Start new topic
OOC: How I intend to start this allianceness stuff
Posted: Jan 17 2013, 05:08 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, alright, it has been about a month since anything has happened, and right now we are waiting on Valanora. So, 72-hour deadline is back in effect.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 18 2013, 12:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

What the bloody part of it's been the holidays and there's been RL situations do you not understand? Leo, you've conducted this entire thing with a very loose leash that most others would have been snapped up on. Yet you've exhausted it with the behavior both ICly and OOCly. If this entire war/regional tension is going to be set up around you and your poor behavior, consider myself removed and all my posts redacted.
Valanora
a.k.a Elves Security Forces
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 18 2013, 01:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

What the bloody part of it's been the holidays and there's been RL situations do you not understand?
Oh, that was an acceptable response a month ago, but now it has been eighteen days since New Years, and I'm sorry but I have to keep things moving.
If this entire war/regional tension is going to be set up around you and your poor behavior, consider myself removed and all my posts redacted.
Okay, thanks for letting me know in advance, and I will move it along in peace.

Also, for everyone else, does anyone have an preferences on the next direction they would like the story to go?
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 18 2013, 09:54 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Leorudo @ Jan 18 2013, 06:59 PM)
What the bloody part of it's been the holidays and there's been RL situations do you not understand?
Oh, that was an acceptable response a month ago, but now it has been eighteen days since New Years, and I'm sorry but I have to keep things moving.
If this entire war/regional tension is going to be set up around you and your poor behavior, consider myself removed and all my posts redacted.

Also, for everyone else, does anyone have an preferences on the next direction they would like the story to go?

You don't have to keep things moving. There's no harm in slowing it down. Slooooow.

You're not going to get anywhere fast if you don't play ball. With everyone. Val included. He wouldn't be saying that if he didn't want to get a good RP out of you, y'know. Take some of it on board.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 20 2013, 07:04 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Leorudo @ Jan 18 2013, 01:59 PM)

Well,i think that this was a really good RP for starting a major reg;ional war,but i think because no one wants to be occupied or loose parts of his territory.tongue.gif I think this should continue its getting interasting,from my point of view we could start a war because more diplomatic talks are getting this thin boring,so to make this thing more interasting we need a spark for all that fuel that has been spilled.
Savski Venac
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 5 2013, 01:14 AM
PMEmail Poster

Leo, Leo, Leo

You must learn to calm down. Reign it in. Chillax a bit. None of us are going anywhere but sometime RL gets in a funk where all of this doesnt really matter. I know this is my forst real chance to get back going sonce before Christmas and Val obviously has similar stuations. Things might move quickly for a week or two and then be slow for a while. you just have to learn to ride the flow. Take time to evaluate your RP and make it better. take time to see where you have erred and caused OOC disputes and make sure you stay off those paths. Plan ahead. That way when things are rolling along you already know what you would like to come next.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 6 2013, 03:59 AM
PMEmail Poster

Stop. Just Stop.
There will be no invasion of land next to ours without a fight.

Despite having a defense budget of $0, we will go ahead with forming an alliance to stop the alliance.
Austenersey
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 7 2013, 02:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Austenersey @ Feb 6 2013, 03:59 AM)
Stop. Just Stop.
Agreed/"this."

I'm not terribly involved in much outside of the limited sports RPing I do, however there's RPs that have gone on for months that would take only days of in-character time. This is normal and really, we're talking about something that exists within our minds, depicted as different colored pixels on a map.

And there are some of us who'd like to remain neutral for IC/OOC reasons yet see this as a legitimate map claim, simply because it was well-documented and (to the best of my knowledge) nobody's done this in AO before.

Edit/add thought: Cold War. Lots and lots of exchange/not a lot of action.

This video may also be helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1V38hxYTAo

This post has been edited by 95X-Scottfire on Feb 7 2013, 02:58 AM
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 7 2013, 03:43 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Leorudo @ Jan 17 2013, 06:08 PM)
Well, alright, it has been about a month since anything has happened, and right now we are waiting on Valanora. So, 72-hour deadline is back in effect.

There is no 72 hour deadline. If you are waiting for someone to continue a story line, you might try TGing them to get a feel for what there next response is so that you can, offline, begin scripting yours.

Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 7 2013, 07:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Feb 7 2013, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE (Leorudo @ Jan 17 2013, 06:08 PM)

There is no 72 hour deadline. If you are waiting for someone to continue a story line, you might try TGing them to get a feel for what there next response is so that you can, offline, begin scripting yours.

In retrospect, I now see I should not have put a deadline on Valanora, and while it would have been fun to roleplay with him, he seems uninterested in continuing to be involved.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 7 2013, 10:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

Honestly, I'm not sold on this whole thing in general. Nothing about how you suddenly ended up with all these colonies is even remotely plausible, even with Falcanian funding, and this whole thing has been, to put it nicely, a -explicitive removed-show. All due respect to whoever decided you could get all these little spots on the map, but that probably shouldn't have happened without more discussion. If you knew you were going to want to expand, Leorudo, you shouldn't have picked a freaking enclave to set yourself - or set up a scenario where you'd end up with only an enclave, for that matter.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Feb 9 2013, 01:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Legalese @ Feb 7 2013, 10:18 PM)
Honestly, I'm not sold on this whole thing in general. Nothing about how you suddenly ended up with all these colonies is even remotely plausible, even with Falcanian funding, and this whole thing has been, to put it nicely, a -explicitive removed-show. All due respect to whoever decided you could get all these little spots on the map, but that probably shouldn't have happened without more discussion. If you knew you were going to want to expand, Leorudo, you shouldn't have picked a freaking enclave to set yourself - or set up a scenario where you'd end up with only an enclave, for that matter.

This, really. It was implausible from the start but there was a difference between putting a flag on an empty bit of land (or several), which seemed at least something to work with, and having overnight cities and navies and armies. I was hoping it might play out differently. More... diplomatically.
Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 9 2013, 04:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Legalese @ Feb 7 2013, 10:18 PM)
Honestly, I'm not sold on this whole thing in general.  Nothing about how you suddenly ended up with all these colonies is even remotely plausible, even with Falcanian funding, and this whole thing has been, to put it nicely, a -explicitive removed-show.  All due respect to whoever decided you could get all these little spots on the map, but that probably shouldn't have happened without more discussion.  If you knew you were going to want to expand, Leorudo, you shouldn't have picked a freaking enclave to set yourself - or set up a scenario where you'd end up with only an enclave, for that matter.
Maybe some of these comments stem from being here when Falcania tried to expand and kept getting blocked for inane reasons by Sarzonia (I feel the need to apologize to the RL world for Generation X, so there), when Falc clearly had IC and OOC reasons for the expansion.

He could've simply created 7 puppets with unimaginative names, wrote separate formulatic RPs changing the details, and poof, seven additional land claims in the same manner.

The Pazhujebu Islands is still on the map as Kagdazka and Pazhujebu, and those are very distinct, separate pieces of territory. IIRC another nation once had very distinct, separate claims as well around the 2006/2007 timeframe, which was also valid.

This does bring up some questions, though that could take the thread in a different direction:
1. What is the loyalty of each colony to the Leorudian government? Is this loyalty shared by every member of every colony?
2. What is the real security of each colony, for example, are the "dangerous" type of foreign nationals living abroad in them plotting their next move? What is the possibility that officials in these colonies can be bribed or even overpowered by partisans/rebels/foreign troops?
3. If the majority of IC time/effort/manpower is being placed in the colonies, does this make the Leorudian mainland more vulnerable?
4. The AO map is not full, new nations to AO seem to prefer asking for their own island(s), and some places have been vacant for years.
5. Otherwise I'd say "fire the ignore cannons," however these claims were accepted and placed on the map by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega, so perhaps the issue would be better taken up with ASMV if a majority of AO thinks the claims should be invalidated.

I still stand by my earlier IC/OOC opinion that this isn't worth getting worked up over.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 10 2013, 06:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

I am confused to as why you are upset. If you are looking at it from a plausible perspective, think that an overpopulated city expanded to corners of the region, building small towns for themselves until real construction could be done. If you are looking at from a territorial perspective, well, 95X said it better than I could.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0283 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->