Start new topic
AOHC V: Host bids thread?
Posted: Aug 27 2012, 07:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

AOCAF is over and WCoH is on the horizon, and we have at least 14 nations interested in an AOHC. Several have expressed interest in presenting a host bid. Since an announcement to that end does not seem to be forthcoming from anywhere else; and would risk being missed entirely in the interest poll thread.

So, have at it! Let's hear some hosting bids! I will not be submitting a bid, so I'll volunteer to receive votes, ultimately. For now, I'm hoping to see a couple of bids here in the next day or two and start a fairly short window to receive bids, so we can have a little time for voting before the WCoH steals too much thunder.
Israeli Apartheid Client-State
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 28 2012, 12:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Melatian Hosting Bid for AOHC V

The Imperial Government, at the blessing of His Imperial Majesty John William I, hereby submit the following host bid for the fifth edition of Atlantian Oceanian Hockey Cup.

Experience

Under this nation, the player behind Melatia has no hosting experience, however, he has hosted a few small tournaments under other nations.

Format

It looks like we have 14 nations that might be interested in playing, so I will wait for 16 nations to signup. There will be four groups of four, out of which two teams will advance to a quarterfinal round, etc, etc.

Scorination

I will be using xkoranate 0.3.3 with an absolute bonus of 20% maximum.

IC Stuff

Will be posted if I win.
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 28 2012, 01:55 PM
PMEmail Poster

Note: RP Bonus will reset after every matchday to encourage RPing
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 01:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

A couple of questions for all (prospective) bidders:

* Will style mods be used? If so, what range?
* Will AOHC/WCoH rankings be used? Bearing in mind that some of us may not have one or either...

A question for everyone: Is there an established WCoH ranking systeM?
Israeli Apartheid Client-State
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 04:08 PM
PMEmail Poster

Note: I'm withdrawing my host bid (Decided to RP my nation in a different direction)

Edit: And yes, there is a WCoH ranking system, but I don't know if they are updated

This post has been edited by Melatia on Aug 30 2012, 04:09 PM
Melatia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 11:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

AOHC always uses it's own ranking system. Pacitalia (his puppet Scandonia) and I will be putting together a joint bid to host.
Port Hawthorne
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->