Start new topic
Izistan winds up in AO [Intro RP, open]
Posted: Jan 11 2006, 10:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

[This is my introduction/claim RP, set in space/land 7. Although I'm contacting the other local members of the Woodstock Pact, any resident of AO can basically send a message/wave hello/stuff a hamster into a mortar/etc. Anyways, on with the writing (apologies for the abruptness, I ran out of creative juices). If it is not up to standerd or I got something wrong, please tell me so and I will rewrite it]

To this day no one is really sure how or why The People's Democratic Republic of Izistan ended up in Atlantian Oceania. Some would blame a covert causal weapon program by the Izistani military or some sort of reactionless or faster then light drive test that had gone horribly wrong. Some well publicized folk even claimed that it was an intervention from a weakly godlike intelligence, the religious folks took it as a sign from their respective gods.
One thing is for certain though, on January 6th 20**, Izistan found itself on the same landmass as Pacitalia and Space Union, much to the general surprise of the Izistani populace. The transition was actually pretty smooth, with maps and layouts changing to fit the terrain somehow automatically (how this happened, no one knew), with the exception of several airliners that found themselves flying over the span of ocean that Izistan had once occupied (two of the aircraft managed to make it to The Northern Expanse with the last fumes in their tanks, the rest crashed but several dozen survivors were picked up by two Navy cruisers that had found themselves in the same situation).
So now the extremely confused and some what shell shocked populace did the only thing they could. They wired a message to the rest of the Pact nations present, Izistan now conveniently located near three.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
[Uplink Located]
[Mol-324, uplink established]
[Relaying, encryption level 3]
[To: Timothy Ell, Prime Minster of Pacitalia. Mike Sarzo, President of Sarzonia. Federate Satpul Singh, Space Union.
Subject: Neighborly greetings.]

As you probably already know, five days ago Izistan somehow ended up to the north of Pacitalia. How exactly this occurred is currently unknown (but is a major area of research, I can assure you). I have taken the steps of ordering Amalgamated Militia Units to the borders to serve as impromptu border guards, until I can work something more permanent out (rest assured they will remain in Izistani territory at all times). In the mean time, our geosynchronous satellite's will have to be moved, so expect a increase in space launch activity (as opposed to ICBM launches). In addition, we'll have to build road and rail links to our new neighbors, but that shouldn't prove to be too much of a challenge (hopefully). At the very least it makes trade a whole lot easier.

Sincerely yours,
Premier Clayton Robertson.

This post has been edited by Izistan on Jan 11 2006, 10:54 PM
Izistan
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 11:02 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

TO: Premier of Izistan, Izistan

It has recently come to my government's attention that your nation has somehow managed to materialize itself within the AO region. Let me be among the first to welcome you here, if indeed you intend to stay in this region after what appears from our observance to be a freak accident. Secondly, let me say that we of the Dominion would be willing to give you any aid that you need to help you figure out what happened and to help you settle in to your new surroundings. We currently have a surplus of iron and other construction materials that you may find useful if you should choose to begin establishing connections with your neighbors.

Thirdly, we realize that you are a member of the Woodstock Pact, to which our friend and ally Sarzonia is as well. In regards to your friendly relation with the Incorporated States, we too wish to offer you a branch of peace and a diplomatic exchange. I assure you that your ambassador would be well taken care of here in Archon City, and ours would be more than willing to give you all relevant information on Khazaronian culture. It is the sincere hope of this government that we both can gain peace, understanding and wisdom through such exchanges.

We await your reply with eagerness, and hope this letter finds your people in an atleast somewhat calm mood.

Signed,

James Khara
Patriarch
Dominion of Khazaron
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 12 2006, 08:05 AM

"Did you see that?"

Lord-Protector of Starblaydia, Tiberius Starblayde, looked up from his papers.

"See what?"

"That, right there." Lord Ricardo Gomez, Tiberius' Minster of Communications, pointed to the large map on of Atlantian Oceania on the wall. "Just above Pacitalia."

"A country." Tiberius frowned. "Good spot, Ricco, there's a country on a map. Well played."

"But it just appeared! It wasn't there before. I was looking at Pacitalia and Space Union, and this thing just appeared there."

"Are you on crack?" Tiberius stood up and walked to the map. He stared at the newly coloured-in spot of land on Foringana. "Where is.. what... who is that? If this new cartographer's missed something again, he'll suffer the same fate as the old one." Tiberius strode over to his desk and hit a button. "Joaquin? What's the country that borders Pacitalia and Space Union?"

<It's Izistan, my Lord.>

"Stop stuttering, man, get your words out."

The cartographer spelled out the name of the nation.

<There's a folder on it's way up to you now, my Lord. All the information you'll need.>

"Ah, very good. Um, keep up the good work, Joaquin."

<Thankyou, my Lord.>

"Izziewhat?" Ricardo asked.

Premier Robertson,

On behalf of Atlantian Oceania, the Atlantian Oceania Regional Defence Organisation, as well as the Strategic Alliance, may I welcome your abrupt and somewhat unconventional arrival to our region. We look forward to opening diplomatic relations with your nation and would welcome an embassy exchange, in accordance with our programme.

Should any other topic of discussion materialise for unknown reasons between our two nations, we would welcome friendly debate and co-operation over it. Once again, welcome to our region, we hope the teleportation or space-warp wasn't too traumatic on you and your people.

On behalf of Lord-Protector Starblayde,
Lord Ricardo Gomez,
Minister of Communications,
Protectorate of Starblaydia
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 12 2006, 09:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

Sarzo was nearing the end of a long press conference, made all the longer by the news hitting the airwaves that Starblaydia just conducted a space launch. The Office of Intelligence was being instructed to monitor the launch, while the discussion of whether to activate the Incorporated Sarzonian Space Force raged in both Parliament and the Cabinet.

"Okay, time for one more question?"

"George, whaddya have?"

George Manley, the 47 year old reporter from Channel 15 news in Woodstock, was a favourite among the press corps. Even at his relatively young age, he showed he had the chops to serve as a Gray House correspondent. He also showed the delicate balance needed to ask difficult questions of the President without angering him.

"Mr. President, what is your reaction to the report from Izistani Premier Robertson that his country has arrived in Atlantian Oceania?"

Sarzo smiled. Of all the questions Manley could have asked, from the debate over whether to increase the defence budget in the wake of the rumblings from the SAAS or yet another brush fire involving the Doomies, Manley chose to ask a question that would elicit a positive response. He knew he had a one-on-one interview scheduled with Manley where the local reporter would get the kind of scoops no other reporter would get. This would be the easy question.

"We are obviously very pleased that a staunch ally of ours from the Woodstock Pact has made its home in the region," Sarzo said. "As a Woodstock Pact mainstay, Izistan has demonstrated its dedication to human rights and the democratic way of life. Whether they join the SDL or not, we know we now have another country that can give the SAAS pause, particularly in light of Starblaydia's machinations toward space."

"That's it for questions everyone."

"Thank you," Sarzo said as he turned to walk back to his office in the Gray House. He reached out his right hand and grasped that of First Partner Jay Tyler and the two men walked thusly toward the office, both smiling brightly with the news of Izistan's arrival in the region.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 12 2006, 10:01 PM

To: Premier Robertson
Izistan

Free Republic of Lamoni

On behalf of the Free Republic, I would like to welcome you to the region of AO.  It can be fair to say that your unorthodox arrival in our region has surprised quite a few nations.  The Free Republic is already allied with Sarzonia, and we would like to have good relations with your nation as well.  We would like to have an ambassadorial exchange; and we can assure you that your ambassador would be treated well in our captiol city of Nephi.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 13 2006, 04:48 PM

Dear Premier Robertson,

I congratulate you on the successful move to Atlantian Oceania. Doing so is not exactly an easy task, so your efforts are quite commendable. It is very exciting to note that you will be our northwestern neighbour and the second to last occupant in the finalisation of Foringanan land use.

My best wishes to you as you settle in your new home in Foringana, the land of the tall palms, beacon of progressive political thought and social freedoms, and the unofficial tourist haven of the region.

Sincera in domina bene,

Dr. Adrian Copilul-Minune, MPP, RPID
Senior Deputy Prime Minister
Democratic Capitalist Republic of Pacitalia
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0177 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->