Start new topic
AO Basketball Championship IV?
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 07:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

It's been a long time since the Third Atlantian Oceania Regional Basketball Championship, so I thought it was high time we held the Fourth. Unfortunately, several of the more prominent nations that participated in tournaments past have gone inactive since then. Therefore, I've compiled the most updated rankings I can from AORBC III, and invite any and all interested nations to enter for the newly renamed Atlantian Oceania Basketball Championship IV.

Teams will be primarily men's, unless there is enough interest in a women's division. The most updated rankings I can provide are:

Men's Division:

1. Lamoni
2. Myrtannia
3. Khazaron
4. Bazalonia
5. Nedalia
6. Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
7. Dorian & Sonya
8. Neu Amerika (Dead)
9. Az-Cz
10. Quakmybush

Women's Division:

1. Dorian & Sonya
2. Myrtannia
3. Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
4. Quakmybush
5. Neu Amerika (Dead)

Ideally, I'd like to have at least eight participant nations for AOBC IV, which would give us two groups of four teams each. Any questions just feel free to ask.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 17 2006, 09:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Dribbling Bazalopes sign up again
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 18 2006, 02:37 AM
PMEmail Poster

If it happens, 95X would love to send both a men's and a women's team.

BTW, I was going to post an RP about wanting to send teams, but stopped when I realized I was at 3,190 bytes - and I wasn't even halfway through! blink.gif

(In case anyone is wondering, Scottfire doesn't have sports, just executions.)
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 18 2006, 03:00 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Gnomes would love to compete again, hopefully finding a victory this time around.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 18 2006, 03:39 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The Lamonian Hawks would love to participate.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 18 2006, 11:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

Milchama sign up and hope to find somebody tall in time to play.
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 18 2006, 05:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

You can sign up the Republic of Ereeland for both men's and (if there is one) women's.
Ereeland
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 18 2006, 08:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

we're in.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 19 2006, 01:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Alright, here's our list of participants thus far - first the 'definite' men's division entrants (regional ranking in parenthesis):

Myrtannia (2)
95X (--)
Bazalonia (4)
Az-Cz (9)
Lamoni (1)
Milchama (--)
Ereeland (--)
Nedalia (5)

That makes the minimum requirement for men's teams, which means we will have AOBC IV. Any other interested nations are more tha welcome to sign up, and are encouraged to do so.

The potential women's division, if we get one more team, looks like this so far:

Myrtannia (2)
95X
Ereeland

Deadline for all signups for AOBC IV will be 10 pm PST on Friday, December 22, 2006. Group draw and scheduling will take on Saturday morning, with the first games scorinated on Tuesday, December 26 at 10 pm PST.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2006, 05:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Dribbling Bazzettes (female team) will join should the fourth spot remain unfilled.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 20 2006, 12:37 AM
PMEmail Poster

Will there be a separate RP and/or roster thread after Friday, or if I have an RP about sending the team should I just post it?
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 20 2006, 01:45 AM
PMEmail Poster

There will be a different thread from the sign-up thread. Whether it will be a combined Rp-Roster thread or there will be different RP and Roster threads I dunno. But they will be created by the host. Wait for the RP thread to be made before actually RPing anything.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 23 2006, 01:06 AM
PMEmail Poster

Alright, the deadline for signups has passed, so the entrants are finalized now. I will be doing the group draw and schedule immediately after this post, to ensure it gets done. Tomorrow morning's going to be busy for me. However, scorination will still begin at 10 pm PST on Tuesday, unless particpants wish for an extra day in which to put up an RP post.

As for the RP/Roster threads, there will be one combined thread for both. There will also (as usual) be a separate schedule and scorination thread. Thanks for entering AOBC IV, and good luck!
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->