Start new topic
Why was my name changed already?
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 02:52 AM
PMEmail Poster

I realize this is a really bad question to ask as my first registered post here (first question was as "Inquiring_Mind"), but why was my name changed (before I even was able to confirm my e-mail address) from 95X to Scottfire? I use 95X as my main nation, and have ever since I created it.
Thanks
(If this type of question isn't allowed, feel free to kick/ban/etc. accordingly. Or, if everyone would prefer that I voluntarily leave, let me know.)
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 10 2006, 12:35 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

95X sounds like a model of automobile, not the name of a Nation - It doesn't fit very well to have an automobile posting with a bunch of nations smile.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 11 2006, 08:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

Hmm, that's a new one - most people ask me something like '...wow, is that named after a radio station somewhere? Are you from Syracuse (New York) or Midland (Texas)?' The answer to all of that is no, although I have listened to both of those radio stations online and I'm a radio freak that once wanted to be on the air as a DJ. smile.gif

Actually, among being one of my favorite bus routes (which is about to be cancelled - shame on TriMet!), "95X" (which is now just "95") is the bus route I was riding at 10:05 AM Eastern Time on 9-11-2001. Obviously, I wasn't paying attention to what actual bus I was riding that morning, I think it was one of their at-least 10-year old Flixibles (think that's how its spelled).

The story of 95X goes like this: I wanted another nation - one that would be a little more business-oriented and espically public transit oriented, and was thinking about naming it either after TriMet or the neighboring transit district in Clark County, Washington, C-TRAN. I decided not to when I thought 'what if they complain?,' and the game mods deleted all my nations. So, I decided to name it for the reasons in the above paragraph.

When I created 95X, I claimed it was a breakaway republic of Scottfire, which at the time was something like "Psychotic Dictatorship." Decisionmaking in 95X drove it to where it is today, and I once announced that, since 95X is corporate-controlled, it "bought" Scottfire outright, resulting in a name change from "...Dictatorship..." to "...Provincial Dictatorship...." Scottfire's motto read "A Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of the Corp. of 95X" until I moved it here to AO, where I have since changed it.

It's OK, I can live with it, and, more importantly, you're the boss of the region (and control the buttons marked "eject" and "ban"), and it's not like this is the only region in NationStates.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 11 2006, 09:36 PM

I've no problems with the names if you RP them and prove that you deserve them, but as your post count shows as 2 at the current time, I obviously have very little to go by. We'd love to have you stick around, so please accept the challenge and prove you are as committed to your nations as you've shown in this thread. The more active a nation is, the more lenient the rules become for them.

-vil
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 21 2006, 07:45 AM

why didn't you just call them about it?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 21 2006, 07:31 PM

call?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 21 2006, 10:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

I presume the guest means "ask"
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 26 2006, 07:36 PM

Yeah... you're a funny guy smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Man that was so funny! :D
Unregistered
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->