Start new topic
RESOLUTION: Fairness & Equality Act

So, do you support this resolution or not?
Yes, seems fair enough to me [ 2 ]  [66.67%]
No, it's not fair! I'm going home! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Meh. I don't care (abstain) [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Posted on Dec 3 2007, 04:18 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Fairness and Equality Act
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: SchutteGod

Description: The United Nations,

AFFIRMING the right of all people not to be targeted for abuse or discrimination based upon their gender, sexual orientation, or religious or cultural background;

RECOGNIZING the need for effective international anti-discrimination measures and additional protections for women and members of minority groups;

REGRETTING that Resolution #99: Discrimination Accord, while outlawing discriminatory practices by nations, may be interpreted as a prohibition of discrimination by governments only, while excluding discrimination by private groups, individuals and employers;

SEEKING to address the failures of past legislation in the area of human rights, much of which has been repealed on the grounds of ineffectiveness;

NOTING past affirmations of national prerogative on marriage and criminal-sentencing laws, somewhat limiting the scope of this remit;

Hereby enacts the following:

1. Unfair and unreasonable discrimination in employment, housing, education or access to services provided to the general public shall be prohibited by all member states, including discrimination based on a person's gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, skin color, language, economic or cultural background, physical/mental disability or condition, age, religion or belief system, sexual orientation or gender orientation;

2. Unprovoked violence against or intimidation of any person on previously stated grounds shall be a civil and criminal offense in all member states;

3. Nothing in this article shall be construed as to deny additional or stronger protections against discrimination and abuse already enacted by member states.

Votes For: 3,172

Votes Against: 1,379

[Delegate Votes]

Voting Ends: Wed Dec 5 2007

Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted on Dec 3 2007, 04:19 AM

Yes, seems okay to me. The Bettian delegate, he say YES!!
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted on Dec 5 2007, 07:44 AM

Well, after a long and heated discussion (snigger), the score stands at 1-0-1. Therefore, I will use Delegate's Discretion and vote IN FAVOUR of this resolution.

This post has been edited by Bettia on Dec 5 2007, 07:45 AM
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0148 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->