Start new topic
AO U-21 Football Cup?
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 09:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

After the success enjoyed both on-pitch and financially by Lamoni in the recent AOCAF XVI, the Myrtannia Association of Football Clubs has decided to propose a new football tournament for the Atlantian Oceania region. This would take the form of an Under-21 competition for national teams, and would be held in the four islands that make up the United Isles of Myrtannia. Here is how the tournament would look:

Groups & Finals

In the case of 16 entrants, there will be four groups consisting of four teams each, with the top two finishers from each group advancing directly to the Quarterfinals.

In the case of 20 entrants, there would be four groups of five teams each, with the top two finishers from each group advancing directly to the Quarterfinals.

In the case of 24 or more entrants, the field would consist (minimally) of four groups of six teams each, with the top four sides of each group advancing to the Round of 16.

All knockout matches would be single-elimination, and no draws would occur in said matches (extra time, then penalties would decide the winner). In group stage matches, draws would be allowed. Tie-breakers in the group stage would be decided by goal differential, head-to-head, and goals for, in that order. If, for some odd reason, these tie-breakers fail to determine a winner, a special tiebreaking match will be held to decide one.

RP Bonus & Scorination

The proposed Atlantian Oceania Under-21 Football Cup would be scorinated using vssfree, using the most recent AO rankings. Style modifiers will be included, ranging from -5 (all defense) to +5 (all out attacking).

Teams that post a roster will gain an RP bonus for Matchday 1, as well as a small but permanent ranking boost.

RP posts will be evaluated based on length and quality, and will provide a maximum of a 5.0 RP bonus towards scorination.

Proposed Venues

Halosen National Stadium - Capacity 90,000

The largest stadium in the United Isles, it is also the new home of the Myrtannia Dryads national football team, as well as Halosen United of the MAFC. It features state-of-the-art facilities, and consistant pleasant weather for football.

Al-Zataar Olympic Field - Salahadin City, Capacity - 80,000.

Located in the technology capital of Myrtannia (Salahadin City), Al-Zataar is a field recently built to replace an old field of the same name. The weather is rarely unpleasant here either, as the southernmost island in the United Isles enjoys over 250 days of sunshine each year. It is also the home of the MAFC club Salahadin City.

Mitchell Technologies Field - Blackheart. Capacity - 77,800.

One of the oldest and most venerable stadiums in Myrtannia, it was built 25 years ago by executives of Mitchell Technologies, one of the UIM's leading defense contractors. It has recently been revamped and is ready for the hosting job of inter-regional magnitude. The Buccaneers of Blackheart FC call this field home.

Vanhaanen Sporting Complex - Vanhaanen. Capacity - 84,745

The oldest stadium in use for the proposed torunament, the Vanhaanen Sporting Complex is located in the central part of Myrtannia's main (or northwest) island. Home to the Vanhaanen MAFC side, it also has been upgraded and maitained well over the years since it was built.

Mari City Park - Mari City. Capacity - 82,500

Considered to be the most modern of all the stadiums in the United Isles, this stadium is located in the captial of the Scandon Island province (northeastern island). Only four years old, it is a major landmark in the top tourist spot in the United Isles. Home of the four-time MAFC Mari City Maulers, it is certainly a suitable spot for comptetition of an inter-regional level.

Skalatur International Stadium - Skalatur. Capacity - 72,370

Built ten years ago by funds raised by the city of Skalatur and retired MAFC great America McNany, Skalatur International houses that city's MAFC team, as well as the Myrtannia High School Football Championships. Constructed with the idea of hosting an international tournament in mind, it has been kept up to high standards since its initial construction.

In addition to all these details, MRH Athletic of Myrtannia will design special AO U-21 Football Cup kits for any participating nations who wish to have them. If you are interested in this proposed tournament, consider this the sign-up thread as well.

This post has been edited by Myrtannia on Sep 19 2006, 09:11 PM
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 19 2006, 09:22 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: Why not the current U21WC rankings? I demand my T-1st rank, dangit! wink.gif
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 01:19 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well, if I had access to said rankings, I would be able to use them. Unfortunately, the NS main forums don't seem to work for me, no matter what computer/ISP I use.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 03:49 AM

I'm not going to object to the idea but I think it's definately worth noting that there are probably more than a few nations who typically send their U21 to the AOCAF as opposed to a full squad. I thought you were going to bid to host the next AOCAF anyway?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 05:46 AM

I'd say bring it on, as we've lost the Under-21 World Cup on NS
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 02:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

I will be making a bid at the next AOCAF, but wanted to get some hosting experience beforehand, too. I realize that more than a few nations already send their U-21 side to AOCAF, but this was just an idea that hit me one day. Of course, if there's not enough interest, I'll just wait it out until AOCAF. Depends on how many nations are interested.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 02:15 PM

The 'latest' set of U21 rankings I could find, for U21WC21:

From here. Stuck in a quote box rather than a code box to put the AO nations in bold.

Fmjphoenix              13
Pacitalia              13
Starblaydia            13

An archy                10
Bettia                  9
Spruitland              9
Milchama                8

Jeruselem              8
The Footie Dream Team  7
Giant Zucchini          7
Hockey Canada          6
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega  6
Hypocria                5
Nedalia                5

Yafor 2                5
Cuation                5
Chicanada              4
Bedistan                3

Lovisa                  3
Tonissia                2
Jon Parkin              2
The Dugan              2
New Montreal States    1
Liverpool England      1
Schiavonia              1
The Belmore Family      1
Becquerelia            1
The Islands of Qutar    1
Oliverry                1

Rolatia                1
The Solar Association  1
PopularFreedom          0
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 06:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

Star that is horribly outdated. Oh yeh we sign up etc. etc. This is the most recent one I could find:

Milchama 15
Spruitland 14
New Montreal States 14
Pacitalia 14
Haraki 13
Bettia 13
Starblaydia 12
Giant Zucchini 11
Bazalonia 9
Lisburn Mateys 9
Fmjphoenix 8
Hypocria 7
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 7
East Lithuania 7
Jeruselem 7
Chicanada 7
Nedalia 6
Cuation 5
Nouvelle Angleterre 4
Bedistan 4
Becquerelia 3
Yafor 2 3
Liverpool England 3
CR Oscilloscopes 3
Iksonic 2
Schiavonia 2
Boudra-Boudra 1
The Footie Dream Team 1
The Resurgent Dream 1
The Islands of Qutar 1
Hockey Canada 1
Magnus Valerius 1

To lazy to highlight the AO nations but definitely a much better ranking for certain reasons which shall be made nameless
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 06:32 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, what the heck sign us up, I've never even bothered building a U21 team
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 07:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

Okay, thanks Milchama for the updated U-21 WC rankings, and Star for putting up the first set, too. It's greatly appreciated. The inaugural AO Under-21 Football Cup will be using the most recent NS U-21 WC rankings, then.

So far, we have the following nations signed up:
Milchama
The Lowland Clans
Myrtannia

Anyone who's remotely interested is more than welcome to sign up, too. The more the merrirer... or more chaotic. Depends on the sequence of events.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 08:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'd like to request to make sure that the U-21 and the regular AOCAF rankings are totally separate.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 08:32 PM
PMEmail Poster

might as well start building my U-21s
Demot
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Myrtannia @ Sep 20 2006, 08:43 PM)
The inaugural AO Under-21 Football Cup will be using the most recent NS U-21 WC rankings, then.

I'd personally object to using the NS U-21 rankings. The tournament went into the crapper for a while and is still on the rocks as far as I'm aware of, as well as no longer being affiliated with the proper NSWC. I don't think anyone should be subjected to be bound to those rankings.

If this is planned as a regular event, there would have to be a poll to determine whether it would be supported to include the U21 results as a factor in the overall AO rankings.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Myrtannia @ Sep 20 2006, 04:43 PM)
Okay, thanks Milchama for the updated U-21 WC rankings, and Star for putting up the first set, too. It's greatly appreciated. The inaugural AO Under-21 Football Cup will be using the most recent NS U-21 WC rankings, then.

So far, we have the following nations signed up:
Milchama
The Lowland Clans
Myrtannia

Anyone who's remotely interested is more than welcome to sign up, too. The more the merrirer... or more chaotic. Depends on the sequence of events.

I am of course participating, I was just curious as to what rankings we'll use. It's not going to be the end of the world if NS-U21 ones aren't used, but I'd prefer that since it took me godages to get there. wink.gif
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 20 2006, 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Pacitalia @ Sep 20 2006, 10:19 PM)
if NS-U21 ones aren't used, but I'd prefer that since it took me godages to get there. wink.gif

There no difference to you, you're the same rank in both NS U21 and AO tongue.gif

But, naturally, the AO Rankings are a far better representation of the nations currently in AO who would actually be participating
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0159 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->