Start new topic
Nation Name Origin
Posted: May 26 2004, 09:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

Rendition is like to recall something, or have a memory of something. Since this was my second nation, I wanted it to mirror Abattoir, or at least go back to some aspects of it.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 27 2004, 10:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

First: the story of my main nation(The Democratic Republic of Defaultia): Defaultia came from the word Default(I origionally used the default flag) but I decided to add "-ia" to make it more nation-like.

Next: the story of my puppet nation(The Allied States of Stralphi): I just put some random letters together.
Stralphi
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 31 2004, 02:35 PM
PMEmail Poster

My nation is named after Kryten from the hit TV programme "Red Dwarf". The capital, Avid-Diord, is the reverse of Diva-Droid (sort of), the fictional company that "made" him.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: May 31 2004, 04:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

The name Exham came about because I was in the middle of reading a horror book by HP Lovecraft when I made my nation. I flipped through the short stories that I had read until I came to one were the main character was traveling from Exham county, I like the name so I stole it. Same story with Innsmouth. My country has no relation to Lovecraft's writing except that Innsmouth has a lot of old New England style mansions.
Exham
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 05:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

THS just came from The Holy Roman Empire, and i changed roman to Saints since it stuck with the holy theme. my original full title was the Imperial Empire of The Holy Saints.

Arnhem-Migmegan came from the dutch spelling of Arnhem, and then Nijmegan Bridge. I rped it as a desolate wasteland still fighting WW2.

Prussen came from my fascination with Germany. Prussia in my native language pretty much sounds like Prussen, though its actually spelled Pruessen(it refers to the general area, Pruessland is the place.)
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 2 2004, 11:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

Xile...as in exile. If you use the phonetic spelling or whatever it is like echksile. Just seemed pretty cool to me. Occurred to me as I was reading the help file for the game.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jun 7 2004, 09:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

My last name is Sarzo, so I just went with a suffix to my last name. The "Incorporated States" looked cool, so I went with that. I almost called them provinces though.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 06:42 AM
PMEmail Poster

NEWI Cefn Druids stole it's name from a Welsh football team. Main puppet The Master Cooper is named after my local pub, with numerous other puppets derived from not much in particular.
NEWI Cefn Druids
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 05:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

When you get to 500m, will it be "The Former Flexsys States of NEWI Cefn Druids"?
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 06:15 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Krytenia @ Jun 10 2004, 06:17 PM)
When you get to 500m, will it be "The Former Flexsys States of NEWI Cefn Druids"?

Duno since he's at 1.6 Billion now smile.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 11 2004, 03:32 PM
PMEmail Poster

Note to self:

CHECK FACTS BEFORE POSTING DUMB STUFF!!!!!

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif blink.gif blink.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif huh.gif huh.gif
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 15 2004, 05:01 PM

Starblayde has been my online tag for around 5 years now, and 'Starblaydia' sounds somewhat more like a nation.

Starblayde came from a corruption of lightsabre, probably. Or perhaps from the Starblade rams that High Elf ships had in GW's verrry old Man-O-War game. I'll never know.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 1 2004, 04:28 PM

Lamoni is the name of the town in Iowa where I went to college. I just liked the name, so that is what I named my nation.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 4 2004, 04:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'm a pretty big fan of the SimCity series, and one of the people who worked on SimCity 4 has the last name Pedriana. There are also a couple of buildings in the game named after him, which made the name stick out in my mind. Thus, it became the name of my third nation.
Pedriana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 9 2004, 06:12 AM
PM

My nation is takes is name from the real East Karelia (Russia), 1919-1920 during Revolution era, anti-Red non-Russian independentists (Independent entities during the Revolution and WWII (Russia, 1915-1925 and 1941-1945)) times so instead of using just “East Karelia” I used “The People's Republic of East Karelia States” we are a People’s Republic because we are voted in office by the PEOPLE for the PEOPLE and for the Republic for which it was founded.

The real current Karelia (Russia) has a new Vertical flag which is in the color of “RED, Light Blue, and Green”

more info. on Karelia for those who are interested:
* Name (english): Karelia • (russian, short form): Карелия | Kareliâ • (russian, long form): Республика Карелия | Respublika Kareliâ
* Local official language: Karelian
* Capital: Петрозаводск | Petrozavodsk
* Area: 172 400 km2 (≅66 500 sq.mi.) • Population: 761 800 inhabitants in 2000
* Status: Republic (Республика | Respublika) within the Russian Federation
* Federal District: Northwestern Region • Economic region: North (northern European Russia) (in the soviet era: Northwest)
* License plate code: 10 • Ham radio code: KL • ISO 3166-2 code: KR
* Flag adopted on 1993.02.16 • Coat of arms adopted on 1993.09.28
East Karelia States
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0193 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->