Start new topic
Myrtannia AOCAF XVIII Host Bid
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 10:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

After just barely losing the hosting bid vote (by one vote) four years ago, the Myrtannia Association of Football Clubs, AKA the MAFC, is now prepared to make a renewed bid at hosting the region's longest running sporting competition.

user posted image

Scorination & RP Bonus

Myrtannia's AOCAF XVIII will be scorinated using the vssfree scorinator developed by Vilita. Participating nations can select a style modifier from -5 (all defense) to +5 (all-out attacking), which contributes toward scorination to a degree. The most recent AOCAF rankings will be used, with newcomers at a base 1.00 ranking number, and new puppets at 0.50. Nations that post a roster will receive a small but permanent bonus to their regional ranking number.

RP posts will be allowed before each match day, with each match day having an RP cutoff time to allow for bonus totaling and then scorination. The RP bonus will be calculated on terms of quality and originality, and be awarded a bonus of up to 5.0 towards the day's scorination. Posts that are longer than just one paragraph or a few sentences are more likely to recieve a higher RP bonus.

Myrtannia's AOCAF XVIII matches will all be scorinated by a third party.

Group Stage & Knockouts

If no other nations sign up for AOCAF XVIII, the 19 participating nations will be organized into four groups. Three groups of five teams, and one group of four. Each team will face each other team in their group once during the group stage. The top two finishers from each group will advance directly to the Quartefinals, from which the tournament will be simple single elimination. If there is enough popular support, this field can be expanded to include a Round of 16.

This Round of 16, if requested by a majority of participants, would feature the top four finishers from the five-nation groups, the top three from the four-nation group, and the next best finisher thereafter.

If one more nation signs up to round the field out at 20 nations, there will be four groups of five nations each. In the case of 20 nations, there would be an additional knockout Round of 16 in order to provide less experienced AOCAF nations with knockout experience. This would mean that the top four teams from each group would go to the Round of 16, from which the tournament would be single elimination.

In either case, group stage matches will be allowed to conclude in draws, while knockout matches will be decided by Extra Time, and then penalties.

Ties in group standings will be resolved by (in order) goal differential, head to head, goals for, and goals against. In the rare case of a perfect tie (i.e. no tie breakers resolve the deadlock), a special playoff match will be held between the two nations to allow decide the winner of the tie.

Venues

Halosen National Stadium - Capacity 90,000

The largest stadium in the United Isles, it is also the new home of the Myrtannia Dryads national football team, as well as Halosen United of the MAFC. It features state-of-the-art facilities, and consistant pleasant weather for football.

Al-Zataar Olympic Field - Salahadin City, Capacity - 80,000.

Located in the technology capital of Myrtannia (Salahadin City), Al-Zataar is a field recently built to replace an old field of the same name. The weather is rarely unpleasant here either, as the southernmost island in the United Isles enjoys over 250 days of sunshine each year. It is also the home of the MAFC club Salahadin City.

Mitchell Technologies Field - Blackheart. Capacity - 77,800.

One of the oldest and most venerable stadiums in Myrtannia, it was built 25 years ago by executives of Mitchell Technologies, one of the UIM's leading defense contractors. It has recently been revamped and is ready for the hosting job of inter-regional magnitude. The Buccaneers of Blackheart FC call this field home.

Vanhaanen Sporting Complex - Vanhaanen. Capacity - 84,745

The oldest stadium in use for the proposed torunament, the Vanhaanen Sporting Complex is located in the central part of Myrtannia's main (or northwest) island. Home to the Vanhaanen MAFC side, it also has been upgraded and maitained well over the years since it was built.

Mari City Park - Mari City. Capacity - 82,500

Considered to be the most modern of all the stadiums in the United Isles, this stadium is located in the captial of the Scandon Island province (northeastern island). Only four years old, it is a major landmark in the top tourist spot in the United Isles. Home of the four-time MAFC Mari City Maulers, it is certainly a suitable spot for comptetition of an inter-regional level.

Skalatur International Stadium - Skalatur. Capacity - 72,370

Built ten years ago by funds raised by the city of Skalatur and retired MAFC great America McNany, Skalatur International houses that city's MAFC team, as well as the Myrtannia High School Football Championships. Constructed with the idea of hosting an international tournament in mind, it has been kept up to high standards since its initial construction.

Locke Field - Lahar. Capacity - 74,443

Newly added to the venue list for the AOCAF XVIII bid, Locke Field is home to the Lahar MAFC club. At just over twenty years old, it's neither very old or very young in terms of structues. However, the MAFC and members of the Lahar club paid considerable amounts of money to revamp and update Locke. Now, it's in the best condition it's been in since it first opened, and is ready to host the region.

Toyotomi Motors Field - Portland, Ebhoy Province. Capacity - 51,324.

Comparatively smaller than the other stadia approved for use in Myrtannia's AOCAF XVIII, the relatively new field in Portland is a favorite of Myrtannian footballers. The domed stadium ensures that Portland's trademark rainy weather won't dampen the spirits of teams competing inside Toyotomi Motors Field. While not as state-of-the-art as Halosen National or Mari City Park, it's still quite modern as well. The Toyotomi Motors company paid for the bulk of construction fees, and has maintained it to high standards. It is also home to the Portland Lumberjacks, one of the expansion franchises in the MAFC four years ago, and before that served as the site for the MAFC title game six years in a row, as well as collegiate level competition and MGL (gridball) games.

In addition to all of this, the MAFC, in cooperation with Virtual Arts - Myrtannia's top selling video game designer - will give a copy of their newly released AOCAF XVIII video game for the Degenetron 270 system to all players on each and every participating nation's team. You can play it, but also use it as a coaster, tree decoration, or frisbee!

This post has been edited by Myrtannia on Jan 3 2007, 10:55 PM
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 4 2007, 12:01 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Do you feel you will be able to succesfully host both AOCAF and AORBC?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 4 2007, 02:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Absolutely. By the time AOCAF XVIII starts, AOBC IV will be completed. So there will be no conflict of time for me. My plan is for AOBC to conclude over the weekend, while I will do the group draw and schedule on Saturday or Sunday, or whenever the voting has concluded on the host bids for this AOCAF.

After posting the group draw and schedule, I would allow participating nations 48 hours in which to post rosters and initial RP posts (toward Match Day One). In this scenario, if the group draw and schedule is posted on Saturday or Sunday, the earliest scorination would take place would be Monday or Tuesday.

If elected host, I will be punctual for every scorination date and time.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 4 2007, 02:48 AM

I hate to bring this up, but I have a concern with a certain aspect of your hosting. It seems to me that every time you host something the Myrtannian team have done extremely well, even if they're not a high seed. Can you explain this as part of the scorination, and thus, can we trust your integrity as a host?

Otherwise, you have my support to host.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 4 2007, 03:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

Ah, I was wondering if this question was going to be raised. The majority of the tournaments I've hosted have been basketball - AORBC/AOBC. The first tournament was RP-based for scorination, and rankings based on the first tournament's ending placements. That meant no official ranking/seeding for the first one around. Some of the jumping around in the upper rankings (by my teams) was due to nations who'd participated in the tournament previously leaving, and the teams below it jumping up to fill the void. Of late, this has meant only a handful of ranked nations being mixed with another handful of newcomers.

I think part of the reason that my teams have done well in that is that the AOBC scorination is influenced more by RP posts than, say, vssfree. That translates into more activity bringing about more success, normally. But not always. One tournament I lost twice in a row in the playoffs and didn't win anything worth crowing about. The scores themselves can get very random, more so than a vssfree.

It's not a perfect system, and I've been doing the best I can to fix it so that the playing field is more level.

Unfortunately, it also depends on the nation I ask to do scorination for my games.

This leads me to the only football tournament I hosted, in which Neu Amerika scorinated my matches. I was shocked at how well my team did, as I didn't expect to get very far despite posting and whatnot. I've now come to suspect that there may have been some tinkering by Neu Amerika to possibly curry favor with me. When I took this up with him, he didn't seem to have a straight answer or even excuse for why I ended up doing so well, even against teams that I normally would have lost against.

Another hint that he might've had something to do with it is that the only AORBC I've won was the one he hosted. Which is why when he offered to host one in the future, I turned down the offer.

It was a mistake to have him scorinate for me, and one I will not make again.

Because of this, I've removed the 'AO U21 Cup Champion' title from my signature - I can't be sure that it truly was fairly won. However, I have learned from the mistake of trusting the former Neu Amerika player with scorinating my matches. Impartiality is a big thing with this, and because of that someone with a better standing reputation should be the one to scorinate my matches from now on.

As such, I will be asking Lamoni or Vilita to scorinate my AOCAF XVIII matches, to ensure complete impartiality on the part of the third party scorinator.

This post has been edited by Myrtannia on Jan 4 2007, 03:34 AM
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 4 2007, 05:02 PM

Just one note. If you are going to have me scorinate your matches, it'd be better to have me do them later, as I have a lot of late shifts upcoming.

(Stupid Wal-mart uses computer software that calculates when customers show up, and assigns people based on that. Good for customers, but no stable schedule for the working schleps.)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 4 2007, 09:39 PM
PMEmail Poster

That works fine for me. At least I know I can trust you with the scorination. Late night scorination that's trustworthy beats out earlier evening scorination that isn't.

(And yes, I know the pains of working retail. While not for Walmart, I did work for Target for the better part of a year and a half. They did the same kind of scheduling by computer and messed everyone's schedules up on top of everything else.)
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 5 2007, 03:02 AM

Good.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0189 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]