Start new topic
The King Is Dead
Posted: Sep 11 2015, 07:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

Tristan Octavius, King of Krytenia, had had a good innings. He'd inherited the nation from his father, he'd rebuilt relations with Starblaydia - it probably helped that the Lord-Protector nowadays is half-Krytie - and the nation had been peaceful and prosperous.

The one thing that hadn't improved was his recent health.

Being old does that, you see. Things start to fail, and once one bit goes, the rest start to follow. The doctors had said he had weeks, maybe days left.

Tristan sat up in bed, his grand-daughter, Violetta, by the bedside.

"Vi, my little princess. You have a long life, a long future ahead of you. I am deeply sorry your father is not here to see what you have become; if I could have taken his illness with my own, I would. I suppose I will join him soon though. You know why you are here?"

Violetta nodded sagely. Though only twenty years of age, she had been groomed for the day she would become the new sovereign since her father, Juan Pedro, had succumbed to his disease when she was a mere child.

"It is time, Grandpapa. I've been here a few days, seen you slip in and out of consciousness." Tristan's eyes closed. "I pray you wake up every time you do." Tristan's head lilted slightly to one side. "I love you, Granpa-" Violetta looked up.

"DOCTOR!"

It was too late. Tristan's body had failed him; the King was dead. Long live the Queen.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2015, 06:58 PM
PMEmail Poster

OFFICIAL ROYAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The funeral of King Tristan Octavius shall take place later this week. Dignitaries from all nations in the region are welcome to attend.

(OOC: Let's get our regional schmooze on, people!)
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0234 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->