Start new topic
Map Claims 2007-2011
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 04:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

The nation of Likkosios claims area 3. Something bugs me though. Do I have to RP as a colonising nation? Can't I just play it out that I've always been there?
Likkosios
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 2 2010, 09:02 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Likkosios @ Aug 2 2010, 04:11 AM)
The nation of Likkosios claims area 3. Something bugs me though. Do I have to RP as a colonising nation? Can't I just play it out that I've always been there?

I don't think so, considering you've just moved. However, another problem is that area 3 has already been claimed...several times, in fact, as you'll see in the thread. tongue.gif
Delaclava
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 2 2010, 09:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Sarzonia would oppose the requests for any nation except Delaclava for Area 3.

The Incorporated Sarzonian Government believes the mutual relationship between the two countries renders Delaclava the only acceptable nation for Area 3.

OOC: I would have a MAJOR problem with anyone other than Delaclava -- whom, I might add, fulfilled all the requirements for colonisation FIRST -- taking Area 3. He and I have already extensively RP'd as neighbours with him being in area 3 and with me being where I am.

I'd even go as far as to prepare for military action in the event another nation tried to grab that spot.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 3 2010, 03:09 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

On the other hand, Falcania would back any nation up to the military hilt on general principle.

I mean, I love Delaclava, but I've always disagreed with Sarzonia being crazy paranoid with his big ol' navy when it comes to his not-quite-sovereign-territories outside his own borders.

Incidentally, last time that happened, I got my damn island in the end.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 3 2010, 07:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

In case you've forgotten, Falcania, that was around the time I was leaving the game anyway because I had gotten sick of the BS that comes with it.

If you chose to back up someone else "on general principles" you could find yourself the victim of a massive nuclear holocaust "on general principles."

And don't think our nation doesn't still consider you hostile.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 3 2010, 01:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

Could I take area 8 then?

Also, about the backstory. Could it be that until about the 16th Century Likkosios was divided between a barrage of tiny states, some too small to be shown on a map. However, under treaty the states united into a single, functional nation.

I'm trying to create a realistic, modern country, and I find the idea of colonisation absurd for the era. Please let me use this backstory!
Likkosios
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 3 2010, 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Sarzonia @ Aug 3 2010, 12:43 PM)
In case you've forgotten, Falcania, that was around the time I was leaving the game anyway because I had gotten sick of the BS that comes with it.

If you chose to back up someone else "on general principles" you could find yourself the victim of a massive nuclear holocaust "on general principles."

And don't think our nation doesn't still consider you hostile.

Looks like we've already broken out the thermonuclear handbags. Falcania's traditionally only been hostile to overzealous paranoids. Once we've broken out of this whole "ridiculous dictator" thing and put a proper king back on the throne, we'll be right with you.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 3 2010, 06:33 PM

You know what, bollocks, I'm considering lodging an application for an expansion myself.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 4 2010, 04:27 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well, the Bears are quite happy with their islands... but I wonder whether it's worth claiming a [separate] space for the Armed Beers, too? Hr'rmm...
The Bear Islands
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 4 2010, 12:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

To add to the relevant discussion, there's a sentence in the first post of this thread stating that the map scale isn't determined, and each nation can decide for itself how much space their claim occupies. 95X deals with this issue by measuring the distance between cities using the "infinitum." For example, two of our largest cities, Pacific City and University City, are 1∞ away from each other. This is a computer game, so no 95X federal/state/local government officials question how each city is able to continue expanding without less distance between the two. When I find it, I'll post the rough draft map I did for the land claim a few RL years ago.

AFAIC, there's a lot of unclaimed space on the map, especially compared to regional history. And, as an open thought, anyone out there thought of doing a nation that's fully or partially underwater? That would take some RPing to pull off, like having the government and technology needed to pull it off, but would be unique nonetheless.

(Edit: Duh, this board software uses square brackets, not HTML brackets.)

This post has been edited by 95X-Scottfire on Aug 4 2010, 12:12 PM
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 5 2010, 04:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

To: The Leaders and Governments of Atlantian Oceania

"We hereby present our government, people and nation to the leaders and governments of this region. We extend our friendship to all nations and our hand in unity, so that we may remain strong and great, now and forever."

1) We have lived hidden from your eyes, in the darkness of the woods, more a collective of tribes than a nation. Now we have discovered the ways of modernity and we fully grasp the nature of the international world, we now know that for as blind as you were to us, we were just as blind of you.

It was not until the decline of the sophisticated peoples around us were we enlightened to the opportunity to grow, much of their buildings and infrastructure was in ruins, but we found these ruins were easily re-built.

The true peoples of Zegrondi Mahr have always been in this region but are happy to acquiesce to this simple request in order to be part of this multi-national community, there is so much trade and opportunity available now we have stepped into the mantle of civilization...

We bring to the table a new spirituality that many call Shamanism, though with our modern living this is becoming more adaptive to society and has enveloped aspects of many new-age beliefs to become neo-shamanistic. We also have many natural and organic trout farms, which we know will be the best bit of trout you have ever tasted in the whole of the Atlantian Oceania.

Many of us as individuals have travelled about the land, but with great difficulty, as our people have only recently accepted themselves as a collective nationality, we have no real border controls and are still trying to understand the need for identification and 'passports' - plus having been born in a nation that is not 'on the map', makes us feel ostracised and cut off from the rest of the world.

However, we are new to the games of sports and politics, with many buildings destroyed, and few people available to re-educate us to any real standard of play, we are below par in many games. To outsiders our native games of squirrel throwing makes little sense, other games are just as bizarre, like plaje - where we seem to randomly throw small bags filled with beans at each other.

2) we already inhabit most of the region known as 22, if anyone will dispute our native rights to this land we hope this will not cause a dispute ending in conflict as we have no true weapons of your technology. We will if need be fight with crude weapons, slings, bats and sharpened pikes... many of us now drive cars and we know what aircraft are, so we will quickly adapt before we die and intend to stay here, if we are in contention with some other peoples they will be hurt as much as possible before we give up our liberty, nationality and freedoms.

3) we do not believe to be in breach of any flag legislation, and we also have historic material noted in our factbook which has been submitted elsewhere. However, we recognise and understand your curiousity and would be more than happy to provide you with as many additional details as possible.
Zegrondi Mahr
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 7 2010, 01:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

Alright... with a new RP reduced population of 225 million we would like to take #21. I've already posted information about my country but just incase I will post a factbook post next
Mantwenic
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 13 2010, 07:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

Wow. Who is responsible for pouring through all this, placing nations on (or back on) the map and then informing the unlucky ones that they have to choose again?
Dorian and Sonya
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 16 2010, 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Dorian and Sonya @ Aug 14 2010, 01:46 AM)
Wow. Who is responsible for pouring through all this, placing nations on (or back on) the map and then informing the unlucky ones that they have to choose again?

That would be our resident Cartographer, Commerceheights, who we poke at every opportunity on IRC.

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Aug 16 2010, 03:46 AM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 17 2010, 06:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

Just to be annoying I'd like to put this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Mid...AsteldiaMap.png

Really, really close to Forgania? Like "English channel" close? biggrin.gif

I smell mega-project of Forganian Chunnel! Mwahahaha.
Asteldia
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (26) « First ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0223 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->