Start new topic
Az-cz AOCAF XVIII Bid thread
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 10:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

Scorination & RP Bonus

Like Myrtannia I plan on using vssfree by Vil. Participating nations can select a style modifier from -5 (all defense) to +5 (all-out attacking), which contributes toward scorination to a degree. The most recent AOCAF rankings will be used, with newcomers at a base 1.00 ranking number, and new puppets at 0.50. All of that is the same in both bids.

As for RP bonus I plan on using a system of declining relevance to RP bonuses, such that each RP isn't restricted to just affecting the outcome of the next day, but carries over. I won't be adding the roster into the ranking, but rather into all of the RP bonuses.

As per usual, I will request that someone else scorinate all of my matches.

Tournament Setup

I plan on having 20 competing teams in 4 groups of 5, similar to last cup. However there will be no bye weeks. Each team will be seeded 1,2,3,4,5 based on their AOCAF rankings. Each seed line will miss their group game at the same time and play one intergroup game that does count towards their standings.

For example

Let's say Group A is seeded

1. Starblaydia
2. Hypocria
3. Bazalonia
4. Az-cz
5. Quakmybush

And Group B is seeded

1. Lamoni
2. Bedistan
3. Milchama
4. Demot
5. Ereeland

Then one day's schedule might look like

Group A
Hypocria v Bazalonia
Az-cz v Quakmybush

Group B
Bedistan v Milchama
Demot v Ereeland

Intergroup Matches
Starblaydia v Lamoni

I believe this evens out the schedules for all teams and makes for a more interesting competition. In this format Az-cz will be treated as their ranking would indicate, rather than recieving a top seed, as is often the case for hosts.

From each group the top 2 teams would advance to the quarterfinals. The quarterfinals would than proceed as usual. Ties in group standings will be resolved by (in order) goal differential, goals for, head to head and goals against. Should that not break the tie, the teams will be compared against each other, with their intergroup match removed. I find it incredibly unlikely that would fail to break a tie, but in the case that it does the method for breaking the ties will be to compare results against the best non-tied team in the group.

Other Notes

We believe that it is time for Az-cz to host a non-Kleptochase international event. No disrespect intented to Myrtannia, but they have already had a chance to host many events in Atlantian Oceania, such as the Atlantian Oceania Basketball Championship and the recent Under-21 Championships.

Venues

Each team will be assigned a home stadium for the group stage. It is possible that multiple teams will share "home stadiums" but no team in the same group will share home stadiums.

(Stadium name - City)

Burlock Castle - Mil-Bax.

Burlock Castle is one of the most popular stadiums in all of Az-cz. With brilliant design the stadium really does feel like a historical castle. Home to the -League's Burlock Jester's it is quite an imposing place for first time visitors. Mil-Bax is also Az-cz's second largest city. As such there are plenty of options available for visitors there.

Darzog Tower - Ji-Wa Town

Named after a supposed legendary magician, the stadium has been designed to feel both like a tower and a feeling of magic. And to fit its name the stadium actually does sit much more vertical than most stadiums. However the architects thought very carefully about how to preserve sight and safety, so it is actually a fine if unusual fan experience.

Slimes Stadium - Az-cz City

This stadium is located in Az-cz City, the capital of the nation. The stadium is both the biggest and most luxurious in Az-cz. As the Slimes are one of the most popular and most powerful teams in the nation they have a very fine stadium. Being located in the capital also allows for many perks that smaller cities can't provide.

Temple of Yak - Jex-Kia

The Temple of Yak has been purposefully designed to have a feeling of grunginess and spookiness, to fit the recorded evil nature of the clerics the team that plays here are named after. We encourage any teams hosted here to try to turn that to their benefit.

Golem Goliseum - Port Mid-Mjr

With a focus on rock exterior the stadium is designed to give a very solid feel. Port Mid-Mjr is a beautiful sea side city and the Goliseum is just a short streetcar ride to the pier, so any fans lucky enough to visit their will be provided a wonderful experience.

Knights Coliseum - Es-Ef

Home to the Yang Knights, the most succesful team in -League history, Knights Coliseum is a top notch stadium. With the greatest history of all -League teams this is a great place to learn about Az-czid football, for those who are interested. The Az-czid Football Hall of Fame is also located in Es-Ef and fans are encouraged to visit there.

Mile High Stadium - Pel-Ma

This is the only elevated stadium in the nation. Mile High Stadium is also known simply as "The Clouds" in honor of the team, the Cloud Harpies. This city is in the only real mountain range in Az-cz and does indeed sit a mile high. This elevation can provide an advantage to teams that are used to it.

Ben-Degly Pagoda - Fort Ben-Degly

As one might expect the architecture here has a strongly Japanese flavor. The name Fort Ben-Degly is somewhat misleading, as rather than being a military city, it is home to one of Az-cz's largest international populations. The international flavor of the city will certainly make any fans visiting feel quite comfortable.

Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->