Start new topic
Ideas on New Map designations
Posted: Dec 12 2012, 03:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

Picking up an old piece of discussion concerning protected lands from the first page of the Map thread, I want to propose a couple of new ideas and see what everyone else thinks.

To quote Vilita… “The point being, This land has a 'story' behind it that any new occupant or neighbor to would have to be consistent with for the purposes of regional continuity…”

As regional history is important, I agree that these lands should not be open to just any nation wishing to make a prominent claim. However, I do feel that the region might benefit from the proper usage of the lands in question.

Therefore I wish to put forth the following proposal…

A. The lands of Tachbe and Sorthern Northland should be removed from ‘protected’ status and given the status of ‘uninhabitable’. This would allow for some form of RP usage of these lands without opening them up to new colonization.

B. Change the status of Eystrck from ‘protected’ to ‘semi-protected’. That way these lands could theoretically be open to colonization dependant upon approval from Vilita (in the case of Eystrck) and probably Starblaydia (as this was formerly West Starblaydia) and Vilita concerning Krytenia. Nations wishing to colonize parts of these areas would have to have a solid IC reason as well as a great sense for its history.

C. Create a new designation of ‘On Hold’ (as in the case of Cafundeu) which would allow a certain period of time, say 60-90 days, for RP invested nations to make any IC claims upon lands left empty by the removal of a prominent nation. Such claims would have to be a continuant of former RP or proposed discussion of events that would substantiate such a claim.

D. Wapakoneta. Rather than being simply protected, I propose we designate this holding to the construction of a sort of “AO League of Nations” or something similar. This would be considered neutral community property with embassies from all map holding regional nations. This would be a place for mediation of disputes (War RP and such notwithstanding) as well as a regional court where serious issues could be discussed and decided upon by one’s peers.

Someone would, of course, have to write up an official declaration for the proposed usage of Wapakoneta (which would keep its current name). Such a thing is beyond me to write at this point.

Let me know what y’all think.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 12 2012, 12:44 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ Dec 12 2012, 08:47 AM)
D.  Wapakoneta. Rather than being simply protected,  I propose we designate this holding to the construction of a sort of “AO League of Nations” or something similar.

You mean like some kind of Regional Council?
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 12 2012, 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Falcania @ Dec 12 2012, 01:44 PM)
D.  Wapakoneta. Rather than being simply protected,  I propose we designate this holding to the construction of a sort of “AO League of Nations” or something similar.

Which is what that land was used for smile.gif

Though, I don't think the name needs to stay personally, it just happens to be what it was called at the time the regional council took it over biggrin.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 12 2012, 08:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Dec 12 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Falcania @ Dec 12 2012, 01:44 PM)

Which is what that land was used for smile.gif

Though, I don't think the name needs to stay personally, it just happens to be what it was called at the time the regional council took it over biggrin.gif

That, or we've been going about it wrong, and should call the Regional Council the Wapakoneta - we can claim it's an ancient Vilitian term or something tongue.gif

I have no real objection to any of these, ASMV, in terms of better defining the areas we don't intend to change much. All four seem pretty much in line with what has been done before - after all, I don't expect anyone to even want to take Eystrck (Vil-reserved) or The Druidish Lands of Krytenia anyways. While On-hold gives me a brief moment of pause from a slipperly slope standpoint, it sounds pretty much in line with what has been done of late, to avoid situations like the one that led to you having to move, and with me acknowledging that I only kept mine because Star/TLC were borrowing it for RP purposes.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 13 2012, 01:38 PM

I agree with all those points, ASMV. 'The Wapakoneta' sounds groovy enough
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic