Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2012, 03:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image

SFR Kinitaria Host Bid for AOCAF 37

Overview

The southernmost country in Atlantian Oceania, Kinitaria is a medium-sized nation occupying the southern half of the continent of Vircais. The long, winding Kinitar coastline is the home of some of the best beaches in the region, and the interior of the country is dotted with many lakes of varying sizes, as well as some spectacular unspoiled landscapes. From a footballing point of view, Kinitaria's history has been brief but successful, with a Baptism of Fire title and a Cup of Harmony quarter-final in two cycles so far.

Travelling fans may enter Kinitaria by air or sea, with airports serving most of the country's major cities - over ten million people pass through Mi'ato International Airport annually. Sea travel is also a popular option to enter Kinitaria, and it is guaranteed completely safe by the Kinitar government - any lingering piracy in the Secocia Sea is sure to be dealt with by the Kinitar navy, often referred to as the jewel of the nation.

The safety of all fans during the tournament is guaranteed. There are no major threats facing Kinitaria right now - since the revolution a few years ago, we have been a peaceful nation with no significant internal or external issues. Additional members of the National People's Police will be stationed in and around tournament venues for the duration of the competition, for the safety and well-being of all spectators.

Despite never previously having played host to an international tournament, the Kinitar government has the utmost confidence in the nation's ability to host one. The infrastructure present in Kinitaria allows for quick and efficient travel inside and between the proposed host cities, the bid enjoys a high level of public support, and the Kinitar Football Federation can guarantee a range of modern stadia spread across the country, as well as meeting the high standard of accomodation and training facilities that Atlantian Oceania's teams have come to expect. The country is also well prepared to deal with a high volume of visiting fans, both in terms of security arrangements and accommodation.

The bid includes, provisionally, venues in the capital Mi'ato (three stadia), Serenberg, Litora (two stadia), Chyr, Tirinthea, Inovita and Avnani. It is understood that the number of host stadia may be subject to change depending on the number of entrants.

Kinitaria trades in the hirin (Ħ). Due to the nature of Kinitaria's command economy, the economic crisis in the multiverse has had very little effect on our ability to trade, and the economy remains reasonably strong, with Ħ0.78 to the NationStates dollar. Consumer goods, as well as most essentials, remain reasonably priced, and match tickets should be well within the budget of any fan.

Format

The exact format of the tournament is so far unknown, given that signups have not yet concluded. However, it can be assumed that an even number of teams will be divided into equal-sized groups, of which eight or sixteen will advance into a knockout stage. The start date of the tournament is also unconfirmed, but will be organised with an eye on the Di Bradini Cup schedule - the aim at present is to start during the final stages of the DBC.

Scorination will be done with xkoranate's SQIS formula. Rosters and RPs during the tournament itself will count towards a nation's RP bonus, which will be cumulative and degrade with time (except that bonuses gained from posting a roster, which will be equal to the bonus from one MD, will never degrade).

I plan to have cut-offs at around 1am UTC (8pm EST), but I am prepared to be flexible on this if necessary.

As I understand it, AO maintains rankings separate from the KPB rankings, so the former will apply. Furthermore, each team will be invited to submit a style modifier between -5 and +5, as standard.

Tiebreakers will take the form of head-to-head first, then goal difference, then goals scored, and finally number of wins, if necessary.

I admit that I have little hosting experience - this would be my first international tournament, should I be awarded it. However, we all have to start somewhere, and I know my way around xkoranate, having used it for one and a half seasons of my domestic league and cup to date with few problems. I also believe that, despite being a relative newcomer to the NS sport community, I have a reasonable idea of the customs and expectations of this community, and that I am able to adhere to these in order to host a successful tournament.

If you have any questions about the bid, let me know.

This post has been edited by Kinitaria on Sep 6 2012, 02:01 AM
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2012, 04:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

I should note that while I'm 80-90% certain that I should be good to host, won't know for certain till Monday, so will hold off from posting a bid until then. Will give us plenty of time for sign-ups, at the least.

This post has been edited by Geisenfried on Sep 5 2012, 04:11 PM
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2012, 04:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeru$halayiiiiiiiiim!

(IACS in)
Israeli Apartheid Client-State
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2012, 06:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

I return.
Lymantatia
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 6 2012, 11:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

Naitpyge in.
Naitpyge
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 6 2012, 01:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

Smegs in
Hutt River
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 7 2012, 06:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

Leorudo is in.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 9 2012, 03:58 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

We'll be back
Osarius
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 9 2012, 04:18 PM

What would an AOCAF Cup be without the Blue Foxes? I don't want to know. Count them in for a title defence.

Scandonia are also in.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 9 2012, 07:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

Audioslavia make a timely sign-up!
Audioslavia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 9 2012, 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Audioslavia @ Sep 9 2012, 04:17 PM)
Audioslavia make a timely sign-up!

This time, you mean. wink.gif
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 9 2012, 08:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

Hey is it alright if I try and make a return after several years in hiding wink.gif
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0208 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->