Start new topic
AOCAF 38 - Host Bids
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 08:36 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Please post if you are interested in Hosting AOCAF 38.

Signups will follow in a week or so
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 17 2012, 02:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

I've been thinking about, a more formal bid will be posted in due time.
West Guiana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 17 2012, 11:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'm thinking of possibly giving it a try. But I'd need to know approximately when hosts will be chosen for the matter.
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 18 2012, 10:03 AM

Hosts will be decided in 7-10 days, so you should have bids up by thanksgiving
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 19 2012, 04:58 PM
PMEmail Poster

Farf bid to host the 38th AOCAF:
user posted image

(IC Information will be revealed when I post the Everything thread, should I win)

I'd like to to make groups of 4, but any amount of participants is fine to me. Be warned though: Really weird numbers like 37 wil make the tournament weird. If sign-ups could be cut-off at 32, 36 or any other multiple of 4.

I'd be able to start the tournament pretty much any day, as I'm gonna have lots of free time when it starts. The knock-out stage would have a bye day between each round, with the exception of the last round, with the 3rd Place Play-off being scorinated 1 day after the Semifinals and 1 day before the Final. There would also be a bye day between the group stage and the knock-out stage.

Cut-offs would be 22:00 UTC, approximately. It certainly won't be before that, unless previously specified or all teams remaining have RPd. I'll be quite quick delivering scores after the cut-off, as I'll post the cut-off after I've read all RPs. However, if someone posts before my cut-off and I haven't read it, that RP would be counted.

I'm going to use NSFS3.0.1. because it's the one I feel I can manage the best, and that I'm sure I won't screw up anything with. RPs will be graded from 0 to 3. The reason for this scale is because it'll be approximately the 10% of the best rank, which I find fit for the tournament. This would give new nations a good hance at doing well this time and climbing up the ranks against non-RPing nations, for hwta I've tested. Rosters will be graded from 0 to 6 and can be an asset for you, however, getting full marks will be really difficult. For every RP I'll grade creativity, humour, neatness, format, grammar in a lesser extent and detail. Needless to say that I'll be using the ranks provided by Vilita once he calculates them. The maximum rank in NSFS will be Pacitalia's rank + maximum possible final rank. Tiebreakers will be Points, Goal diference, Goals for, Head to head and an eztra match as last resort.

Now, you may be thinking, why the hell should I choose you, user I haven't heard much, if anything, at all? Well, the answer is because I've hosted a few minor tournaments already, both of them having positive reviews. These were the U-15 WC (which caused some controversy, but ended up pretty well, hope Star and Valanora don't hold any grudges) and the, also a bit controversial, Friendly Cup 5.

This post has been edited by Farfadillis on Nov 19 2012, 07:06 PM
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 19 2012, 05:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

West Guiana host bid

West Guiana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 19 2012, 07:12 PM

QUOTE (West Guiana @ Nov 19 2012, 06:31 PM)
West Guiana host bid

From the Link::

National Overview

West Guiana has a population of 550 million, a stable strong economy and a strong currency. The nation is shares a border with Legalese to the north, Former Krytina to the west and The Inevitable Syndicte to the south. To the east over the Crystilakere Channel is Osarius. geographically West Guiana is made up of mostly flat grasslands and woodlands along the coastlines and in the central region of the nation is mountainous filled with many rare minerals such as gold, silver and uranium. Some major mining(coal) also happens in this region, called the Great Center Mountains which divide the two provinces Ocean and Alkoul. 

Politically West Guiana is divided into five provinces; Alkoul, Myto, West, East and Ocean. The capital is Gemsbrook which is also the largest city (12.3 million). The nations infrastructure is rated in good condition with tri-yearly maintenance to keep it in good condition. When it comes to sport, large stadiums there is no shortage in the country, as the nations most watched sport is (American) football, second is Lacrosse and third soccer.  The newest stadium is located in Port Salem, Ocean, Safeco Field is used for baseball, football and soccer.

Formal Bid

The official bid is flexible for the total number of sign-ups the target as with to coincide with past AOCAFs is 32, however though the format can be flexible with up to 36 including puppets to round it all out. I’d prefer 36 as it offers more competition and likelihood of more upsets. Now if the number 36 is in deed reached the group layout would be six groups of six, round robin and the top two of each group, plus four “wildcards” of the next four highest seeds, which would give us the Round of 16.
Of course if the final number is 32 ( or close to it plus-minus puppets), the tournament will be played as it has in the past, eight groups of four, round robin, top two advancing of each group.

Tie breakers are, total group stage points, head to head, goal differential.  If needed, the next two tie breakers, goals for and goals against. And if there is still yet a tie a special playoff game will be scorinated, which is much better than a “coin flip”.

Scorination would be around 10 pm Central (Chicago), so cut off around 9:40pm. The socinator would be NSFS 3.1 as I am more comfortable using that one.

RP bounus is of course, sticking to tradition is cumlitive.

Past experience of hosting would be with several smaller tournaments that have CTE. The largest included 20 nations. Please do not ask me about the World Bowl 18 debacle, too touchy still.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 19 2012, 10:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (West Guiana @ Nov 19 2012, 09:20 PM)
What's the bolded for...

It's what you misspelled.
Maklohi Vai
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 19 2012, 11:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Maklohi Vai @ Nov 19 2012, 10:21 PM)
What's the bolded for...

Well I must admit that i'm not the best speller but misspelling 3 out of 439 words is pretty good.
West Guiana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 20 2012, 01:02 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (West Guiana @ Nov 19 2012, 11:44 PM)
What's the bolded for...

Well I must admit that i'm not the best speller but misspelling 3 out of 439 words is pretty good.

As a pure percentage, sure. However, the ones you misspelled are
1. A country name
2. The lifeblood of simulated events
3. A key artery to that blood (metaphorically, of course)

So pretty key things. Then again, spelling is clearly not the most important thing when considering a host bid.
Maklohi Vai
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 20 2012, 12:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Maklohi Vai @ Nov 20 2012, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (West Guiana @ Nov 19 2012, 11:44 PM)
What's the bolded for...

As a pure percentage, sure. However, the ones you misspelled are
1. A country name
2. The lifeblood of simulated events
3. A key artery to that blood (metaphorically, of course)

So pretty key things. Then again, spelling is clearly not the most important thing when considering a host bid.

Seconded. Though since we're in pure nitpick mode, I'll also add that Vilita missed one (hint: they're called FKR on the map, and mildly forgivable, since they chose to go to a vast wasteland whose name is not worthy of mentioning here before your entry, IIRC, but still fairly well-known wink.gif )

Also, another tip for you, WG: having either a bid thread, or alternately posting the full text of the bid in this thread - as I suspect Vil intended - would probably be a good idea.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Nov 20 2012, 01:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

@West Guiana,

You seem to be very enthusiastic about running an AOCAF, but you lack the expierienced that is favored by veteran participants that have been involved with the AOCAF for a much longer time. I would suggest getting an older nation(a.k.a. NOT me.) to co-host the event so you can recieve advice on what to do and what not to do, while also getting to enjoy running the best AO-wide sporting competition. Now, this is just my opinion, and you are by no means forced to follow it, but I think it could be really helpful in the long run.
Leorudo
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 24 2012, 01:33 AM

Last Call for Host Bids, otherwise Voting will start
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 24 2012, 06:19 AM

QUOTE (West Guiana @ Nov 20 2012, 04:44 AM)
What's the bolded for...

I can pretty regularly misspell 0 out of several thousand words. It's not a *huge* achievement.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 24 2012, 06:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well, as it seems I haven't got many questions to answer about my bid, I think I should clarify that I'm open to them. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Farfadillis on Nov 24 2012, 06:20 AM
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0193 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->