| The latest published Map and its Change History can be found in the https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1515877
Note that with the creation of Regional Map 6.0, there will be some landmass changes in the upper right portion of the map. The exemplar below is used to give a rough idea what this might look like but if making a claim in this zone, please note that you are welcome to adjust your borders as needed or desired.
How to get on the Regional Map?
First, the rules are flexible. If you have any questions post them here, on the official discord or via TG to Vilita / Farfadillis:
Then, you simply fill out your application, which must contain the following things:
- Nations may not be added to the map until they have been in the region for 28+ days. You can still request beforehand, however. Some exceptions may be granted.
- You must have a unique flag, that doesn't belong to any other nation within the region, or a nation that exists in real life. (Historical flags and flags of national subdivisions are fine, however.)
- You should have some national information available (be it in the form of a factbook on the main site, or a post within the forums).
- Your nation name.
- The plot of land you'd like. If you're proficient in any image editor, feel free to download the map, cut out the bit you want, colour it in, and post it back! Otherwise, a simple description will do.
- A link to a national information factbook, introduction of your nation on the AO Forums or RP contributions in an AO event
- Your capital city, or a major one, so it can be noted on a map
And that seems to be about it! Any more questions? Reply or use the TG system. Posted in the last map thread, but your claim hasn't been processed? Post a new one here, meeting all the criteria! Happy mapping!
- Don't make a massive claim if its not warranted
- Nations that are puppets of other users should declare themselves as such, and also actively RP the claim of the puppet nation.
- Don't try and grab land around other nations with the sole purpose to cut them off from the rest of the world
- All claims are subject to approval - the Atlantian Oceania Cartographic Institute is a fickle mistress, and claims that are deemed terrible or improperly submitted will not be accepted. Feel free to try again, however.
- If you don't like any of the lovely plots of land available, then land can be created, however this will be reviewed with an even stricter eye than any other claim. The preference is always going to be to use existing land - even if it need be 're-shaped' - opposed to just dropping an entire new Island somewhere.
- Please include the word "Abracadabra" in your application, as we all know that you don't get anything you want without saying the magic word. Also, it shows you've at least read this far. Although, please do read on.
- We can add things like lakes, if they're particularly important, however they cannot be placed where other features had been RP'ed before - like the Great Calanian Desert, for example.
- Nations that have CTE'd will remain on the map for a timeperiod after their extinction as deemed appropriate by the AOCI, and if they have made a significant contribution to the region or to the greater forum (as is the case with choice nations included on the map), this will be extended further (or indefinitely).