Start new topic
AOCAF 17 Bid
Posted: Nov 14 2006, 02:00 AM
PMEmail Poster

From the desk of Noz-Tf

Looking forward to our second entry into the Atlantian Oceania regional soccer tournament we had been expecting to have seen some bids by now. Seeing as how no one else as announced the details of their bid, we have decided to bid to host AOCAF 17. As far as details of the bid we are expecting one more signup to make 20 and host the tournament in 4 groups of 5. As we are not fans of bye days, each team will randomly be drawn one inter-group match, which will count towards their standings. We would use the home stadiums from a number of -League teams, definitely to include Slimes Stadium, Burlock Castle, Knights Coliseum, The Goliseum, and possibly others. As we weren't planning or expecting to bid for host there are still some details to be worked out, but we believe we could get things ready quickly for such a bid.

Noz-Tf

Noz-Tf, president Az-cz football federation

OOC: Krytenia, Myrtannia, get your bids together. I don't really want to host the AOCAF (this time around) but if no one else gets there act together I can do it. As far as scorination I will use Vil's scorinator he's put up on the internet. And I am serious about that intergroup match. But mostly I wanted to spur people into action.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 14 2006, 08:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

(let's make this a bit thread, why don't we? smile.gif )

user posted image

Krytenia's bid will be very similar to that of AOCAF 13. Twelve stadia will be used, with games in Everton City, Bradwell, Secklow, Avidia, Davisham, Aigburth, Bromham, Ousevale, Dereapolis, Stanton, New Osteria, and Dereapolis.

With an expected twenty teams competing, there will be four groups of five; in the case of only nineteen teams participating, one group will contain only four teams. The top two in each group will go forward to the quarter-finals, from where the tournament becomes the usual straight knockout format.

The CASCOR scorinator from WC29 will be used; the RP bonus quantifiers will be based on length, and rosters will count towards RP bonus.

Apart from that, please feel free to ask any further questions; please precede questions with AZ, KRY, or MYR if they are aimed at one specific bidder.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 15 2006, 04:27 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

AZ: What format do you propose for the second round - a straight round of16, or playoffs for the 2nd and 3rd placed teams to join the top teams from each group in the quarter-finals?

KRY: [pedantic] This is AOCAF 17, so why does your logo say 43? [/pedantic]
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Nov 15 2006, 07:05 AM

Thank you Az for taking the initiative and, as 1) you're not really wanting to host this tournament 2) Kry has a bid up and 3) Myr hasn't logged in to ns.net for two weeks, I would suggest making Krytenia the host of AOCAF17.

Opinions?
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Nov 15 2006, 08:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

Bettia: It would be top two straight to quarterfinals.

But I'm provisionally withdrawing my bid, with the provision being that Krytenia get things started reasonably quickly.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 15 2006, 08:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Az-cz @ Nov 15 2006, 08:32 AM)
Bettia: It would be top two straight to quarterfinals.

But I'm provisionally withdrawing my bid, with the provision being that Krytenia get things started reasonably quickly.

You mean Kry the Fixer. wink.gif

West Pasco
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 12:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

I live!!! Yes, I'm back online - RL took its toll on me for a while, but I'm back up and posting, so please don't just give KRY the hosting job by default. Here are the details of a Myrtannian AOCAF XVII tournament, similar to the style of Lamoni's AOCAF XVI setup, with the exception of ties in standings being decided by a more 'traditional' method. In addition, I would have Vil or another neutral party scorinate my matches for me. Without further ado, here we are:

Groups & Finals

Using the current amount of entrants (19), there would be three groups of five and one group of four nations, with the top two finishers from each group advancing directly to the Quarterfinals.

All knockout matches would be single-elimination, and no draws would occur in said matches (extra time, then penalties would decide the winner). In group stage matches, draws would be allowed. Tie-breakers in the group stage would be decided by goal differential, head-to-head, and goals for, in that order. If, for some odd reason, these tie-breakers fail to determine a winner, a special tiebreaking match will be held to decide one.

RP Bonus & Scorination

Myrtannia's AOCAF XVII would be scorinated using vssfree, using the most recent AO rankings. Style modifiers will be included, ranging from -5 (all defense) to +5 (all out attacking).

Teams that post a roster will gain an RP bonus.

RP posts will be evaluated based on length and quality, and will provide a maximum of a 5.0 RP bonus towards scorination.

Proposed Venues

Halosen National Stadium - Capacity 90,000

The largest stadium in the United Isles, it is also the new home of the Myrtannia Dryads national football team, as well as Halosen United of the MAFC. It features state-of-the-art facilities, and consistant pleasant weather for football.

Al-Zataar Olympic Field - Salahadin City, Capacity - 80,000.

Located in the technology capital of Myrtannia (Salahadin City), Al-Zataar is a field recently built to replace an old field of the same name. The weather is rarely unpleasant here either, as the southernmost island in the United Isles enjoys over 250 days of sunshine each year. It is also the home of the MAFC club Salahadin City.

Mitchell Technologies Field - Blackheart. Capacity - 77,800.

One of the oldest and most venerable stadiums in Myrtannia, it was built 25 years ago by executives of Mitchell Technologies, one of the UIM's leading defense contractors. It has recently been revamped and is ready for the hosting job of inter-regional magnitude. The Buccaneers of Blackheart FC call this field home.

Vanhaanen Sporting Complex - Vanhaanen. Capacity - 84,745

The oldest stadium in use for the proposed torunament, the Vanhaanen Sporting Complex is located in the central part of Myrtannia's main (or northwest) island. Home to the Vanhaanen MAFC side, it also has been upgraded and maitained well over the years since it was built.

Mari City Park - Mari City. Capacity - 82,500

Considered to be the most modern of all the stadiums in the United Isles, this stadium is located in the captial of the Scandon Island province (northeastern island). Only four years old, it is a major landmark in the top tourist spot in the United Isles. Home of the four-time MAFC Mari City Maulers, it is certainly a suitable spot for comptetition of an inter-regional level.

Skalatur International Stadium - Skalatur. Capacity - 72,370

Built ten years ago by funds raised by the city of Skalatur and retired MAFC great America McNany, Skalatur International houses that city's MAFC team, as well as the Myrtannia High School Football Championships. Constructed with the idea of hosting an international tournament in mind, it has been kept up to high standards since its initial construction.

Ebhoy Provincial Field - Portland, Ebhoy Province. Capacity: 80,000

One of the more modern stadia in Myrtannia, this structure is the only multi-purpose one in the UIM's bid for hosting AOCAF XVII. Home of the MGL's Ebhoy Fighting Fish (starting in season 18, at least) and the MAFC expansion franchise - the Portland Flyers. The acoustics in this stadium are such that even a mildly excited crowd will be able to generate a roar, while the rowdier crowds will be deafening.

Talaal Financial Field - Lahar. Capacity - 75,700

Less respected than the other stadia in the MAFC, Talaal Financial is nevertheless a stately structure that is middle-aged as stadiums go. Home to the MAFC's Lahar side, it has featured such players as Flo Krabel in its time. Its recently added retractable roof gaurantees that in the off chance of percipitation, the pitch won't be too badly muddied. Concession prices are also reputed to be the most reasonable in the whole MAFC.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 01:19 AM
PMEmail Poster

MYR: Is that 5 KPB bonus over the whole of the tournament? And is there a limit on the RP bonus on each matchday?
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Bazalonia @ Nov 16 2006, 07:19 AM)
MYR: Is that 5 KPB bonus over the whole of the tournament?

Please note that KPBs have nothing to do with the AOCAF, save for a portion of them going to make up your AO rank.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 02:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

BAZ - There will be a limit of a 5.00 RP bonus for each match, based on the post's quality and length, though creativity might factor into it too. Safe to say that a really long post isn't neccessarily better for a bonus than a shorter, better written one. At the same time, I don't want to see someone just post a paragrah and be done either.

And forgive my being ignorant, but I'm not entirely certain what KPB stands for. I don't believe I mentioned anything about a KPB.

If this is a reference to the rosters giving a bonus, then I suppose the answer would be yes and no. My plan would be that posting a roster would give a participant a small but permanent (for the tournament at least) ranking boost. It could also count toward an RP bonus for the first match day, if said participant doesn't post an actual RP post for it.

Hope this answers your questions, but if not, ask again and I'll clarify for you.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 03:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

Shall we get a vote going?
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 03:24 PM

You, my friend, are blind.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Nov 16 2006, 04:35 PM
PMEmail Poster

KPB... Stands for Kaza Progressa Bedistan, the two nations that put together the current ranking system for the world cup (though I do believe KP did the most)

I was assuming the systems analogous despite being used for totally different soccer tournaments
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 17 2006, 01:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ah, well if it's any consolation, 'vssfree' does mention the KPB ranking number at the top of the page, so now I know exactly what that means! Huzzah!

So as stated before, yes, posting a roster would give the participant a small, but tournament-long ranking bonus - even though this is the AOCAF ranking and not the full-blown KPB ranking.
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 25 2006, 01:17 PM

In TMK's roster post, he gives his team a style mod of +10 - I thought it was a max of +5?
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0203 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->