Start new topic
First claim
Posted: Feb 3 2011, 11:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

((OOC: Section I'm referring to: Section 14))

20 years ago: Royal Palace: King Starintia:
King Starintia sighed. The small insignificant island holding Starorentia had done a sufficient job at containing the population for several thousand years but now it could hold them no more. Over population, crowded living space, disgusting amounts of pollution, the island was just generally abused and the people of Starorentia needed to move soon if they were to prosper. The time of expansionism was about. There were several options to explore. Satellites would give good data but take a large amount of money and a long time to create. Ships would work, but they would take a long time. That left exploration through air. Well why not? Planes can cover lots of ground, see for miles, they can land on carriers, let's give it a try. He thought to himself. It was decided. Exploration would occur through the air. And it would commence as soon as possible.
"Martha! Get me the files on the top 5 reconnaissance pilots we have by tomorrow. This is vital to our survival so be snappy and do what you have to do."

((OOC: More to come))
Starorentia
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 3 2011, 11:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

15 years ago/5 years later: Recon plane: Lt. Micheal Claymore
Lt. Micheal Claymore slapped himself in the face. Hard enough to make him squint through tears. I thinkā€¦is that? Land? Big enough land? Holy hell! It is! Thanks be to God we are saved! Micheal was on a mission of the highest importance. He was out to find land. He had been flying for the past 5 days, landing on carriers, refueling in the air, just searching for land. The land that Kingdom of Starorentia was situated on was grossly overpopulated, polluted, and generally abused. Due to this, King Starintia had sent several pilots in the most advanced, fuel saving aircraft available had been sent out to find land for Starorentia to occupy. Lt. Micheal Claymore had just found that land. However, the land quickly ran out. Claymore frowned in disappointment; only to have a smile hit his face as an even bigger track of land came into his sight. For several dozen minutes he enjoyed this land until it disappeared. Then, as with before, another sect of land came into his sight. He kept flying until he saw lights in the far distance, upon which he wheeled around a started to fly back, already tasting the champagne that would surely greet his return, along with a medal, a pay raise, and some vacation time. Life was about to be very, very good.

((OOC: More to follow once again))

This post has been edited by Starorentia on Feb 3 2011, 11:02 PM
Starorentia
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 3 2011, 11:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

7 years later/8 years ago: Captain Markus Ruffius:
It had taken 5 years for a proper plan to be made regarding moving the population of Starorentia into the new territory. Of course new buildings would have to be created but a plan had been thought up for this. Just disassemble buildings piece by piece and bring them to the new world, where they could be reassembled. It was a silly plan, but if you were going to move entire countries, you might as well take buildings with you. Of course none of this was of Captain Ruffius' concern. He, and 2 dozen other 6 man teams were responsible for making a preliminary map of the territory in order to smooth the transition between the two nations. It would be a long journey. A painful one. Setbacks would be encountered but that was expected. The only thing Starentian's could hope for was that they didn't upset any unknown native people.

((OOC: So this is more or less the end of my RP. I'll post up a factbook after this. This is 6-8 years before present day.))
Starorentia
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 3 2011, 11:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

Starorentia Factbook:

Naming:
Common Long Form: The Kingdom of Starorentia
Common Short Form: Starorentia
Native Long Form: The Kingdom of Starorentia
Native Short Form: Starorentia

Capital City: Starentia City

Administrative Districts:
Starentia is divided into 3 'Sections'
- Islian (Southeastern Island)
-Slazia (Eastern Island)
-Marceto (Mainland section)

Languages:
Primary: English

Government:
Head of State and Head of Government: King Starintia = King/President/Prime Minister
Head of Military: Strategos Oliver Smith = Commander-In-Chief

The King of Starorentia is a monarchical position that is passed down through a line of succession. This is not always the case however, if an overwhelming majority of the citizens wish for a different king instead of the present one's son, a vote is held, with a United States style election being held. The King has powers exactly the same as those of the President of the United States.

Electoral System:
The entire nation is divided into 18 'sectors'. Each sector has 3 Senators. Voters living within a Sector vote for their favorite Senator from a selection of senators who usually come from major parties, though independents are more then welcome to run. The three candidates with the most votes become the sector Senators and gain seat in the Senate.

Primary Political Parties:
Centrists - Currently Hold 28 seats in the Senate
Republicans - Currently Holds 16 seats in the Senate
Democrats - Currently Holds 10 seats in the Senate
Starorentia
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 20 2011, 10:06 PM
PMEmail Poster

Seeing as how I can't edit my posts, please be aware of the following changes.
Due to section 14 already being claimed, I am now after section 22.
Also in my factbook:
- Islian (Southeastern Island)
-Slazia (Eastern Island)
-Marceto (Mainland section)
This is now changed to:

- Islian (Western Section)
-Slazia (Center Section)
-Marceto (Eastern section)
Starorentia
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic