Start new topic
WC Offseason Tournaments

What tournaments do you want to have during the World Cup Offseason?
AOCAF Only (No AOHC This cycle) [ 1 ]  [4.76%]
AOHC Only (No AOCAF This cycle) [ 3 ]  [14.29%]
AOCAF & AOCL (Do AOHC after, when World Cup is going on) [ 11 ]  [52.38%]
Do them all and do them now-ish [ 4 ]  [19.05%]
Don't care [ 2 ]  [9.52%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Posted on Sep 2 2012, 10:35 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The three tournaments talked about most right now are AOCAF (Regional Football) AOHC (Regional Hockey) and AOCL (Regional Club Competition)

We've been doing an AOCAF after every WC Cycle. AOHC doesn't necessarily need to fill the same slot but did the last time it was contested.

AOCL clearly has interest but we need to make the format right. I've suggested that it truly be limited to Champions from each nation (Puppets can enter too, but one team per geographical nation), to make it a true champions tournament for the region, otherwise there is little to distinguish it from the UICA championships which most would participate in anyway.

Discuss!
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 11:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

I think the AOCAF should be the priority, and have the AOCL too. But that's probably because I'm not into hockey.
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 11:28 AM
PMEmail Poster

It has been a long while since the AOHC so that one needs to run.

Participation in the AOCAF has been on a decline as of late. At least it seems that way to me. Perhaps skipping one cycle would let everyone recharge and garner more interest when we hold it next

As for th AOCL. I say 1 champ per nation and possibly use Legal's favorite system.

This post has been edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on Sep 2 2012, 11:29 AM
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 11:39 AM

Sounds like Legal has just been nominated to host AOCL.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 11:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

I lean towards AOCAF/AOCL since I have stuff prepped for the national team and have been working on my league, but have nothing on hockey. Though, admittedly, not that hard to write stuff up. Less inclined to do so, but still, I understand if the people who like things other than football/soccer want their day in the sun.

I'll also note since we're discussing it, by the time WC61 ends, things should be settling down for me enough where I might have the time to host either AOCAF or AOCL, depending on which one(s) we decide to play.

This post has been edited by Geisenfried on Sep 2 2012, 11:43 AM
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 12:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

IMO, the AOCL can be a non-RPed tournament, much in the vein of the CC/GC that it is modeled after. With that in mind, then the AOCAF should move forward as well and if people don't feel stretched, the AOHC.
Valanora
a.k.a Elves Security Forces
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 01:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Sep 2 2012, 12:39 PM)
Sounds like Legal has just been nominated to host AOCL.

Heh, if that's the case, there won't be one until November - giving me time to run my league as well. And I also know how to run non-Casaran-style tournaments as well, thank you very much tongue.gif

Personally, I have a hard time getting charged for the AOHC regardless of when it's run, but figure that if anything's going to be the offseason focus, it'd be the AOCAF, and possibly the AOCL. That said, hard to get excited for an AOCL that is run like UCIA (no offence to those who run it) in that it's a low-interaction/RP format.

That said, no matter how it's done (each MD on its own, or more condensed) - I actually prefer a mix of Vil's thought to limit entries to one per nation (with the two-nations per user rule in place), combined with using the CL-style tournament - group stage of 32, KOs from the r16 to the final. Use a coefficient to set pre-rankings and, if necessary, qualifiers. If we can't get 32 entrants, either allow 2nd entries from the top x teams (x being the # sufficient to make it work), or modify the group stage to make it work. If we have more than 32 entries, do a two-legged qualifying round. In case of emergency, break the glass.

And no, I don't want to run it. Not the next one, at least.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 01:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

AOCAF and AOCL for me. I mainly say that because I'm not a hockey fan, but there you go.

I support limiting the AOCL to champions only, with second-placed teams if necessary - there's not a lot I can say about that which hasn't already been said.
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 02:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Kinitaria @ Sep 2 2012, 01:41 PM)
AOCAF and AOCL for me. I mainly say that because I'm not a hockey fan, but there you go.

I support limiting the AOCL to champions only, with second-placed teams if necessary - there's not a lot I can say about that which hasn't already been said.

Pretty much this. I do plan on entering the AOCAF this time round, because I'm not hosting the CE with my main (Licentiapacisterra).
Urbis Tractus
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 02:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

Another vote for AOCAF & AOCL.

I think AOHC would be a good idea to have during the WC or something like that. Definitely not all three at the same time.
Thatius
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 04:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

It looks like Rushmore's reforming their CdC, too. Maybe a possible future idea would be a "super cup" between the CdC and AOCL champions?
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 05:43 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Kinitaria @ Sep 2 2012, 05:42 PM)
It looks like Rushmore's reforming their CdC, too. Maybe a possible future idea would be a "super cup" between the CdC and AOCL champions?

As said before on the RMB, I think the best thing to do with Rushmore is to give them exactly what they deserve: no recognition at all ;-)

(Yes, I know we have some Rushmorians here. Welcome!)
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted on Sep 2 2012, 10:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, I'm much more into the AOCAF, and I have not tried the Champions league yet, but football/soccer is my main sport I RP Leorudo with.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Sep 3 2012, 04:59 AM

As long as we do an AOCAF, I don't care about the other two. So I voted 'Don't Care', rather than 'AOCAF Only' as that's kinda negative on people who like the other two.

Don't forget I'll be running the DBC during the WC off-season, too.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted on Sep 3 2012, 12:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'd love to be part of the AOCAF again. I was thinking about simulating my nation's (tiny) league again, so I'd be interested in an AOCL. I don't see myself doing hockey, although I wouldn't mind throwing in a team if people are running a tournament and want a bottom-feeder to beat up on.
Kiryu-shi
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0168 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->