Start new topic
The Iron Rose Kingdom
Posted: Jul 15 2009, 10:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

Valqura Palace is the massive official residence of the High King of Rosengarde, the country's designated Head of State, named for the country's Unifier King Darnassus Valqura. Despite the clear symbolism of reverence the building affords any viewer, especially in its extravagant tribute to the monarchy through art and decor, the King's residence is only one small portion of the facility's purpose. Included on the mansion's property is the Lotus Gardens, traditionally maintained by the royal family, as well as Rose Guard High Command (the nation's military headquarters). Perhaps the most famous location within the sprawling complex is the Chamber of Sovereigns, a tiny administrative centre from which the King can direct the activity of practically the entire government infrastructure. The building is more commonly referred to as Cardinal Palace.

From his throne atop the highest portion of the massive Royal Assembly antechamber, holding Valqura's diamond sword as his sceptre of power, sat the High King. Vigarde Maloriel, Vigarde the Sage, launched his booming voice across the room to his assembled Directors and the Consuls of the Assembly. Chancellor Gosselin smiled from next to him.

"My close friends, my dearest colleagues. It is time that the Iron Rose Kingdom step out into the world as a nation prepared to accept responsibility for its place in history."

Thunderous applause, as Director General Alseini smiled in ambitious anticipation.

"We have come now to Atlantian Oceania, a place of opportunity and incredible prosperity. We come here to lay our mark on the world, and to share a relationship of humble progress with our brothers and sisters across this region."

The announcement had been several weeks in planning, although any experienced government employee could predict its outcome. Anyone seeing the incredible new real estate developments at the King's newly requisitioned Vittori Square could tell what was about to occur.

"As of today a letter of solidarity and fraternity has been sent to all those nations of peaceful resolve in this region to begin diplomatic relations; the Crown has requisitioned Vittori Square to house the grand embassies and consulates which we hope shall open within the month."

The applause were outrageous, and Rosengarde's cities were electric with anticipation. The advantage of significant executive powers were that the King could speak on every TV and radio station a Rosali could hear.

"May free and open trade flow through this region as we today begin a new partnership with our neighbours. The government is announcing that, led by the Directorate of Foreign Affairs and my loyal subjects at the Crown Diplomatic Corps, the Rosali Peace & Trade Initiative has begun. The aim is to engage in open relations, both economic and political, with every acceptable nation in AO."

The speech was classic, one for the history books; as the King slipped behind the curtain, surrounded by the Crown Guard, Director General Alseini whispered to his ear: "Are you ready for the defining moment of your reign?"

The King slipped the sword into its scabbard.

"Let history remember that today we fulfilled our destiny."

From the Office of High King Vigarde Maloriel, First of his Name;
High King of Rosengarde, the Free Cities, and Roszalia; Sultan of Rajaratna; Supreme Pontiff of Tol Alethia; and Sovereign of the Iron Rose Crown;

To all friendly nations of Atlantian Oceania,

I, the High King of Rosengarde, on behalf of my people, seek to establish friendly diplomatic relations with all of those honourable and excellent countries willing to see peace and fraternity between the Kingdom and themselves. We are welcoming the applications of those nations seeking to establish consulates in our capital of Qalavarnassus, with prime real estate on the pristine Rosali coast near to the bustling Government District. These consulates will be a stone's throw away from almost all levels of my administration, including near to the Cardinal Palace and my official residence. I will promise to all nations that we only seek peace and economic cooperation.

In addition to this offer, I would like to add that we are seeking to establish open commerce with those nations willing to accept such economic development. The details of bureaucratic significance can be worked out between your pertinent departments and the Directorates of my government.

I toast our mutual futures as we move forward towards closer ties.

Warmest regards,

High King Vigarde Maloriel
Penned from the Iron Rose Throne
Rosengarde
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 17 2009, 04:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

The TV and radio sets all across Huracan Province were going wild. Where minutes ago people were relaxing, watching Destiny Beach, Around the Vuvuzela, or the Ocean State Derby between Huracan and Biloxoulaport, instead every channel and every radio frequency reachable from the Outer Islands and on the Koskiusko Peninsula was being overlaid with a signal from...Rosengarde?

In the capital of Atalanta, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was going just as wild. Demanding reports yesterday. Imploring to know who these “Rosengardians” were and how they could set up a community with a border apparently within a couple of hundred miles of the western coast of the country. Decisions were made, the country's official governmental isolationism towards it's peers was weighed, re-weighed. Everything was taken into account by Sociologists, Psychometrics, and even the rare Symbolist, down to whether the “Diamond Sword” was a phallic symbol [They think it is, but since it wasn't made by the man using it now, it's effect can be nullified until further studies are in]. Late in the night, after all the interns were sent to bed, and the air filters had long given up trying to remove the smell of the native hemp/tobacco blend cigarettes from the air they finally decided to sent out a communique to the new nation.

From the Arrozan Ministry of Foreign Relations:

To: High King Vilarde Maloriel

We the people and republic of Arroza do note your desire for peaceful relations with the nations of your region.  As one of the closest nations to you geographically, we would like to be one of the first nations to extend you the hand of friendship as you choose to move forward in the process of fully integrating yourself into our region.  We will soon be sending a most honored envoy to Vittari Square to formally seek to establish diplomatic relations, and hopefully you will send someone to Embassy Hex in Atalanta our Capitol City.  We also hope that the neighboring states of Huracan and Tol Alethia will open up both regional waterways and tourist opportunities between them given their closeness, although that is a more local matter.

Although in the future, when you make Royal Announcements, we request that you refrain from using the following frequencies at their current strength in your eastern provinces as they bleed into certain Arrozan frequencies....

Respectfully,
Ryan Irontree, Arrozan Minister of Foreign Relations

Back in the Ministry of Foreign Relations...

Minister Irontree folded up the calligraphed letter. It would go out in the morning and probably make it to Rosengarde the next day. “Well we've shown them the velvet glove. And as for showing them the iron fist inside the glove?” He grinned just a bit. Well Biloxoulaport Naval Station was within the range of the area affected by the Rosengardian channel-jacking. He picked up the phone to the Minister of the Open Sea. Five minutes later he grinned fully, lighting up another cigarette.

Sure, Rosengarde would be getting an envoy, in fact they would be getting Arroza's best. As for how he would be getting there...I'm sure Qalavarnassus wouldn't mind if he hitched a ride with the Pocket Dreadnaught AN Arceneaux, and the 50 ships of the North Western detachment of the Open Seas Fleet, already steaming westwards across the Iron Strait. If he could get a Seahawk fighter to fly him straight onto the aircraft carrier in the group, he could almost get the envoy and the fleet there at the same time that the diplomatic plane makes it into the city.
Arroza
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0149 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->