Start new topic
Prime Minister Lavinsky Assassinated
Posted: Sep 13 2004, 09:59 AM
PMEmail Poster

ANN BREAKING NEWS

CODE

It has just been reported that upon his arrival at the Wapahkoneta Peace Summit, Prime Minister Aaron Lavinksy was shot.  Reports from the neutral ambassadors indicate that Xilian President Adonis Lauir walked into the room, pulled a gun, and rounded two shots into the Prime Minister and Chairman Davis of Kyrentia.

The meeting was being held in an attempt to find a peaceful resolve to the bombing of New Babylonia before the Olympic games commenced.  The meeting however, seems to have been a ploy to take out the problem at its source.  Upon Xilian request, the meeting was to be held between the main players in the South Cove Situation, in a vacant plain in a sound proof building.  The request that all armed guards remain outside the building was also honored, and hardly question.  The guards were found to be massacred after the retreat of President Lauir and Imperator Tiberivs Ivlivs Siricvs.

Under the Abattorian line of succession, Internal Affairs Advisor Austin Herring will be named Prime Minister for the time, and will be sworn into office within the hour.  No further course of action has yet to be reported.

It is a dark day for Abattoir, as a great leader, and man, fell to the hands of deception.

This post has been edited by Abattoir on Sep 13 2004, 10:08 AM
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 10:22 AM
PMEmail Poster

Rendition is in a state of shock as the news reached them that their neighbor and master region could fall under such an attack. President Katherine Garraty will be conferenced later in the day.
Rendition
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 02:59 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"Krytenia and Abattoir's Heads of State killed by Lauir?" said Lord-Protector Tiberius Starblayde as he read the report that flashed up on his screen. "He sounds like my kind of Head-of-state more and more every day."

"That's not funny, Tiberius." replied Lady Viannorr, his Intelligence Chief.

"Come on, Vi, you've got to see the irony," the Lord-Protector said, leaning back in his chair. "Lavinsky and Davis conspire to take out Lauir, pre-emptively, by bombing him in his own building. At the resultant peace talks, where Lavinsky and Davis go to plead 'oh all we want is peace and an end to this conflict we started', Lauir comes and re-paints the walls with their brains. They both try to kill him, and they get screwed. It's brilliant. I love karma." He smiled once more at the sentiment.

"But what kind of statement will we release?" she asked, getting back to the matter in hand.

CODE

The Lord-Protector of Starblaydia is saddened by the increased loss of life in the stand-off between the two sides in the South Cove Situation. He hopes that the blood shed by the two fallen leaders of the two nations will not lead to an escalation in this region. Both sides have suffered as a result of dishonourable acts, and he prays that peace can be maintained from now on.

Lord Ricardo Gomez
Minister of Communications
Protectorate of Starblaydia
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 04:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

Shocked by the recent turn of events, Honored Leader Elana Kain stood transfixed in horror as the two foreign leaders lay dead in the meeting room. She remained that way for a long while, her soft-featured young face the purest expression of the shock she was feeling. Finally, she shook her head and moved slightly closer to the bodies before wretching in disgust. Kain had never seen anyone killed in person in her life, and the corpses were even worse. Not wanting to stay where she was, she moved out, soon met by the Ainorpispan airborne troops who'd accompanied her into the country, but stayed out of sight so as not to give the wrong impression to the other nations.

"We've got to get out of here... back to Sarmatia," Kain finally said, and was hurried back to her vehicle, where her aide informed her of more dark news.

"Ma'am, the AOlympic buildings in Avid-Diord have been bombed," she informed her nation's leader.

"What?! By who?" the Honored Leader demanded.

"It looks like Xile's handiwork, ma'am... and it's worse... our sources show that eight Ainorpispans were killed as a result of the attack - the gymnastics team, their two coaches, and swimmer Winford Gretzner. What do you want to do?"

"Get our people out of there now, I have the feeling that this' going to get a lot worse before it gets better... if it gets better," Kain answered, then added, "Also tell the military I want them on the highest alert... and finally, let Sarmatia know I'm going to make a speech.."

*****LATER THAT DAY***

NANN brings you this emergency broadcast from the Hall of Government, by Honored Leader Kain..

"My fellow Ainorpispans, today is a dark day for not only certain nations, but the Atlantian Oceania region as a whole. In what was originally supposed to be peace talks to solve a pointless armed conflict in the South Cove region, the treachery of certain nations was revealed for all the world to see. This was undoubtedly the most cowardly act I have seen in my entire life - the heads of state of Krytenia and Abbatoir both slain by those of Xile and Novvs Atlantis. No reasons have been given for this, and we must assume it was only out of a belief that revenge was needed."

"I was in the room with the leaders of many nations, hoping for peace in our time, but that was not to be. With the deaths of prime minister Lavinsky and chairman Davis also comes the end of respect for our nation for those who would deceive their neighbors like this. The men responsible for the murders have commited a heinous, dispicable, and evil act that civilized nations should never stoop to."

"Tonight, I must also sadly report the bombing of Olympic event buildings in Avid-Diord, Krytenia. In the wake of the destruction, eight sons and daughters of our Ainorpispan motherland were slain. This is an outrage that will not go unnoticed. Effective immediately, all Ainorpispan athletes are being withdrawn from the Games, for their own safety. Similarly, all Ainorpispan citizens in Avid-Diord are being brought home. We will not let any more of our people be killed for a petty dispute that has gone far out of proportion."

"So tonight, I am asking the nations of the Atlantian Oceania region to join me in condemning the cowardly acts both at the Wapahkoneta peace talks and the bombing of the AOlympic structures. We demand an official apology and compensation from those responsible for the bombing of Avid-Diord and consequently the death of eight Ainorpispans. How can we begin to explain why they were killed to their families?"

"As of this moment, the borders of Ainorpisp are closed to all international travel. Our skies will be patrolled by the jet fighter-interceptors of the AAF, and any unauthorized aircraft found in the airspace in or around our nation will be shot down, no exceptions. However, in the spirit of international unity, the Ainorpisp Invitational tournament will continue as planned, but will be postponed until Wednesday."

"Though the times are dark, and evil acts have been done, the Golden Path will continue to shine on. We will protect our nation, our citizens, and our allies from harm, and will not use war as a solution. I leave you with a quote that is as true today as it was when it was first spoken: 'An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."

This post has been edited by Ainorpisp on Sep 13 2004, 04:08 PM
Ainorpisp
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 05:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

Former IA Advisor, and newly ordained Prime Minister Austin Herring sat in his briefing room, preparing to address his nation. He had expected that Lavinsky's trip to Wapahkoneta would come out sour, but he never dreamed his old friend could be decieved into his inevitable doom. The letter he had recieved from Xile had been somewhat of a mystery to Herring, considering President Lauir always speaks in riddles, but he somehow knew that he, himself, would come out on top.

He sat at his desk, and awaited the cameras to give the go ahead sign.

"Fellow Abattorians, this is a dark day for our country, and our people. It is with great sorrow that I must confirm the rumors that Prime Minister Lavinsky has been assassinated."

Herring allowed a few moments to let the news settle, then continued.

"I have recently been sworn in as the new Prime Minister in this time of turmoil, and will do the best I can to fill the shoes of such a great man as Lavinsky. It may be known that we had our differences in the past, but I shared a supreme respect with Aaron, and I not only lost a leader today, but a good friend as well. I understand the resentment that may be felt towards Xile and Novvs Atlantica, and this may sound rather heartless, but the Prime Minister knew what he was getting into when he ordered the planes over New Babylonia. I am also sure that he would have accepted his fate, and his place in our great history, in hopes that it would create a better Abattoir for tomorrow's generations."

"Therefore, we will not result back to taking revenge on our assailants, but we will try to reach out in a diplomatic effort to resolve any conflict that is remaining. We hope that the great leaders of Xile and Novvs Atlantica will accept our offer of peace, and that we can stop this useless fight."

"I pray that you all think this over, and realize that it is what is best for our nation at this time. Thank you, and goodnight."

This post has been edited by Abattoir on Sep 13 2004, 05:27 PM
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 05:39 PM
PMEmail Poster

News Conference with President Katherine Garraty

"Ms. President, how do you feel about the events which occured today?"

"I believe the murder of two men of such prestige as Lavinsky and Davis is completely unbased, and may hold serious consequences for Xile and Novvs Atlantica."

"Prime Minister Herring's statement seemed to announce the will to detour further violence, do you believe further acts of agression can be avoided?"

"I hope that the Prime Minister has the ability to manage such a difficult task, and Rendition will do its best to assist Abattoir in any way possible."

"Does the fact that Lavinsky was originally from Rendition make it seem as an attack against Rendition as well as Abattoir?"

"No, Lavinsky was a great man, one of many from which our country has produced, and one of many that it will continue to produce. It is wonderful that someone from our country can gain that much acceptance in a non-native nation, and even rise to such a high rank as Prime Minister. I do not believe that Xile or Novvs Atlantica had any intention to personally attack Rendition."

"How will you respond to the actions taken by President Lauir?"

"Like I said before, we can only condemn such an attack, and pray that the President will see the errors of his ways. Hopefully this issue can be resolved peacefully, but it may be difficult with the bombing of Avid-Dorid."

"How do you believe that the Olympic Situation will be handled by participating nations?"

"I have no idea. I can assume that it will not be taken lightly. I'm sorry, I have a meeting with Prime Minister Herring in the morning, and must prepare for my flight. Thank you."

Rendition
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 05:39 PM

LBC Evening World News

"Tonight, we open with a statement from the government of the Free Republic. It appears that the leaders of Abbatoir and Krytenia have both been assasinated by Xile's President Lauir. Also present at the conference was Ainorpisp's honored leader, as well as the Free Republic's own Vice-President.

Shortly after the assasination, Xilean bombers destroyed the AOlympic buildings in Krytenia, killing the entire Lamoni olympic delegation. Accordingly, the Free Republic has condemed the actions of Xile, as well as imposing sanctions that cut off ALL trade between Lamoni and Xile. A government spokesman stated that as much as Lamoni does not want to be drawn into the South Cove conflict, Lamoni WILL declare war on Xile and Novvs Atlantis if any further acts of agression are made against Lamoni or it's allies.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 07:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

President Laiur walked briskly to his underground bunker after arriving back in New Babylonia. He was greeted by aides and Minister Trelley of Foreign Affairs. Robert Trelley handed him the news release from Ainorpisp and awaited instructions...

CODE
XNC - New Babylonia

Citizens are hailing their leader as a hero after news reports broke of the demise of Abattoirian President Aaron Lavinsky and Chairman Davis of Krytenia.  Though a few pacifists regard this as the 'Franz Ferdinand of today's world' the government's official statement seems to contradict this.

"We are sorry to hear about the loss of those unaligned in this conflict, but ultimately stand by our decision.  The only way curb those hostile to us is to give them a taste of their own medicine.  This was not simply an act of revenge, but a deterrent toward even greater hostilities.  Xile will not be viewed by the rest of the world as weak.  We will not be trampled on simply so we may stand back up and be trampled on again."

That came from Robert Trelley, minister of foreign affairs, just hours after the news surfaced.  How this situation will be viewed in the eyes of others is still to be seen.

This post has been edited by Xile on Sep 13 2004, 07:44 PM
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 13 2004, 09:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

NANN Evening News

After a release by the Xile minister of foreign affairs, the civillian poulation of Ainorpisp seems to be shocked and appalled. Reports are coming in to NANN offices are reports of demonstrations in the streets of Ainorpisp's cities in response to the deaths at the Olympics and the Xilian statement. Some were even spotted burning Xilian flags, overcome with anger.

"It has become clear to us that the leadership of Xile feels that using violence is a viable solution. Shooting the leaders of a nation that came to talk about peace is not a viable solution to those of us who have moved past such methods. You do not have to use force just because you can. Their explanation doesn't do justice to the eight Ainorpispans and the delegation of Lamoni who perished in this stupid act of retribution," stated Honored Leader Kain in an interview following the release of the Xilian statement.

"There is no point in bombing a city that had so many internationals in it, even for the reasons given. This is just another chapter in the sad history of the human race, in which one nation turns to violence to 'solve' its problems. Violence only breeds more violence, that has been proven over and over again in history," Kain added, "We stand by our condemnation of Xile and Novvs Atlantis. Sanctions will be undertaken, with no trade to occur between Ainorpisp and the aforementioned perpetrators. Our nation will not tolerate killing that supposedly deters more killing."
Ainorpisp
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 14 2004, 10:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Laiur fumed as the report from Ainorpisp aired. "Everyone seems to be forgetting that this was not an unwarranted act of violence. Its all well and good to come and talk peace after you bomb my capitol for no apparent reason isn't it? So if you came and murdered my family, I am supposed to just shake your hand and forgive you? This is not how things work in the real world. These people tried to kill me. THEY TRIED TO KILL ME? Don't these people understand that?"

Minister Trelley let the president recover and replied, "They are probably just shocked. Its not every day someone of your position takes such matters in his own hand. Your people stand by you 100%, but the international community is giving mixed reports."

President Laiur sighed. "I don't see how imposing sanctions on one of the more economically powerful natioins in the region is going to help anyone, but so be it. We can maintain our trade, our balance has a great surplus right now, atleast with our allies and a few other countries not trying to commit economic suicide. As for the rest of it we will just have to see."
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 14 2004, 12:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

This is a travesty of the peace and resolve that all Wapahkonee enjoy. You would expect a meeting of international diplomacy to be carried out by professionals with a peaceful attitude. These actions will not go without consequence, The Free Lands can ensure you of that.
Wapahkoneta
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 14 2004, 12:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Consequence? So is Wapahkoneta going to retalliate against a retalliatory action?" states President Laiur. "Of all the ignora..."

"Umm, sir" interrupted General Markem. "Requesting to go on full military alert until this hostility subsides."

"I'll do you one better. If anything gets CLOSE to us, unless I personally order you to let them pass, destroy it." With that, the President stormed out of the room.

This post has been edited by Xile on Sep 14 2004, 12:22 PM
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 14 2004, 04:07 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Senate was in an uproar. Senators were yelling and screaming at one another, jumping up at certain points and fuming with anger, others calmly sat and took it all in. One such man was Senator Paetvs, he expected such a reaction from his fellow Senators, he planned on it. His job was to convince them that war and the assassination of the enemy of heads of state were justified.

He nodded to the three Praetorians on the Senate floor, they each took up their hasta pura and in a synchronized movement brought them down upon the marble floor of the Senate. The Senators ceased their chatter and began to sit down.

Paetvs approached the podium and looked up at the faces of his comrades.

"Senators, I speak to you now in light of the accusations made against our Imperator, our people, and our Republic, by the foul nations that dare to strike our ally Xile, and even by those nations who alligned themselves as neutral. I speak to you now, to confirm these accusations and to tell you all they are true. The Imperator did know of the assassination planned, his Praetorian Guard did assist Xilian royal guard units in the slaughter of enemy guards and aide, but it is also true that we are at war."

He expected pandemonium, he recieved silence.

"It is also true, however, that he who was attacked was not Vilita, was not Crystilakere, was not Pedriana. He who was attacked was Xile, an ally who long ago assisted us in our war against Tachbe and the cursed forces of the then corrupted A.O.R.D.O. An ally who's partnership has allowed our nation's economy to flourish through trade. An ally who has helped our research of weapons systems so that our people may fear none. An ally who has stuck with us through thick and thin. An ally who has given their undying support for us, and who, should rightfully, recieve ours in return. Senators, this was no neutral nation that was attacked, this was our ally, our friend, our sister country of Xile. Should we just stand by while our sister is raped and ravaged like some -explicitive removed- by decietful nations that dare to rip out the heart of a person and then seek peace? Should we just stand by while our sister is brutally beaten into submission and forced to pay reparations to a group of bastard nations? Should we stand by and do nothing and simply carry on with our lives, HOPING that the same will not happen to us? Nay, Senators, we must march to war, we must continue our campaign, we must not stop until the last vestige of the enemy is wiped from the face of the Earth! Vote now Senators, lest we lose our dear sister, lest we lose our glory, lest we lose our dignity!"

Senator Paetvs stepped down from the podium and proceeded back up to his seat. A clap from Senator Vitvs soon erupted into the whole Senate giving Paetvs a standing ovation. A vote was caste several minutes later.

The result was a unanimous march to war.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 14 2004, 04:51 PM

"Is that idiot out of his mind?" Lord Chisoko burst into a ream of gestures at the TV screen, tuned to the broadcast from the Novvs Atlantian Senate. "Accusations? Reparations? They're at war? With who?"

"With Abattoir, you great goateed fool," said Lord Orfosi, Minister of Defence, "Which other nations that still have borders have bombed Xile recently?"

"Both of you, shut up." It was the Lord-Protector, and his word was law, especially in their briefing room. "Xile, Adonis Lauir in particular, has taken revenge on Abattoir and Krytenia's leaders. I consider the matter closed, and apparently so does Lauir and even Austin Herring, surprisingly.

"Lamoni and Anorpisp are coming out with the usual liberal nonsense, and are closing down trade. With their economies, they're practically bankrupt anyway, so we'll ignore that.

"Send a message to the Novvs Imperator, I will not stand for this. If Xile also condems this fool-of-an-action the Novvans have decided to take, then I will not hesitate in calling on all of AORDO to stop this insanity."

Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 14 2004, 05:42 PM

Watching the television screen as the Novvs Atlantian Senate voted to go to war, the Free Republic's Foreign Minister was the first one to speak.

"Lamoni has three viable options. We can ally ourselves with Abattoir and go to war, we can remain as we are now, or we can sell weapons to Abattoir while maintaing a force along the Novvs Atlantis border, Mr. President."

President Matt thought about the situation for a few moments, he proclaimed, "It will be difficult to get any weapons of ours that Abattoir may buy to Abattoir without involving other nations. No, we shall remain as we are, except we will maintain a large defensive force on our border with NA. I want them to KNOW that we are there, and that we have no intentions of invading anyone at this time. However, if NA does attack Abattoir anymore than it already has, we will implement FULL sanctions against NA as well. See to it."

"Yes, Mr. President.," was the response.

Turning to an aide, President Matt said, "I want you to draft a letter to Ainorpisp, telling them that we support their call for a public apology from Xile and NA."

And again, the response was, "Yes, Mr. President."

This post has been edited by Lamoni on Sep 14 2004, 05:48 PM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0199 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->