Start new topic
Regional Council - Results
Posted: Apr 19 2004, 01:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

Okay, I think we have the results from the poll.
7 For, 0 Against, 1 Don't Mind
And that?s 3 For its existing form and 4 For post-establishment reform.
Here?s a reminder of the charter. It has been agreed but talks on reform will start immediately once it?s operational.

RC-AO
Regional Council of Atlantian Oceania
The purpose of the regional council is to make region wide decisions fairly and to organise regional activities. It operates in inter-regional diplomacy but does not co-ordinate defence, it is not connected to AORDO.

The system I have chosen is actually based partly upon the UN security council, and a whole host of others. The framework allows for future expansion without major changes.

Due to the rapid change in the region the council will have 3 permanent members, 2 members that rotate around the region and 3 non-permanent elected members.

Permanent Members (PMC) - These members will include the founder and two others who have active in the long term. If these members were to disappear they would have to be replaced quickly. These two will be chosen by the founder.

Semi-Permanent (RMC) - These 2 people are semi-permanent due to their posts. One is the region delegate (same rules apply on the delegates post here as they do in AORDO) and the other is the AORDO chief who represents AORDO in the council. That is the only official connection to AORDO though the two units do co-operate in defence.

Elected Members (EMC) - Every month a poll is conducted of the people willing to enter the council. Each post will have one of 3 duties, what the duties will be will be decided later, in elections people will decided what duty to run for and people vote on the selection available to that duty.

PMC = Permanent Member of Council
RMC = Rotated Member of Council
EMC = Elected Member of Council

Votes
PMC - 12 votes each (36 total)
RMC - 12 vote each (24 total)
EMC - 13 vote each (39 total)
Total - 99 votes

Legislation
If someone puts forward a plan, for example it is to make a new regional emblem, exile a member or password the region. It requires backing of another nation, so the two members puts forward the proposal, people can argue changes to it but the people putting it forward can call a vote on it at any time. To pass it requires a simple 50 votes for it, minimum. If it fails the people submitting it can withdraw it or revise it and resubmit it. Votes have to run for a minimum of 24 hours, after that it can be closed. It is a members responsibility to check the forum to vote on anything. A vote can be put to all nations of the region if the council votes that they should all have a say. If the people are unhappy with their elected members a petition can be drawn up with minimum of 10 nations agreeing to call an early election. No one can have two seats in the council, for example the delegate ca not be elected to an EMC and the founder can?t head AORDO (stated anyway in AORDO charter).

1 PMC is in place.
all RMC's in place.

Can Vilita please appoint the two PMC's

Can we have candidates for the EMC posts
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 19 2004, 03:36 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Tachbe & Crystilakere are ineligible for the PMC Role or would that simply override the current status?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 19 2004, 03:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

clearly ineligible, no one can hold more than two posts and all posts should be filled to total the votes.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 19 2004, 03:54 PM

The Next User (Other than myself, Tachbe and Crystilakere) to respond to this thread will get the first PMC Post. The Second post will be decided following this.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 19 2004, 09:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

does the PMC post require UN status? if not, then im the first to post.

Plus i plan on staying... this is the most forum wise active region i've visited yet.
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 19 2004, 09:48 PM

Holy Saints appointed as first PMC. Any nations interested in the other PMC position, respond here or telegram/PM me and I will make the announcment later in the week. (might be worth logging on the main page)
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 21 2004, 08:42 AM

Nedlia would like to apply for the PMC.
Nedlia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 12:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

99 Votes, odd
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:02 PM

Tachbe appointed 2nd PMC. Since Tachbe already has a position on Council, RMC, Tachbe will be able to select a temporary replacement until his role has RMC has come to an end.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

Crystilakere, the votes are carefully work out to balance votes betwene people and the groups of people. These reaons behind it all, though I will go insane if I have to explain it. Basicly its to do with threasholds, and majorities and calculations and err stuff. I knew when I did it.

Vilita, You sure? by the looks I will be in RMC for quite a while. If you insit then I will give a bit more time for people to come forward.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:19 PM

Nedlia & Samonina have already Formally expressed interest in the role. I suggest that you might want to accept the role of PMC, and appoint a stand-in RMC, for the sake of order. There is no time frame for appointing a stand-in, as we should wait until we can get our new members integrated into the forum. I know Xile has had problems logging in
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:32 PM
PMEmail Poster

humm. I am not sure, as it would have the affect of duplicating the infuence of AORDO's interests on the council. I will take it so long as no one has any objections.
In the vent no one does I would take the PMC and appoint Sammonia to represent AORDO's interests in RMC unless Nedlia suddenly gets hyper active in AORDO
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:34 PM

That is exactly the route I would have been implying through our discussions. Of course, Positions on the council are always going to be subject to activity within the region. Should there be a stipulation within that Nations with increased inactivity may be voted off the council, by the other members of council, at any time. PMC votes would count above double RMC votes?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

So what we would want to add a clause stating that a council member can is he/she has been absent for 7 days and 4 members of the council approve the ejection.

Also I fogot to add in there that the electiosn for EMC's should take place every month.

These can be added once all members are selected and council operational.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2004, 01:44 PM

Sounds perfect.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3