Posted: Sep 10 2012, 04:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

We're in!
Austenersey
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 05:04 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Austenersey @ Sep 10 2012, 05:31 PM)
We're in!

Sorry, you can only sign up once smile.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 09:27 PM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image

The Royal Federation of Geisenfried (das Königsbund von Geisenfried), with its long footballing legacy and a noteworthy history of hosting international sporting competitions, seeks once again to gather the world's best players to compete on its shores. The Royal Federation's football association, the GKFV, thus announces its intention to host the 37th edition of the Atlantian Oceania Confederation of Association Football Championships, the world's greatest regional sporting competition.

:: the Nation ::
Geisenfried rests peacefully on the southern half of the Auzerian subcontinent, bordered on the west by Cafundeu, from the north by Nojika and by Milchama from the east, with Bazalonia sitting across the sea to the south. From the towering peaks in the eastern mountain ranges to the verdant western riverlands and from the idyllic northern glacial valleys to the fertile coastal plains in the south, Geisenfried is host to a variety of climes and geographical features. Between the cool winds coming in on the long coast in the south and the elevation of the more mountainous north, summers tend to be a bit milder than what you might expect, making for very favorable playing conditions.

Geisenfried's political stability and general foreign policy of armed neutrality has led to a long period of peace and prosperity, and the nation has reaped the rewards of such success, maintaining a thriving economy with solid infrastructure. Many modern metropolises as well cities overflowing with history are there to enjoy, all with plenty of amenities. Geisenfried has several international airports to accommodate flights into the country for the tournament, and a solid inter-provincial air and rail network to move teams and fans from host city to host city. The venerable Königskronestadion, host to the 32nd World Cup finals, in the capital, and the picturesque waterfront Heimüller Küstenkolosseum, which recently hosted group matches in the 53rd Cup of Harmony, are amongst the many capable stadia from Geisenfried's thriving domestic leagues that will be made available for the 37th AOCAF Championships should Geisenfried be awarded hosting rights.

:: the Bid ::
Current sign-ups have the number of nations at 32 with puppets included, a nice even number that will allow us a World Cup style 8 groups with 4 nations apiece, top two advance to 16-team knockouts. If more nations should sign up, preference would be at maintaining a 32-team tournament by replacing puppets - if more than 2 sign up, perhaps a 35 or 36-team tournament could be considered, but really, I'd rather just have 32 teams.

Given the 32-team scenario, MDs 1 through 3 for the group stages would likely take place on Friday/Saturday/Sunday - most likely the 21st, 22nd and 23rd, with knockouts commencing every other day afterwards, finishing up at the beginning of October. However, if the hosting decision is resolved quickly and there is general support for it, I could envision managing to bring the schedule forward a week, starting us this Friday. Otherwise, would keep it as is.

Scorination will have a soft cutoff between 11p-12a MDT (UTC -7) or roughly 6-7a GMT - somewhere at that point, I will begin reading RPs, and whenever I reach the last one, will announce the cutoff and proceed with producing results. The scorinator I'm planning on using will be the latest NSFS - 3.0.1, same as was used in this latest World Cup.

Tiebreakers after points for the group stage will be goal differential, head-to-head results (if between two), head-to-head goal differential (if between three), goals scored, and finally, if somehow we're still stuck after all that, RP bonus - which, being an OOC construct, will be ICly explained as a coin-toss. If teams are still tied after that because neither RPed, I will throw an actual coin.

I think that should cover it. Feel free to direct any further questions to me. My experience hosting tournaments largely lies with my hosting of WC32, but I'll freely admit was a while ago. Trying to get back into the swing of things before I try anything that big again.

This post has been edited by Geisenfried on Sep 10 2012, 09:31 PM
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 06:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

Were in!
Mantwenic
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 01:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

95X signs up.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 11:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

In. For the first time ever...
Falconear
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 03:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Sep 10 2012, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (Austenersey @ Sep 10 2012, 05:31 PM)
We're in!

Sorry, you can only sign up once smile.gif

Did I? Whoops.. Thought I didn't sign up tongue.gif
Austenersey
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 04:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

We sign up for our first competition in our new region.
Khytenna
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

So I've been talking with Kinitaria, and both of us agree that we'd like to keep things at 32 for ease of competition's sake. Seeing as we've already exceeded that point, we'd like to close sign-ups as of this moment.

However, that still leaves us at 34 for now. Both of us have also agreed, however, that priority for sign-ups to go to AO "home nations" - nations that are not puppets of master nations in other regions. If there is knowledge or at least reasonable suspicion that your nation is a puppet of another nation from outside AO, then you'll be pushed to the end of sign-ups. I know there are at least a couple, so we should be able to get down to 32.

I apologize to those nations, but you have other regional competitions you can join - for AO nations, it's only AOCAF. I hope you understand.

If you would still like to compete in AOCAF and are an AO home nation, you can sign up provisionally and we'll see if there's a spot available.

Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Geisenfried @ Sep 12 2012, 10:25 PM)
So I've been talking with Kinitaria, and both of us agree that we'd like to keep things at 32 for ease of competition's sake. Seeing as we've already exceeded that point, we'd like to close sign-ups as of this moment.

However, that still leaves us at 34 for now. Both of us have also agreed, however, that priority for sign-ups to go to AO "home nations" - nations that are not puppets of master nations in other regions. If there is knowledge or at least reasonable suspicion that your nation is a puppet of another nation from outside AO, then you'll be pushed to the end of sign-ups. I know there are at least a couple, so we should be able to get down to 32.

I apologize to those nations, but you have other regional competitions you can join - for AO nations, it's only AOCAF. I hope you understand.

If you would still like to compete in AOCAF and are an AO home nation, you can sign up provisionally and we'll see if there's a spot available.

Just confirming this, we both agree on the format.
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 11:12 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Sounds good to me too. What you're saying essentially is that my puppet would be fine, as an example, since both Pacitalia and Scandonia are in AO?

I'd love to see Scandonia build on its showing last time out but if there is demand for other nations let them have their go. There's always next time smile.gif
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 11:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Pacitalia @ Sep 12 2012, 11:12 PM)
Sounds good to me too. What you're saying essentially is that my puppet would be fine, as an example, since both Pacitalia and Scandonia are in AO?

I'd love to see Scandonia build on its showing last time out but if there is demand for other nations let them have their go. There's always next time smile.gif

What we're saying is that the two AO-native puppets (Qutar and Scandonia) would be first to go, since those two users have two nations each in the competition.

Then, people with their main in another region, but an AO puppet which has signed up, will also be struck out, to bring it down to 32 teams.
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0220 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->