Start new topic
AO Open Wheel Championships
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 03:35 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Marquis places last in qualifying

Julian Marquis has not had a good championship so far. After suffering an engine fire on his second test lap, he has placed last in qualifying. Team engineer Matson Jade spoke today. "We'd told him to drive conservatively, after the massive engine blowout we suffered during testing. Since qualifying, we've had a chance to do a few more test laps, further tweaking the car. Julian's assured me he's going to be gunning it in the final race, so I'm looking forward to it."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2006, 04:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

Robert Anderson Qualfied in the middle of the pack, ranked 7 out of the 16. When asked about his position he replied. "I'm generally happy with the setup, quite a few of the setups are just sweet but there are still things that need tweaking but with my home course coming up, well just let's say I'm optimistic about my chances."

Robert Anderson's warm up circuits where just 6 hundreths of a second behind the Chacoran Kristjan Durant and sits in forth behind the Vilitian & Turorian and Milchaman teams. Wether Robert has a chance to take the number one place from the Vilitian and Turorian team we'll be sure to keep you covered.

This is Rean Dran reporting for BazSports AOMC Live!
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2006, 02:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

Bélair takes 3rd place in Qualifying session

After being a midfielder in practice, Bélair proved his capacity to make extremely fast laps after making a spectacularly fast first lap, being only 0.012 seconds slower than the Vilitan favourite to win the championship, Jericei Iobabao. After that lap, we were able to interview Patrice Bélair to ask him his impressions about this lap. "I'm very happy about this lap but, you know, we can do better in our second lap. I'm a little concerned about the 2nd chicane, that I could have been doing better, but this is a very nice lap you know."

Bélair's 2nd run was to forget, as he was stuck in the pits, his engine refusing to start. We have heard that the problem came in fact from the turbocompressor, which simply refused to work correctly. Bélair refused to answer our questions, but seemed very frustrated after he could not do a second lap.

After results were officially known, Patrice Bélair told us he was happy anyway to be 3rd and that it was a good qualifying position. He just hopes that the race will go fine and that he will be able to finish top 5.
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 31 2006, 03:31 PM

Due to a limited number of Garage Spaces at the racing facilities, the current Atlantian Oceania Motorsports Championships : Open Wheel Championships will be limited to 16 Nations. In light of the restriction of Nations in the field, the AOMC has decided that the top 10 Nations in the final standings will be guaranteed a position in AOMC II. Should one of the nations that finish in the top 10 in the Open Wheel Championships not be able to field an entry for AOMC II, then the position will be offered to the 11th placed team in the AOOWC standings, and so on down the line. Otherwise, Nations such as Hypocria who were unable to compete in the AOOWC I will get priority for the the remaining six space in AOMC II, with any remaining places being awarded to interested nations based on placement.

Just a note of change. In addition to the top 10 in the standings, The Nation with the best RP record will receive automatic entry into the next two AOMC's. Should this nation finish outside the top 10 in the standings, they will be given priority into the next AOMC for the at-large places as earned through their RP record.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 31 2006, 07:27 PM
PMEmail Poster

Az-cz Scroll
Lei-Laz
Aj-Ft

First the tires go, then the rest of the car

Rk-Mrs is having some serious problems with his vehicle as he competes in the AOWC racing forum. These simply reflect the problems all of Az-cz are having in the sporting arena right now. Following the Baptism of Fire victory everything else has fallen apart. The basketball team failed to win a game in the Atlantian Oceania tournament, the football team is struggling mightily in qualifiers for the World Cup and even in our own sport of Kleptochase we aren't doing very well, although admittedly we aren't sending nearly our best chasers.
Amazingly though, Rk-Mrs has been able to top them all with his level of incompetence. First in the opening race after making a good qualifying run he failed to turn in any result at all. He was in sixth place to open the race, and he fluctuated between 6th and 9th. However on the 16th lap his tires gave out on him and he was out of the race. This happened while sitting in 6th place and just before the caution came out.
Amazingly things got worse for Rk-Mrs from there. After doing his practice laps for the next race, his car was stolen. Now how a race car gets stolen from a race track that's about to compete without anyone noticing is quite a feat. You have to tip your hats to thieves, but it's definitely a set back for Rk-Mrs. He was unable to compete in qualifying because of his lack of car. Hopefully they will find his car or be able to procure him a new one by the time of the actual race. Either way Rk-Mrs seems unlikely to find points in the next race either.
As for the identity or whereabouts of the thieves, that is currently unknown. Officials suspect Az-cz residents as they doubt people from other countries have the necessary skills to pull such a heist, but can't figure out why Az-cz residents would do such a thing. As more information comes to light we will provide you all with the details.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 31 2006, 07:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

Iobabao Finishes Race #1 Sweep

Vilita & Turori Open Wheel Racing Team driver Jericei Iobabao finished off the perfect opening to the Atlantian Oceania Open Wheel Championship with a victory in the first race propelling him to the top of the table. In addition to the victory, Iobabao turned the fastest individual lap in the race, and led the most total laps over the course of the event, earning an additional bonus point for each feat and taking home the maximum even weekend total of 23 points to take an early 7 point lead in the standings over runner up Uzumaki Naruto of Fmjphoenix.

The lead was quickly cut down to 6 points earlier today however, in qualifying for the second race of the season. Naruto turned the fastest lap to earn the pole position for the race and one bonus point in the standings. Iobabao, second fastest only to the Oliverrian entrant in the opening practice session, made an error on his qualifying lap and was the slowest of all competitors who completed a lap. The only competitor not to complete a lap was Rk-Mrs of Az-Cz. Unfortunately, the team seem to have misplaced Rk-Mrs' racing vehicle. The Vilitan & Turori Open Wheel Racing Team have offered the Az-Cz team the use of their back up vehicle for the weekend if the Az-Cz team is unable to locate their race car.

user posted image Vilita & Turori Open Wheel Racing Car
Turori
Island Emirate
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 1 2006, 09:17 AM
PMEmail Poster

Key To Winnning is Simple, says Sorley

Cameron Sorley has got off to a pretty good start, after qualifying 11th for the Surfers Paradise Race, he then finished that way as well and gained 2 Championship Points. Yesterday he qualified 14th for the Phoenix Race. He said in an intervies that staying on the track and not crashing will be the most important part of the season due to the small amount of entires.
Quakmybush
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 1 2006, 10:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

GRAHAM CITY SUN - Sports Section: AOOWC Coverage

Tranafor Overcomes Bad Start, Takes Second

After several frustrating pratice and warmup laps, Julius Tranafor did not expect to do well in the Pheonix International Raceway. But after a disastrous start, Tranafor was able to take advantage of the poor driving in front of him to make several easy draft passes, bringing him up to 7th after just lap 15. Tranafor didn't look back, slowly eating up at his competition, before finally setting into 2nd place. Perhaps the biggest thing that helped Tranafor was his pit crew, whom shaved a full 10 seconds off of his time compared to first place racer Belair. The pit crew redeemed themselves after a horrible race in Australia. Both the crew and Tranafor said the main difference was much better pit timing and just good luck and driving.
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 01:17 AM
PMEmail Poster

Az-cz Scroll
Lei-Laz
Aj-Ft

Rk-Mrs avoids trouble to move up the standings

After a qualification that couldn't get off the ground Rk-Mrs looked to be in trouble going to the second race. Although he didn't turn in a great result he did end up moving up the charts.
The key for Rk-Mrs today was avoiding trouble. That's what did him in during race 1 and qualifying. Using Vilita's graciously offered backup car he was able to stay out of any serious trouble. He almost had trouble on lap 14 when he collided with Albina MacCullen of Myrtannia but was able to stay in control. From there he fluctuated up and down through the rankings but avoided crashing and finally ended up in 8th. Considering the past couple of rounds he had, that can be considered a very good result.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 07:22 PM

Iobabao back on top in Qualifying

After a clean sweep in the opening event where he won the Pole, Race and all bonus points; Vilita & Turori Open Wheel Racing Team driver Jericei Iobabao was proven mortal in a less than impressive Race #2 where the Turorian born racer qualified slowest of the cars attempting a lap, and only faught back to a mediocre place in the final standings. It may have looked as if Iobabao was out of the running again after the first practice session in Long Beach, but the Vilita & Turorian pulled it off, with his first lap being good enough for the top spot, but with one driver still to attempt after him, the sometimes dangerous Oliverrian Patrice Belair - winner of the previous race and second in the standings, Iobabao returned to the track for a second run and clinched his top spot with a blistering lap rounding the course in 52.214 seconds, over half a second faster than the second fastest qualifier, Chacor-DR's Kristjan Durant who wrecked on their second qualification attempt.

Geisenfried's Gunther Schwarz who was fastest in the practice session and favored for the top spot will start from the rear of the grid after a mechanical problem left the driver dissapointingly without a single attempt on the track. Many will be looking for Schwarz to tear quickly through the field on race day to contend up front with Iobabao and Durant for the victory.

user posted image Vilita & Turori Open Wheel Racing Car

CODE
1  Iobabao    - Vilita & Turori 52.214 +0.000
2  Durant     - Chacor-DR       52.793 +0.579
3  Fitzimmons - Casari          52.815 +0.601
4  Hatzeganov - Hetz Va Keshet  53.405 +1.191
5  Mrs        - Az-cz           53.744 +1.530
6  Sorley     - Quakmybush      54.253 +2.039
7  Aleister   - Xile            54.305 +2.091
8  Anderson   - Bazalonia       54.470 +2.256
9  Marquis    - Falcania        54.696 +2.482
10 Harrison   - Demot           54.766 +2.552
11 MacCullen  - Myrtannia       54.830 +2.616
12 Gashead    - Bettia          54.936 +2.722
13 Belair     - Oliverry        55.029 +2.815
14 Tranafor   - T/Lowland Clans 55.038 +2.824
15 Naruto     - Fmjphoenix      55.489 +3.275
16 Schwarz    - Geisenfried   -No Time-
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 10:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

Az-cz Scroll
Lei-Laz
Aj-Ft

Still using the Vilitan car Rk-Mrs does well in qualifying

There's both good news and bad news in the camp of Rk-Mrs. The bad news is that Rk-Mrs car is still missing. The good news is that he's still doing well with the Vilita car. Also the word is that some progress has been made in finding his car, although he might be better off without it.
In the qualifying for the third race, Rk-Mrs put up a nice time to finish in fifth place. Unsupringly Vilita won the qualifying again. It seems that their cars are much better than ours. In fact they've proven they're the best so far.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 3 2006, 12:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

Durant qualifies second, leads warmups
Kristjan Durant leads the way in warmups for the Long Beach race, the third of the season. Despite wrecking his car and thus managing only one run, the run was good enough to put Durant at the top of the timesheets. Earlier, Durant was able to pull off second place in qualifying despite suffering an accident on his second lap, thus only completing one qualifying lap.

Durant, who has come under heavy criticism at home over his selection, will race for at least three more races after Long Beach, the Chacor-DR team confirmed today. "Beyond that, we cannot say what will happen."
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2006, 10:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

Az-cz Scroll
Lei-Laz
Aj-Ft

Rk-Mrs car comes back; Rk-Mrs shows skill but it more of the same in the end

After turning in a respectable sixth place in the third race, Rk-Mrs car finally turned up. The identity of the thieves is still unknown as is the motive for the crime.
With his car back Rk-Mrs was excited to get back into qualifying, but turned in his worst performance yet finishing in 15th well behind the pack.
On race day he started out quite well. He was turning in quick laps and was quickly gaining on his opponents. He moved all the way up from 15th to 4th in the race, when he made a huge mistake, proving his true colors.
Despite having a bit of a gap between himself and Marquis behind him, Rk-Mrs took the first turn of lap 125 too agressively and lost control of his car, ending his day prematurely. That meant that all of his impressive work went to waste as he finished 13th, just outside of the points.
Once again we asked Tex-Mex for his thoughts. "I told you the kid's a doof. He doesn't want to become a target but yet he's the one who gets his car stolen. He doesn't seem to want to win, so naturally he's losing. It pains me to see Az-cz doing so poorly. If we're going to compete again we better find a better racer. I hear there's a young good racer named Al-Unsr, who might be able to give it a go. He couldn't be worse."
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 6 2006, 07:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

Az-cz Scroll
Lei-Laz
Aj-Ft

Rk-Mrs has another disappointing qualifying run, flips out

Following his silly crash Rk-Mrs tried to regroup during qualifying. It was clear that he was distracted and he was only able to finish in 9th during qualifying.
After the race he explained what the problem was. "I'm freaking sick of Tex-Mex berating me. I'm doing my best. I'd like that old coot to give it a try. He'd probably crash on lap 1."
When told of the statement Tex-Mex's response was, "sign me up, I couldn't do any worse."
Tex-Mex is quickly becoming a big part of this AOWC. Who knows where this will end up.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 6 2006, 08:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Tex-Mex press conference

Tex-Mex: I have been in negotiations with the Rk-Mrs racing team and we have come to an agreement with the team that I will drive the qualification and race of Belle Isle Park. The main point here is to prove that Rk-Mrs is really a magog like I think he is. I may not turn in a great time, but so long as I get zero points I'm doing as well as Rk-Mrs.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0213 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->