PMEmail Poster

We will be forming a bid to host the next AOCAF. Details TBA
BakerPark
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 25 2021, 12:58 AM
PMEmail Poster

Bee & Cocoa-bo in perfect harmony.
Vilita has signaled that they are prepared to co-host.

Entries
ALL entrants must be a nation within AO at the time of the opening of signups; puppets are welcome and must be declared in advance. At the current time there will NOT be a cap on the number of puppets allowed, but please don't enter four or five nations unless you have an idea that you're going to do justice to them and the rest of the competitors by RPing them. We're not doing a remake of “The Lonely Goatherd” with the Bil Baird Marionettes.

Tech Specs
Xkoranate with NSFS formula, additive modifiers and a full day max bonus for rostered nations, with all RP bonus accumulative throughout.
The most current AOCAF ranking will be used to establish seeding and an opening skill level baseline.

Group format will be ideally 8 groups of four teams each, although more than 4 could be accommodated if necessary. The groups will split between the co-hosts evenly. 16 teams will advance to the knockout stage (unless we get a large number of signups, then it could be increased).

All matches will be played within the host nations, final group order determined as follows:

(Points—of course, this is NOT a tiebreaker, it is a table sorting rule; being level on points is the reason for the need for tiebreakers)
--Head to Head points
--Head to Head goal difference
--Overall goal difference—actually I think it's more accurate to say GD against the other teams in the group, if Team A & B draw one another, but Team A beat Team C by 2 goals and Team B beat C by 1 goal and they both beat Team D by the same difference, etc.
--IC coin flip—I believe I'd go with raw cumulative RP score (less roster bonus)
OOC coin flip—extra xkoranated match (personally in my own cup comp that is 2 legs/total goals, if two teams are equal on score, away goals, etc. I decide by best 2 of 3—it takes a tiny bit of the crazy result element away--I usually list it as a penalty win).

Cutoffs will depend upon field size, obviously every other day is the ideal. Baker Park will cutoff within a window between 12 midnight-0200am Eastern U.S. Time (-5 hours GMT/Universal time).

Further questions are welcomed.
BakerPark
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0186 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->