrien. She said that the comment about "Starblaydia is the ennemy" was beyond the point. "I'm sorry for the Starblaydian officials Mr. Therrien did provoke and seriously apologize. I'm saying it publically, next time he goes beyond the point when it's something important, he's going to be demoted." Durocher completed. "I mean: sure, there are tensions between the SDL and Starblaydia, but this doesn't mean they're ennemies."

Speaking about the bad use of English, the president said that "Mr. Therrien's, as well as mine, mother tongue is not English. We were both raised in French and happy to be. And no, we are not going to surrender, a war should happen. Oliverrians are proud and love their nation. They respect it and want all the best for it." she finished.
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 26 2006, 04:07 PM
PMEmail Poster

Department of Defence Announces Surplus Sale to Oliverry

GRAHAM CITY - In a press conference today, Secretary of Defence James Keller announced that surplus military goods, running the gamut between assault rifles, body armour, tanks, and airplanes would be available for sale to Oliverry as they begin arming themselves. "They'll all be mostly second hand, a generation beind the current arms used by AFAS currently." A non-surprise, but still interesting point about the announcement is that the new tracked Longhamner MBTs, just recently put into service to supplement the shorter-ranged, slower Crawler MBTs, will be included in the sale, as opposed the Crawlers.

The Longhamners are named after a famous colonel who commanded the forces that saved Sarajevo during the Siege and the Allied States Civil War in the UMA. Guardian and Keller Arms (no relation to the defence secretary) have announced that they will retool three factories to help produce equipment for the Oliverrians to maintain the new equpiment.

This post has been edited by The Lowland Clans on Aug 26 2006, 04:07 PM
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 26 2006, 04:12 PM

Falcania extends the collective hand of Paladin Technologies in its ally's general direction.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0166 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->