Start new topic
AOCAF Cup XXVI Signups
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 03:22 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The AOCAF Cup has been good to me over the years and it's something I haven't hosted since AOCAF Cup 4.

So for the centenary edition (going by the Starblaydi timeline, of course, as opposed to a Pacitalian one for instance) and - assuming someone useful in my timezone like the Kryster will scorinate my matches for me - Starblaydia will officially put forward a bid to host the 26th AOCAF Cup.

Now, everyone back to the Stadii Di Bradini for the after-bid-announcement party!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 17 2009, 09:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

/me signs up
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 18 2009, 01:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

West Pocono signs up!
West Pocono
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 18 2009, 02:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

well, I think Cafundéu will sign-up in it.
Cafundéu
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 19 2009, 04:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Mar 17 2009, 09:22 AM)
Now, everyone back to the Stadii Di Bradini for the after-bid-announcement party!

*crashes into the party HQ*

WOOHOO!!!

*looks around at empty tables*

Either this is the wrong building, or I'm a little late...
Allemenschen
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooTop

Posted: Mar 19 2009, 05:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

Krytenia redundantly withdraws offer to host.

Yippee!
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 20 2009, 10:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

Count 95X in!
(I'm actually surprised I did so well in 25, considering I didn't have the time/energy to RP or even post a roster).
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 21 2009, 06:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

NATIONS SIGNED UP (17/??)
Krytenia
Starblaydia
Lamoni
Edward City
Nojika
Pacitalia
Kosovoe
Hypocria
Allemenschen
Koseli Cumhuriyetler
Demot
Sorthern Northland
Bazalonia
Sarzonia
West Pocono
Cafundéu
95X

HOSTING BIDS
Pacitalia
Starblaydia

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Mar 21 2009, 01:15 PM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 21 2009, 03:05 PM

Norwellia is in for its first AOCAF ever!
Norwellia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 21 2009, 04:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

We is in.
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 23 2009, 07:30 AM

Okey Dokey,

With the AOCC up to MD6 (give or take), the Starblaydi AOCAF Cup centenary bid is as follows:

Ideally with 20 teams, though we can stretch groups around for any number, we'll go through to a Second Round (of 16) before QFs, SFs and Final/3PPO. Scorinated with NSFS 2.0.7 with a nice, large, RP bonus to better... encourage exciting RPs, rather than a series of one-paragraph match reports.

All we need now is some updated ranks from CH and ideally, one more sign-up.

I can wax lyrical about the 100 years (by the Starblaydi calendar) since the first AOCAF Cup, but that's best saved for the RP thread. Starblaydia have the history, the stadia, the organisation and, above all, the world's premier regional football tournament hasn't been held in Starblaydia for the last 22 editions, and it's about time it should be.

OOCly, of course, I should put my hand in to host once more - it's about time. I'll wait for the AOCC to finish, then get everything together.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 23 2009, 08:36 AM

Pacitalia, can we hear your thoughts on RP bonuses?

I love the idea of AOCAF in Starblaydia from an IC/RP perspective, because a nation with as much footy history as all that should host the thing more than once in 88 years. But OOCly, I'm not huge on the idea of a big fat RP bonus, because I feel it encourages a lot of contrived writing. As a published short fiction writer, I think I could bang out some pretty good stuff if I really put my mind to it, but I'd rather write a short newspaper article with a little bit of humor than a contrived soap opera between players and managers and the FA president. Don't get me wrong, some people's big dramatic RP scenes are really enjoyable, but when I make the effort to read through most long RP posts, I'm left with the impression that the person just banged out as long of a story as s/he could come up with at the moment to get a big RP bonus. I've even seen people write a big long thing and then say "There! 1000 words! That should get me a nice big RP bonus!" To me, that's not quite the point of the thing.

I'm well aware that I can RP however I want, but if I get to vote on hosting and thus, indirectly, on how RP bonuses are scored, I'd like to direct my one vote to the model which more closely matches my ideal. I'm not going to try to convince anyone that my way is right, so I don't want to start an argument in this thread. I just want to see if there's a way I can use my vote to bring about what I'm personally looking for in the tournament.

This post has been edited by Norwellia on Mar 23 2009, 08:37 AM
Norwellia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 23 2009, 01:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

What would a soccer tournament be without Bears?
biggrin.gif

So count this nation in, if there's still a room for it, although then I suppose we'll have to say that the 'contact' RP that I'll be starting this week would all have been completed (from an IC viewpoint) beforehand...
The Bear Islands
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 23 2009, 03:34 PM

I have decided to withdraw my bid to host the tournament as I don't feel that I will be able to devote my full attention to the job during a stressful period. AOCAF26 will fall right in my final exams period, so obviously I need to make that a priority.

Obviously I have full confidence in Star to host the tournament so I am endorsing him to do so for AOCAF26.

And, yes, I'll be back to defend my title.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 23 2009, 03:59 PM

I'll have the Roster/RP threads up in the coming two or three days (evenings only, really, as I'm out working from 6am to 7pm on Tuesday/Wednesday) then we can get started properly once the AOCC has finished.

Get your rosters ready!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0195 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->